1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What to see in Italy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Arbuzzz, May 25, 2019.

1. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Planning to visit Italy in July... Gonna rent a car and drive from Rome to Monaco. Never been before... Was trying to google any race tracks on the way... Only Vallelunga is on our way but zero information if I can rent the supercar there and drive it on the track and etc...

Anybody knows good place in Italy where I could drive on racetrack? Or good GO KART tracks? Any famous or iconic?

I would very appreciate any info

Thank you :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 195 – Insanity in Italy and trepidation at Terlamen Sep 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Stay safe KS. Get well soon Italy. Mar 17, 2020
    ACC General Discussions is it just online and downloadable in italy?!? May 29, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues AC lobby can't find any servers again (12:30pm Italy time) Nov 20, 2018
    XBox One Discussions No Servers in Italy Oct 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Porsche e-Carrera Cup Italy (using AC) May 1, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room F1AC Championship (Ferrari F2004) by AC-Italy.com Feb 7, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Earthquake In Italy Aug 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Please make the new fantasy track (Italy/Scotland) point-to-point Aug 7, 2016
    Tracks modding (wip) MONTE ERICE hill climb & downhill / Sicily, ITALY / PUBLIC Beta v0.82 DOWNLOAD Oct 24, 2015
    Tracks modding (wip) Trieste Hill climb & Downhill (ITALY) DOWNLOAD beta v0.4 / v0.6 soon Oct 21, 2015
    Tracks modding "coste" road , sp 237 near brescia, italy v0.2 Jul 27, 2015
    Tracks modding [wip] hillclimb tracks in italy - real road Mar 19, 2015
    Liveries Alfa giulietta qv black italy Jan 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Good luck Italy Jun 11, 2014

3. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Mugello is near Firenze, so going from Rome to Monaco it is a pass through

4. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I looked Mugello as well. But is it possible to rent any cars out there and drive it on track? I didnt see it on the web site

5. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

https://www.rseitalia.it/circuito-mugello.asp

i suggest you to search for some YT video about rseitalia....just to have an idea of their services

6. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Favourite Schumacher Go-Kart track is on Garda Lake (Lonato) :)
    https://www.southgardakarting.it/en

Arbuzzz likes this.
  7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

and if you're lucky and I'm free, you might even get to meet me, as I live quite near there... :D
    That said, be careful on what "rent a supercar" company you choose. If it's just for the thrills to drive a Ferrari or Lambo at a historic circuit, at slow speed, then ok. But be aware the most of these companies won't let you gearchange over 4000rpm with an Italian guy moving his arms telling to go slower all the time. Also ask if they are still open at July, as summer in Italy tends to be a slow period for race tracks. July is better than August, but still, ask just to be sure.

Have fun!

mister dog, chksix, Arbuzzz and 2 others like this.
  8. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I did drive Gallardo and 458 on Las Vegas race track... I paid like 500$ for both cars... It was amazing experience because they allow you to go full speed. I had to catch the rear couple times of 458... Gallardo was so easy to drive. I was testing on AC and I tried AC right after... very close driving feelings. But I looked online... in Italy its very expensive and not easy to find... So I think I will pass driving supercar in Italy.

But I would really like to go on GO KART tracks. I will visit Maranello as well. I booked a night in this hotel... Thats crazy :D https://ca.hotels.com/ho336142/?display=description

9. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

10. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

I live pretty close to that Go-Kart Track as well but never visited it, didn't even know it was Shumi preferred one! You should organize a Race there man....

11. No idea if Imola can be near your route, but there they have a nice habit: they let people walk and cycle inside the racetrack for some hours every day (if there's no events running). You just enter the track and can do a very nice walk inside the circuit. The complete lap is slightly less than 5 km, you can feel your shoes sticking in the rubbered areas, you can see the Senna and Ratzenberger memories, compare the AC version with the real one, etcetera. They usually close the access to the track when it's darkening. And it's free. For info, pls check here:
    http://www.autodromoimola.it/events/racetrack-open-days/?lang=en

12. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Yes and you only get one or two short laps as well before your turn is already up (if it works the same as over here in Spain). Better look for the 'non exotic' cup car option if they have one available, as you get more laps and you can really race it. I was able to push the pedal down for 4 laps with this one for example:

[​IMG]

Much better value for money IMO.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  13. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Visited Italy last week... Such a great country... Ate pizza and pasta everyday - the best :d

Started in Rome... epic city of course. No comments, history and etc.

But then went to Maranello for 1 day. I was wearing Ferrari shirt and my wife Ferrari dress. :D

66316107_10156177552190918_2593814909938565120_n.jpg

So my hotel was all about Ferrari, at reception they had Ferrari F1 car and every room is red with Ferrari history - epic... So for dinner we wanted to go to Maranello downtown (about 3km). But there was no bus going at that time... no Uber as well. So we found some local bar and asked if someone knows any taxi number to call... They dont speak English, only Italian :D they saw that we are tourist and Ferrari fans... So we understood they one of the old guys will give as a ride... WOW! :D So he gave as a ride to the restaurant... I was saw surprised... Just random guy who was enjoying his time with friends gave us a ride to the Maranello downtown... COOL!

So I found ferrari fan restaurant... again, all about Ferrari :D Had a great supper and I asked waitress if they know any taxi number to call... She came back in 2 minutes and said that kitchen chef will give us a ride to Hotel... :D WTF!? So some young guy came out from the kitchen... doesnt speak English, but we followed him to his Abarth and he drove it like he is a F1 driver thru the Maranello :D He told me that he came to work to Maranello from Milan because he is Ferrari fan...

Great people... I think that we were in Ferrari shirt and dress helped us with the ride, but still :)

So if you plan to go to Italy, visit Maranello but wear Ferrari :D you will get bonuses!

9VtxCVk-SGo.jpg
    D6Fd9D4mxhw.jpg
    eccC1DZn5C4.jpg
    RIaz_OzS2LI.jpg
    IMG_20190708_190017_resized_20190716_091104235.jpg
    IMG_20190708_193105_resized_20190716_091104611.jpg
    IMG_20190708_202620_resized_20190716_091104909.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    LeiF, baboon, ZioYuri78 and 3 others like this.