1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What tracks would you like to see Kunos add? (Google Survey)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert M525, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Trento Bondone in the PS4, Nurburgring GP pre 1997 (without the mercedes arena section) and Zolder.

2. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

my choice
    Sebring
    Mosport
    Circuit de gilles villenueve
    Watkins glen
    Istanbul Park

Omelete likes this.
  3. In order of the number of votes to date on your list.......

Hockenheim Ring
    Donington Park
    Mid Ohio
    Portimao
    Istanbul Park

4. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

Track name recognition-- probably from other sims--- does seem to win the day. I like Laguna Seca... I have been there in person and the corkscrew is amazing.... but it is not the best US track on the list. Nor the second or third best either.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

5. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Just too many good ones to pick, but my top 5 would be:

Hockenheim
    Donnington
    Le Mans
    Road Atlanta
    Sebring

Omelete likes this.
  6. stryder

stryder Rookie

What about sugo I recall having some good races in one of the gtr games might have even been the gtr mod

7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Sad to see the lack of love for Portimão, even if Stefano shown some preference for it in a recent stream. It's a recent track and relatively unknown, but far from a Tilkedrome. If licensing was cheap enough to make for the lack of hype, it'd be a great and fresh addition to AC that could become an instant favorite for many who don't know it.

LeonW and NightEye like this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Laguna Seca for the 100th time? I don't know …
    IMO, apart from the corkscrew it doesn't have too much interesting stuff.

As I love fast corner combinations, I voted for Sepang, but I guess I'm almost alone there …

Guido Trampe and Linus27 like this.
  9. yusupov

yusupov Alien

voted quickly, missed sebring & suzuka! the latter doesnt need much help in the poll though. would replace VIR & laguna seca with those two...though the latter would still be cool for hypercar track times & the former is just an awesome track id love to see scanned in AC.

10. Good survey but kunos did the same 2 years back or so and we voted then , but it seems that it was irrelevant at the time due to license costs and budgets. Hopefully the console version will sell a load of copies and kunos will be able to acquire so of the originally voted tracks.

11. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Doesn’t really make sense to include street circuits in this survey, as much as I like to have them. It’s too much work to laserscan and model them.
    So my choice was: Road Atlanta, Road America, Portland, Virginia, Daytona (we need a Murica-Pack! :D )

12. kikie

kikie Simracer

No Zolder on that list. Too bad because I really want to see Zolder in AC.

13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I'm pretty much against many of the current F1 tracks, I have a severe hatred of tarmac run off, its bordering on an allergic reaction. My philosophy is that if F1 races there, the track is already ruined. There are some exceptions, however the tracks that F1 races on gradually get emasculated down to a overblown car park with white lines. The Hungaroring, nice circuit, ruined by F1 with the requirement of nearly total tarmac run off everywhere. Don't even get me started on Mt Fuji. Another classic venue ruined.

Speaking from a UK perspective I guess my view is somewhat biased, but I would like to see Oulton Park and Thruxton, i'd take Donington too, but id rather see the first two to be honest. Looking elsewhere, Mosport is probably one of the best venues, its one of those tracks that flies under the radar a little, people really need to look at some onboard vids from Mosport, its a fantastically underrated track, really fast and a real challenge, and almost no tarmac run off, real close barriers. Great circuit.
    Road Atlanta is also another track which perhaps gets overlooked in favour of Road America, though I prefer Road Atlanta.

NightEye, Reference92 and fbiehne like this.
  14. I have fond memories of Portimao. It's another one of those tracks where I won a P&G3 league race, and one of the very few times where I have managed to cross the finishing line ahead of my good friend baronesbc :cool:;) For the record, I was driving a Shelby Cobra 289 Roadster, and he was driving a Ferrari 275 GTB.

AlleyViper and yusupov like this.
  15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

There are quite a few exceptions, but yeah the trend goes there and even the drivers don't like it anymore.

But not every track was modified with tarmac off track and some tracks are almost original. e.g. Montreal (ok, no place for tarmac :D).
    Interlagos and Sepang have a lot of gravel and grass around the track as well. In Mexico, they put a lot of that astroturf to limit the track, which I'm ok with.
    (Edit: Actually I'm not sure if AC could properly simulate astroturf, could be quite tricky.)

But tracks like Yas Marina, Valencia (the permanent circuit is great, but that street circuit …) or Baku … leave me alone. ;)

Which reminds me: Valencia (Circuit de Valencia) is actually missing from the list. Almost forgot to state that. :)
    It was featured in GTR2 and was one of the tracks I like the most.
    GTR2 also had another arabian track at Dubai, iirc. And it was much better than Yas Marina.

16. yusupov

yusupov Alien

portimao absolutely got my vote & i hope to see it! its like a 21st century brands hatch, fantastic circuit.

AlleyViper likes this.
  17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Laserscanned oval vs. laserscanned track where you have to actually drive and can't use a rope to tie the wheel to turn left. Sure oval would be nice if we got it free, and without it being away from production of some other track. But creating months of gap to getting a new proper track? No thanks. Oval track would still have huge work, with modeling all of the surrounding scenery, grandstands, buildings and everything.

Dessu and yusupov like this.
  18. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Confirmed for never having actually done oval racing.

19. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

While voting, people need to keep in mind, if there is a good mod version of a track available already. For instance:

Le Mans
    Fuji
    Road America
    Albert Park
    Yas Marina
    Paul Ricard
    Algarve
    Donington

Kunos can therefore focus on a niche - one with popular demand, one that doesn't have a good mod version yet, one with acceptable licensing costs and one logistically and timely feasible. I think this offers a good value investment.

On a related note: one irritating thing which still holds up today is, a perfectly good mod track is available which offers variety from the official ones we already have, but unfortunately people don't host/drive it that much. The day the 'official laserscanned version' comes along, it suddenly fills numerable servers for the next two weeks. That was true for Barcelona, for Brands Hatch and is recently true for the Red Bull Ring. Some have taken on that challenge specifically hosting mod tracks, but for many, a mod track is simply not appealing, regardless of quality. I hope this behavior will improve in the future.

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well it was more of a joke :) Of course there is lot more involved, but I still find it to be too marginal thing, for game like AC which doesn't have huge track roster, and every new addition is a big effort for Kunos + big event for community.

yusupov likes this.