1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What's your normal pace?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SwaggyShaggy, Sep 14, 2018.

1. My lowest so far has been 2:01 and some change. It takes a considerable amount of effort for me to get that. I am averaging in the mid 2:02's.
    Using a Fanatec CSR, with basic CSR pedals. I feel that my issues are skill related, rather than equipment issues.

2. Maybe in F1 or similar, but GT cars right foot braking is fine. That's what I do and I dont feel like it hinders me at all. Maybe there's a tenth or two in there somewhere on a hotlap but eh, who knows.

3. chakko

chakko Alien

Just did a 1:55.4 something with the aggressive setup, and quite some drifts in some corners. No idea how people drive 3 seconds faster, and keep the car on the track. :eek: I must say though that the Nurbürgring GP has never been my fastest track. Still, 3 seconds are a lot. Guess i will never become a hotlapper. :)

4. nangu

nangu Gamer

I noticed something similar, that is FFB, or input response, seems to be tied to FPS.

With all graphics on high i get around 70 FPS, best lap on Practice mode 2.01 high and impossible to catch the rear when the car gets unsettled. Lowering graphics to get 90/100 FPS my PB is 1.59 low with the same setup as before, and I have a better feeling what the car is doing, I can recover a lot better the rear end, and be a lot more consistent lap after lap.

If then I go to race with 19 AI drivers, FPS drop to 60/70 again, and my driving suffers from the same behaviour as my first practice experience.

In my limited experience with ACC so far, I think FPS has a direct impact on how I feel and can push the car, thus the direct impact on resulting lap time. Need to do more testing though.

5. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

FPS has impact on input lag, so yes. You may have worse control over car with lower frames.

flashat69 and BEsnake like this.
  6. nangu

nangu Gamer

Thanks, I hope it'll be better on future releases.

7. flashat69

flashat69 Gamer

I just did a 1:59.4, but my maximum with this combo is 1:53.1 in AC1. For me there are big problems pushing hard. I would not approach this game to iRacing anyway as I heard from others. In managing the car, it looks like I'm literally driving on the eggs. I often lose control of the car at very low speeds, just as if the lambo engine were mounted on a small road car. I noticed more accentuated input and flicker problems after this second update. The game promises well. Above all, a compliment to those who managed to understand the new physics pushing his car to the maximum right away. I own a T300Rs and my PC mounts a GTX1080 with a latest generation intel with 32GB of Ram. At the moment I will continue on iRacing and the excellent AC1

8. chakko

chakko Alien

Very Interesting. I might just try and turn everything down to low, to see if driving gets easier then.

9. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

It's very much UE4 thing. I noticed that in most games with unreal engine and ACC is not different. Don't think that will be much better when racing full grid with AI tho since it's most heavy on CPU, and graphics are most GPU.
    That's why it's butter smooth when hotlapping and car feels super responsive (on decent PC). Problem starts when racing AI because FPS drastically drops and even if you are above your refresh rate you may experience noticeable input lag.
    Maybe it will be better in online racing, since there is no AI calculations and just physics.

@edit:
    Even PUBG managed to massively reduce input lag so it shouldn't be a problem here with amount of hard work Kunos is putting into their games :)

BTW. So i'm not just about offtopic :D I'm sim racing noob and managed to do 1:58:5 once.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  10. Nesja

Nesja Racer

With the new update I managed an average of 1:55.5 over 5 laps in the hotstint event.

11. I seem to be running in the 1.58.5 range over 15 laps with a custom aggressive setup in the Hotstint event.

12. chakko

chakko Alien

OK. so i made a test, set every graphics setting to mid, and got 95-115 fps in the sunny Hotlap event. While i only marginally improved my time (from 1:55.4 something to 1:55.3 something), the car immediately felt more responsive. Now whether that was a placebo or not, i can't tell. I definitely saw less lag of the ingame wheel.

Now here's the weird thing though: I drove the sunset Hotstint event after that (the 30 plus minutes one), and, even though the framerate was much lower (70 to 90 or so), the input lag more or less felt the same? At least to me, it rather seemed like the input lag was minimized by one of the graphics options, rather than the framerate. All speculation though, i could be totally wrong with that.

