1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wheel Stand Advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mike reynolds, Nov 16, 2019.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Have just ordered my son a Thrustmaster TMX wheel for his xmas present, my starter set up included a wheel stand pro which was a great wheel stand but I notice that e-bay is awash with cheap wheelstand options these days. Does anyone have any experience of these?

He's only 10, but plays F1 and Forza etc on his xbox so doesn't need to be great quality but want something that will fit together and wont fall apart! Any feedback welcome on these cheaper options

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions CSL DD compatible with Wheelstand Pro V2 Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does Heusinkveld pedal Pro/2 Pedal and Thrustmaster TS-PC works with Wheel Stand Pro? Jan 8, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about the "Next Level Racing Wheel Stand" Dec 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Wheel Stand user recommendations Jun 22, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Who uses a Wheelstand? Apr 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Understanding Wheel Settings Nov 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room What's the best wheel stand for cheap? May 30, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Wheel keep spinning when standing still + braking Aug 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Understand advanced steering wheel configuration Feb 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Omega gt wheel stand Nov 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Wheel stand advice Oct 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Wheelstand pro deluxe vs speedblack evo for g27 wheel Sep 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room For sale UK only Fanatec wheel stand Apr 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Wheel stand pro or wheel stand Omega gt pro ? Feb 16, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wheels of standing cars are turning Jan 19, 2014

3. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I have experience with 2 designs, similar to these two below (I am pretty sure stands of similar design are made by the same groups of manufacturer):
    First design with a pole in the center: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Sim...Pro-Cockpit-G29-for-Logitech-G25/233016111958
    Second design without: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Sim...tand-For-G27-G29-PS4-G920-T300RS/273668061116

My experience with them was with a G27. Both held up pretty well, but I have been very reasonable with them, and never tried throw my in-game frustration on them.

IMHO if your son is really destructive, I would pay more attention to the angle adjustment part of the stand because that in my experience is the weakest section - I did have to screw it really tight. Some stand has free angle adjustment, some has only a few holes to choose only a few angles. The latter would be slightly better IMO.

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

5. aaaape

aaaape Racer

I had that wheel stand pro copy when I had my tmx and it worked great until I upgraded to a stronger wheel. it couldn't handle the tspc racer but since He's only 10 your probably fine

mike reynolds likes this.
  6. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer