1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What you do on ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by BrakeCheck101, Jun 6, 2019.

1. I'm curious. When you load up ACC of a night, what do you get up to?

Multiplayer quick join button?
    Single offline race? - What scenarios do you load?
    Find a lobby in multiplayer to join?
    Career mode?
    Championship mode?
    Work on improving you CC, SA, RC etc etc?
    Special events?
    Simply, just lapping a track in a car and learning it?
    etc etc

I'm just curious to see what other people do.

Personally, I was really into 1 hour offline races in early access, but just became a little turned off by the AI getting stuck behind backmarkers. So now, I kind of aimlessly wonder between multiplayer, special events and career mode.

So yeah, I just wondered what other people do. I thought it might be useful for those who are a little lost, like me. I enjoy driving on the sim, but I kind of feel like I don't have a goal or specific task that I want to do when I jump on.

2. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

From v.1 only try cars in server Kunos1 at SPA. Also because even raining and i had wait wet races for mounths. The only rating i check is SA that i build in MP. At the moment is 92.
    EDIT: sorry for my ****ing english... "i waited.."

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Competition races lately, some casual league events and special events. Haven't done much public lobby racing since v1.0 tbh.
    Gonna start my career a couple of builds later, when it's less buggy and more completed. Can't wait to race with my teammates, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump :p

BrakeCheck101 and ignission like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

40% practice, 40% sp, 20% mp, 100% have fun :)

D.Jankovic, DiRTMark, MTv and 2 others like this.
  5. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

That's pretty much what I do, being a lorry driver I don't get much time to play, and practice but I still try to have fun would love to be able to practice more and be a bit faster, but hey those bills gotta come 1st :D

6. ignission

ignission Simracer

I tend not to play the single player modes with AI, although I have checked them out. I'll spend quite a bit of time in practice, checking out the cars, playing with setups etc but I pretty much play MP. I used to play a lot of Live for Speed online back in the day and I've got to say ACC has really peaked my interest again in online racing. I've clocked 380 hours so far and would have spent far more time in game if life wasn't so busy.

Outside of the above, I do a few of the special events that catch my interest - just to confirm how slow I am compared to everyone else :)

DiRTMark likes this.
  7. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I don't like career mode. special events some times, then mostly MP and certain sp scenarios such as damp tracks, sunset, dawn,... collecting stars...

8. lottalava

lottalava Racer

Actually, trying to survive and keeping on track.

practice 90%
    mp 10%

DiRTMark likes this.
  9. flihp

flihp Racer

Single player practice mode, getting a feel for most cars, not changing setups yet, checking out some of the tracks I don’t usually drive around on, playing with graphics settings lol. . Next I will likely pick a couple of favourite cars, adjust for, seating positions, play around with look with wheel settings, and then get into some setup changes on those cars.,

Cascader likes this.
  10. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

7.5 inches

11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I don’t at the moment. Waiting for hotfix/update love:)

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I mostly drive in multiplayer and when I get bored or salty I take my BMW for a long ride in free practice mode. However that will change if and when they add the Porsche GT3 Cup series.

13. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I’m usually grabbing an hour here or there and don’t get the chance to play very often. So I’m usually racing against ai so set up a practice, qualy and 30 minute race in whatever track & car combo feels right. It’s a tossup between clear and light rain, don’t usually go for anything heavier, but I have it on slightly variable so there’s an element of surprise. The ai is OK but could definitely use some improvement it’s ok to be behind, but it rarely overtakes. Even if I back right off to a crawl to let the ai overtake me, it still just trails around behind me. Might be because I have the aggressiveness set low, but that’s to stop it rear ending me into chicanes.

If I have more time on the weekend, I’ll try a quick MP race, but rarely unfortunately. And sometimes I’ll just hot lap to try and beat my lap record. Keeps me entertained

14. magzire

magzire Alien

I open acc and scream for an hour then close it

Achokaracho likes this.
  15. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

With some rare breaks I'm only playing hotlaps with all track-car combinations. I really enjoy fighting with myself and improving skills - somehow much more then actually racing lol :D (that's why lack of any best laps savings and statistics for cars, tracks is for me biggest lack and minus in this game for now :/ ).

16. pablito

pablito Rookie

practice, hotlapping and quick races...until all is done/fixed I dont touch MP.

17. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Maily Hotstint events, some practicing with cars I don't know and the odd custom race weekend to farm some SA/RC rating. Oh and trying to git gud at Monza.

18. baboon

baboon Alien

Career mode is fun for me and it helps me to learn the new tracks because I can follow AI around. Yesterday it was at Hungaroring and the night+rain race was awesome. Following the leaders in the dense spray was intense and the lighting looked amazing. Somehow the AI was faster in the wet than I expected, and maybe the Frey Jag I drove was bad at it. I also did some online racing at Brands, was fun too and I had one very tough race with another guy where I had to defend ~1sec gap all race long.

19. 99% on video options/View Settings trying to find reasonable config for my triple screen setup, 1% testing.

Sad but true.

20. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Hotlapping while waiting for full functionality in VR. Haven't driven much in V1.x so I've lost skill :(