At the very least, i can only recommed to the guys who have a hard time controlling the car, to tune down the graphics settings, so you get 100 frames average, or so. I was able to catch some drifts with the aggressive setup that i wasn't able to catch before. Again, not sure how much of that might be placebo, because, obviously, the more laps, the better i get accustomed to the car, so, it's difficult to say. Let's say it seemed quite a bit better. YMMV.

13. unknwn

unknwn Alien

@chakko
    At least in PUBG running FPS higher than refresh rate provides very little latency reduction (amount of resources required I would say is not worth it): see 7:00
    However it was shown previously that different graphic settings (while maintaining same FPS) could noticeably increase latency (30% comparing very low vs medium preset): see 3:30

It makes sense to try testing various combos, personally I disable post processing as it usually increases latency and in case of ACC effects seem to be overdone.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    D_Rod, chakko and mms like this.
  14. mms

mms Alien

Wanted to reply earlier with my observation, but thought I'd let you to experiment first :p

Made the same thing, also measured changes in graphics lag and did not find any significant improvements, I'd say it's mostly placebo ;)

EDIT: completely agree with the part more laps, better you get, last time I played I was in complete control of the car, also being able to slide (not drift) around corners without loosing it.

D_Rod and chakko like this.
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

Maybe one of the devs can shed some light on whether this is mainly framerate dependant, or bound to a specific graphics setting.

16. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Reducing latency is only applicable when you want to fetch that 1sec or 0.5sec, but can be reach without relying on it with memorization. 1:52 is impossible, if you're successfully being trolled at real onboard footage & driver61 driving theory. They don't apply well & contradict every method possible to get there.

Adjust FOV, FFB is 100% placebo.

17. cobrettee

cobrettee Gamer

still running an R7 370 so fps has been very low - racing against AI always ends in stutter causing me to crash somewhere on the track. My best hotlap was a low 1:58 but after I read this thread and set everything to low I ran a 1.55.6 and could consistently lap in the high 1.55-low 1.56 times. This is using aggressive setup lowering rear a bit and bumping up tc and abs. The update for today says it fixed hotstints so will try that later. Just waiting for RTX cards to release so I can hopefully pick up a 1080ti cheap"er" :)

18. Oscar1900

Oscar1900 Racer

Practice Avg 2:00 - 2:01
    PB 1:59:3xx in a race.
    Stable setup and no change to fuel.
    Can't wait for VR. I've not played in 2D in over a year until Friday night when I finally played ACC. When I first started I was doing laps in the 2:04-2:05.
    I have about 2.2 hours of play so far. So I'm just getting started.

FFB set at 65 and it feels great. Great feedback. I'm able to catch slides (not all of them of course).

Video settings: Full Screen 1920 x 1080. Everything on Epic. Scale 120.
    FPS in practice 130-170
    FPS in races: Start of the race around 75 until the straight. After that around 110 while cars are bunched up. After that 110-125.

Even though I have very decent FPS I do notice some stuttering up the hill in the distance after making the turn on T1.

19. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I just cant break the 2min barrier.
    My PB is 2:00.245.
    My car always understeers and fights for grip, where some videos I watch they seem to stick like glue in comparison.

It also doesn't help that my system is set up for VR and my monitor is 2 foot to my right, oh, and I have a broken finger (that's got to be good for at least 0.5s).

And if I hear 'your lap is invalid, please try to keep to the black stuff' one more time i'm going to throw my PC out of the window. Or even worse is 'try not to cut the corner', when in reality I have actually crashed quite hard into the barrier. I mean 'cut the corner'? i'm lucky to be alive.

LazyJab likes this.
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

when fps drops to low then you are slower. had this several times. normally i have stable 50fps and sometimes 70.
    when it goes down to 30 i am slower.
    from 70fps on i never felt a difference - so i think its placebo.
    now hit the wall with 1:57,4 - perfect lap will be 1:56,5 but did every lap some big mistakes. its fine for me atm.