1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wheel and pedals upgrade advise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by shiftA, Sep 22, 2014.

1. shiftA

shiftA Racer

So I have a Logitech G27 with the GTeye spring brake mod. Although I'm happy enough with this setup I'm enjoying sim racing and Assetto Corsa in particular so much that I want to increase my immersion and hopefully lap times a little as well.

With a roughly $AU600.00 budget I'm down to either a Thrustmaster T300 RS GTE wheel about $AU500.00 delivered or Fanatec forsa motorsport CSR wheel with clubsport V2 pedals and a spare load cell for the pedals about $AU627.00 delivered.

From what I've read around the place seems like the Thrustmaster wheel has a lot to offer and I can apparently still use the G27 pedals and shifter with it. Can't decide which of the two options would best achieve my stated goals, immersion and improved lap times.

Wondered which of the two you guys might choose?

Cheers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Which wheel and pedals Oct 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheels and pedals Oct 10, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 wheel with Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals Nov 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controls Remain Locked after Driver Swap - Appears to Corrupt or Remove Controls for Wheel & Pedals Sep 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel / pedals not detected in ACC Sep 17, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions configuration of wheel when can t use pedals Jul 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel and pedals don't work Jul 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel and pedals not recognized Jun 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G920 no wheel no pedals Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech g920 no pedals and wheel Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Wheel and pedals wont map after 1.07. Aug 12, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [0.6.0 and part of 0.5.2] Strange wheel and pedals behaviour Mar 5, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can not assign pedals or wheel!! Sep 22, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TMX Wheel, Pedals inverted Sep 21, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC won't recognise pedals or wheel Sep 14, 2018

3. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

I have the forza wheel and clubsport V1's.

Personally i would see if you can get a set of second hand V1's and keep your G27. There are quite a few around now with people upgrading to V2's and i have been very happy with mine.

4. mms

mms Alien

Yup, Fanatec stared to send out emails for CSW v2 orders, so second-hand v1's should pop up everywhere :)

5. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Well I can give you a quick review of my CSR I've had for 9 months.. I've not used a G27 but from what I've read/seen you can expect the CSR (and probably the T300RS) to be a lot quieter than the G27 with no knocking noises.
    I've used it on AC, rF2, rF1, GTR2, GT5/6, RBR and it feels amazing but somewhat surprisingly the game it's licensed for (Forza 4) it feels rubbish to me. And I mean really bad, to the point of preferring to use a controller. Anyway, on all the PC ones and Gran Turismo it makes me wonder how crazy good the CSW must be.
    I also love the way the settings can be easily changed on the wheel without minimising the game and opening the driver settings window like with Thurstmaster and Logitech wheels.
    Compatibility with all 3 consoles is also a benefit but as I hate it on Forza I don't even use it on the 360.
    Another would be that it looks nice and the buttons all feel high quality, as well as the paddles which are great.

Downsides?
    I think a downside of the CSR is the shifter. I haven't actually used it to confirm this but the way it mounts to the wheel looks very unstable and the shifters just look really cheap. You can use your G27 shifter with it on the PC though with a USB converter.
    Another one would probably be the materials used. It has a toy-feeling plastic on the top and bottom corners, a rubberised plastic part which wears off very quickly and an alcantara part which also wears down quite quickly (wearing gloves helps apparently).

Having said all this I'm not sure if the upgrade warrants the price really. I'd definitely choose it over a G27 as a first buy but upgrading from G27 to CSR I'm not so sure.
    I really know nothing about the Thrustmaster but I've read up on the CSP V2s a lot and will be getting some eventually. They really do sound amazing.

6. Turk

Turk Alien

I got the shifter set when I got my CSR wheel and elite pedals, the shifter set is indeed a waste of money. It does the job but you have to be careful shifting as the standard mount to the wheel has a lot of play. I've noticed with myself and other people that we tend to pull the shifter as we're trying to change gear and it doesn't like that at all you have to be very gentle and precise with it or it won't go into gear.

I've ordered the CSR shifter and it should be here at the end of the month.

If you want to save some money the elite pedals from fanatec have some benefits over the clubsport, they have more adjustability and can be inverted, there's more plastic in the construction but it's still very solid.

The CSR wheel is great, it's very compact and I've had no issues with it.

7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Buy the clubsport pedals V2 and keep your G27 till you find out how much and on what you're going to invest in future gear.

8. shiftA

shiftA Racer

Thanks for the tips on finding a second hand set of V1 pedals guys I might do that and yes the shifters for the CSR I was never going to order. Sounds like the G27 to CSR might not be such a big step up but I like it's looks and it would eliminate the steering dead zone, I hope and knocking sounds from the G27.

The Thrustmaster T300 is very expensive but the more I read about it the more it seems to justify the price the tech is not that dissimilar to the CSW and it comes with a nice wheel.

I know I could save a hundred dollars by going with the elite pedals and I'll think about that some more but if anyone is interested the clubsport V2 pedals can be inverted

Just wish I could be sure how all this would translate into catching my cars tendencies, slides grip feel etc.

@Matty28 and Turk thanks for the info guys.

Matty28 likes this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

For this, you need minimal to zero latency (look in my sig), and/or a better wheel than G27 will help although not crucial, T500 or CSW being my recommendations. Probably the CSW V2 when it comes out.

10. shiftA

shiftA Racer

Think your right Tberg. I have the latency under control and after using Atle Dreier's great force feedback anti-clipping tool I noticed a definite improvement in feel and car feedback. This in fact got me wanting the best I could afford to improve it even further.

The Fanatec CSW V1 or V2 are out of my price range full stop so I'm thinking the Thrustmaster T300 which is more compact, quieter and apparently quicker than the T500 might be the way I will roll.

Thanks again.

11. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

I have a G27, i upgraded the H shifter to a Thrustmaster TH8RS and my pedals to the fanatec clubsport V2 pedals, they are awesome, with fanaleds they make braking more immersive and a lot more accurate, myself and one of my friends has exactly the same setup, we can both vouch for them.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  12. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I've been thinking upgrading my pedals as well. Currently I drive with stock G27 and it works, but it would be nice to have some kind of feeling in brake pedal. As far as I know, fanatec pedals are pretty much the only choice in that price range (200-250)?
    Also, I wonder how well those pedals grip to the floor because I don't have any kind of rig. I'm using office chair with those little wheels underneath. It keeps fairly well in place at the moment because G27 pedals don't require much force to use so would this upgrade also require getting a rig of some kind?

Building own rig would be the cheaper and probably better way, but proper racing seats already costs as much or more as full rigs.

13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

There are used racing seats on the market :)
    I swear, the electronic costs of my rig surpasses by far the rig itself.