1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wheel Stand user recommendations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Derrellbiffle, Jun 22, 2018.

1. My older DIY setup has given up and I am looking for a sturdy wheel stand that works on a concrete floor with a g27. Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions CSL DD compatible with Wheelstand Pro V2 Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does Heusinkveld pedal Pro/2 Pedal and Thrustmaster TS-PC works with Wheel Stand Pro? Jan 8, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Wheel Stand Advice Nov 16, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about the "Next Level Racing Wheel Stand" Dec 17, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Who uses a Wheelstand? Apr 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Understanding Wheel Settings Nov 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room What's the best wheel stand for cheap? May 30, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Wheel keep spinning when standing still + braking Aug 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Understand advanced steering wheel configuration Feb 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Omega gt wheel stand Nov 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Wheel stand advice Oct 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Wheelstand pro deluxe vs speedblack evo for g27 wheel Sep 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room For sale UK only Fanatec wheel stand Apr 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Wheel stand pro or wheel stand Omega gt pro ? Feb 16, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wheels of standing cars are turning Jan 19, 2014

3. Turk

Turk Alien

How much do you want to spend?

4. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Wheelstand Pro is a good sturdy stand only issue is the the centre post but most of the time it doesn’t get in the way, had mine for about 10 years and had a G25/27 and thrustmaster TX on it.
    http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

I like the look of these stands but never used them as I like the fact it has no centre post and gear shifter is in a more natural position,these weren’t around when I picked up the wheelstandpro so I didn’t have the option and would be leaning towards these ones but check out some reviews first.

https://www.nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand/

https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-steering-wheel-stand

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  5. I was thinking 2-$300 but I would spend more if its justifiable.

6. Turk

Turk Alien

I got the GT omega pro cockpit made by the same people that do the wheel stand in boabmatics link. It's $350 not incl. shipping.

It's pretty good, it's a full rig so includes a seat, a big improvement from clamping the wheel to a desk and pulling the armchair up that's for sure. But it is a budget full rig, so that would give you some idea of costs.

Good rigs can cost €500+

Do you need a full rig including a seat? Are you handy with a bit of DIY? You can cut costs by sourcing seats 2nd hand, you can also buy the bits and bobs from the expensive aluminium extrusion kits and just make them yourself, extrusion can still be expensive though.

https://sim-lab.eu/product/sim-racing-rig-gt1/

7. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I used to have a (cheap, <£50) stand with a center post and it was not good to have a post between my legs, really annoying for me.
    Upgraded to the GT Omega Pro which is imo pretty good value and improved the experience no end compared to a stand.

8. Typer

Typer Simracer

That’s what I’m currently rocking with my trusty, old G27. Been very happy with it, the centre pole hasn’t really ever bothered me, YMMV.