1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

What's the best ways to get into physics modding?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SidewayzShuffle//, Aug 29, 2018.

1. I'm not sure where to start, but I have started

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion What's the best way to make a glossy looking surface? Jun 7, 2017
    Console Lounge What's your best car to drive...? (Discussion) Sep 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What's the best way to reduce understeer in a road car? Jul 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What's the best wheel stand for cheap? May 30, 2016
    Tracks modding What's the best track for high speed driving? Aug 11, 2015
    ACC General Discussions What's next Nov 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What's with the pit crew animation Sep 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay DQ for omiting the maximun drive time? What's that? Aug 23, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues What's wrong with my name ?? Aug 7, 2019
    ACC Physics AMG Splitter Setting: What's actually changing on the car? Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What's the keyboard shortcut to toggle AI? Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Physics The Tire App - What's it saying? Apr 10, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality What's your motion-to-photon latency? Apr 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What's the actual purpose of these forums? Jan 28, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Cannot figure out what's going on in MP Sprint Race Dec 22, 2018

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Depends on where you are at now. If you know the actual physics of a car quite detailed, you have a good start I guess. Otherwise I'd start there.

If you know what kind of data you need, it's time to look for the actual values of the car you're designing.
    Also take a look at the Dev apps in AC, as they give a nice overview of how some things are modeled.

Then take the physics SDK in the AC and look at the way all the values are entered. The SDK open physics data (all the non encrypted ini files, suspension, aero...) is based on the Formula Abarth car if I remember correctly.YYou can create a new car and play around with those values.

Not having created a full physics set for a car myself yet, I still see two main challenges, first is finding all the data. What you can't find (and for a normal car I guess that is the biggest part), you have to approximate or even guess. If you guesses a lot you need to compare the car to the actual one based on numbers and subjective feeling continuing to fiddle until it comes close.
    Second challenge appears if you need to model something not available in AC, like rare suspension types, etc. But you can get a lot of help, partially here, otherwise for example at racedepartment.com.

Anyway, wishing you a good start and a lot of fun while tooling around with AC physics!

SidewayzShuffle// and chakko like this.