1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What's the best wheel stand for cheap?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CbmGraphics, May 30, 2016.

1. CbmGraphics

CbmGraphics Gamer

Just got a wheel and have noticed mounting it to my desk is not ideal (The desk will shake, not the most stable thing) it definitely works, but I'm looking for a wheel stand. What's the best wheel stand I can get for cheap? There's some I've seen that cost 250-300$ but at that point for a little more I could get a whole sim rig.
    would love to hear your guys suggestions!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room What's the best ways to get into physics modding? Aug 29, 2018
    General modding discussion What's the best way to make a glossy looking surface? Jun 7, 2017
    Console Lounge What's your best car to drive...? (Discussion) Sep 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What's the best way to reduce understeer in a road car? Jul 6, 2016
    Tracks modding What's the best track for high speed driving? Aug 11, 2015
    ACC General Discussions What's about all these Spam threads? Feb 13, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's up with Special Events Jul 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's this? Mar 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please tell me this NOT what's coming tomorrow? Feb 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions first pc what's important Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality What's with the mirrors? Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's next for ACC? Aug 19, 2021
    ACC General Discussions What's the Status on ACC and future Projects? very quiet in here. Jan 24, 2021

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I have a wheelstand Pro for my G25.

It's really excellent imo, solid but light enough to move easilly. It's a vast improvement over desk mounting. I'm not sure what they go for in the US but they are made in Europe iirc, that may bump up the $ price.

4. Quertreiber

Quertreiber Racer

And a wheelstand will wobble.
    I am used to a stiff rig and when i drove with one at my friends home it was annoying.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I really don't notice the wheel moving on the wheelstand although vid's show that it does slightly.

Its way better ergonomically than desk mounting at least and not everyone has space or the inclination to have a sim rig. The main issue I found with deskmounting is that the wheel or shifter, or both, would come loose periodically...

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

The one you build yourself with some wood you find in your garage
    True story. :)

phizz likes this.
  7. CbmGraphics

CbmGraphics Gamer

Handyman is not in my genes. I'd rather throw money at someone then buy the tools and supplies, and figure out how to build one lol.

8. CbmGraphics

CbmGraphics Gamer

Its not really the shake directly that bothers me. Its the fact that sometimes when countersteering it will wobble, make my monitor wobble, move my whole desk (Has happened a time or two), make things fall off my desk. On the racing side of things, the wobble doesn't bother me. Just the fact that it'll move **** irl.

9. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Hi,

I was in the case two month ago : I would have found something pretty cheap and that didn't take too much space (I live in apartment).

After a lot of hesitation, watching review, videos,... I chose the Playseat Challenge. A foldable seat, confortable and more stable that it seems in first view.

Cost : 200€

This is an economic choice but I don't regret it. ;-)

10. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

GT Omega Wheel Stand.
    I love it, very well done and sturdy...

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. CbmGraphics

CbmGraphics Gamer

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Place your order and wait for shipping. You won't regret it. It's relatively cheap, sturdy and you can extend it to a full rig later on.

13. esox71

esox71 Alien

Depends what you do, I currently have GTOmega wheel stand, And have had the wheelstandpro deluxe(Widest/heavest) one.
    If you play other games then I would suggest using a nice big heavy desk, none of the stands come close to the stability.
    T500rs

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yeah im starting to get fed up with my WSP now. I would have bought GTOmega already if they had decent delivery options. I really dont want to have a rig in my lounge but im starting to think its the only way I might get effective braking in AC. considering gt art rig.

15. esox71

esox71 Alien

16. LRM

LRM Simracer

I am interested too, does anyone have a simple plans for a wood based or metal bar sim rig ?

17. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

As far as wheel stands go, the GT Omega looks like it'd be the best of the stands suggested so far. Then, I would say the Next Level Racing is a close 2nd place. This is just based on the look of its sturdiness. But that's why I've never bought myself a wheel stand. Are they really sturdy or do they move around a lot if you really have to crank the wheel in one direction, or both directions one after another but in very quick succession, like you're trying to avoid an accident. Or do they just look sturdy? My DFGT is mounted on this cheezy little wooden TV tray and while it clamps on like an alligator (I haven't had to re-clamp in a year) I will literally make the right legs come off the ground, like I'm tipping the whole thing over, if I have to quickly have to turn left - or vice versa. I have been in so many crashes and spun out so many times because of my horrible steering wheel mounting situation. I don't have the space for a full rig currently. I'd literally have to throw away my recliner, which pulls double duty as my racing seat, and that's just not a viable action.

Opinions from those who own one of these "better" wheel stands?

18. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Video will give you a better idea...

Next Level wheel stand seems more stable (but not) and it is also more pricey and less confortable with reversed mounted pedals...
    I have a GT Omega Wheel Stand, is more confortable and well done, if you want it more stable you can do a little mod like this one:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  19. Ned 2

Ned 2 Rookie

I use a wheel stand pro. its a compromise between compact storage and being sturdy in use. A job it does really well. In use it copes with all but the most aggressive wheel rotations. I've rarely had a problem with mine moving around and that's with lots of dirt rally opposite lock action. I would imagine its less likely to move around on a carpeted floor though. Storage is excellent as it folds in half and can be hidden behind a sofa or in a corner easily. From stored to setup and ready to use is 5 minutes tops. Maybe not the best wheel mount but for a lounge race, hard to beat.

20. Turk

Turk Alien

I've been looking at the playseat challenge. At the moment I'm at a PC table and have all sorts of problems with the table moving, wheel becoming detached on one side, and just having terrible seating positions. I'm planning with VR in mind so I won't need to account for monitors in my future setup.

LeDude83 and AC_RAF like this.
  21. esox71

esox71 Alien

Trust, the GTOmega moves sometimes with the T500rs, like pictures above it's really good if you don't need to extend it much and your chair is practically on the floor.