1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What's your normal pace?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SwaggyShaggy, Sep 14, 2018.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I did not know this is bragging tread now?

Question is
    What's your normal pace?

bgil66 likes this.
  2. J4yR3yn0ld5

J4yR3yn0ld5 Rookie

It was always going to devolve into a d**k measuring thread in the end.

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I am sorry, i thought it was a setup thread.

Correct one

Attached Files:

• fast.zip
      File size:
      752 bytes
      Views:
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

It is not even about settups.(attleast i think?)

But like questions says normal pace..so what is your lets say Average time when you do 5l hotstint? etc. but still people get confused

I already posted mine but i will coment again since i improved a bit :) My Avg now is low 1:55:1xx-6xx and that would be good race pace? :D

5. Now with a little more practice down to a best of 1.56.728 with mid 1.57's consistent pace.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I think that the best hotlap time you can achieve, the better "normal" pace you can extract.
    Personally i used to be around 1:56:5-1:57 but now with better setup and way more practice , i see my delta never going over 0.2-0.4 from my PB.
    I managed to γo below 1:55 so i can stay below 1:55:500 with ease.

7. Wouldn't 'normal pace' for most people be within a second or so of their best lap in each challenge? Or was the OP (and a select few very special extremely slow people) hoping that even though somebody can run a 55 in the second challenge would have a normal pace in the 59s for some reason?

8. fabT

fabT Alien

After some practice i got 1:55:5 on hotlap and i'm usually lapping within 0.5-0.7 secs from that.
    My average pace in the hotstint is low 1:56.
    Averaging 1:58 in the 35 min. night event, with a few mid 57s and low 59s.

Already 1,5 secs down from yesterday, but still i feel more a passenger than a driver so far.
    Really struggling to feel the car through FFB.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I wonder if there really are anyone who could hit megalap and then drift far away back.. Having a great lap to me feels like pushing boundaries thats how simracing is so epic, now I am starting to believe in high 1'53, and 1'55'0 is somehwat a normal pace, 1'55'5 is comfortable. Will start hitting 1'53, normal pace will probably be 1'54'5-1'55'0. But thats in Hotlap mode. In 35minutes stint 1'55'0 is fast lap, and 1'56'0 is something like average pace, then it drops about a second when it goes dark.

In rain I don't drive a lot for now, because i got attached to the ratings too much :/ how stupid is that... but in storm afaūik it is something like 2'05, or maybe thats in heavy rain, don't remember :D

In storm with SLICKS 3'03. There was a challenge which only few people took :/

P.S. without setup tweaking I feel like 1'55'3 is top for me, when for somebody it is low 1'54.

Deatroy likes this.
  10. Nesja

Nesja Racer

In the long hotsint I calculate my average time to be 1:56.833 with huge pace drop off in the night. That's with safe setup.
    In the short hotsint low 1:55 with safe setup and 20 l fuel.

Short hotsint video:

11. TDS

TDS Alien

. srry deleted.

12. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

just alot of people showing off there hot stint and hotlap times and not alot of people actualy race pace in non perfect condition's Wich should be nearer to 1:55-1:56 so hes probably just wondering what kind of race pace he can expect online (wich i ques is at the high lvl like 1:54's 1:55's at top pace? and 1:56's -1:58's at mid to back of the grid?) atleast what ive seen or expect so far

13. mms

mms Alien

Thanks again, I really like your setup, I think I should hire you as my engineer :D:D:D I can do now low 1:55 with it on hot-lap mode, might be able to crack the 1:54 if could nail all corners :p I think I'd need some blood transfusion to get any lower than that...

That being said, my average is around 3-4 tenths more but still in hot-lap mode (~ 1:55.6), unless I screw it up of course ;)

liakjim likes this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Race pace will always be relevant to hotlap pace, mostly add some time for less track grip and also cooling temps in the night. Then there is more fuel weight to carry and also your likely to leave a but more margin for error in a longer run.

The hot stint is a cool feature thats great to have as it can measure pure race pace without traffic. Add other cars especially AI atm the pace will drop considerably in traffic as you battle through the pack losing a bit of time.

For me in the 8 min hot stint I can lap within about .5 of my hotlap pace just depending on how hard I push. But 5 laps isnt so hard to put together laps close to your pb, if you bin it just have another go. ;)

The 35 minute hot stint would be around 1 to 1.5 seconds slower, I could push a bit harder but then Im more likely to bin it :D.

It will come down to consistancy in the end and I seem to be quite able to get into a rythm and match my delta very closely most laps.

The visibility at night I dont think effects me too much but it gets cooler so a bit down on grip. As the car starts heavier for me in this event fuel burn seems to match fairly close to temps dropping giving similar lap time potential for the full distance.

Deatroy likes this.
  15. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Like above said, the 35min Stint is the best way to test your own pace.
    I was usually between low 1:55-low 1:56. Couldnt press a 1:54 out of it.
    Its getting harder in the night to hit the perfect line, atleast for me. Need to be more aggressive to hold times.
    Tyres get slippery after lap 15 and with night they cooldown noticeable.
    Lap 19 was the longest stint so far.

16. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I'm still very slow, 1.58.1 hotlaps and 159.0 in the hotstint. I can see where the pace is but really need to put the practice in.

I realise how much I tinkered with my g29 brake settings on A.C. as having to stand on the thing to brake properly in ACC.

17. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

g29 brake pedal is so anoying to be consistent with ( i need to view my inputs just so i know how hard im braking)

18. chakko

chakko Alien

The brake pedal on the G29 is a joke. When i had it for a few days, i had to stand on the thing (with my 95 kilograms), to allow for 100% brake force... sent the thing back then. Ridiculous. If you want a good brake, try the Fanatec loadcell pedals (already the Elite ones). WAY better, and you can set the braking force just to your liking.

19. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

well i just set up my clutch pedal as my brake and im finaly running in the mid 1:55s in hotlap and a consistant mid 1:56 since i can actualy feel what im doing ( after some getting used to)

chakko likes this.
  20. esox71

esox71 Alien

You musta been doing summit really wrong or they were broken.