1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When do you guys change tyres in a race?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by smaxxx, Jun 22, 2019.

1. smaxxx

smaxxx Gamer

Title says everything. I did a 120min race yesterday but I had no idea when to change tyres. Does the engineer say something or can you see it somewhere? I used like 5 tyre sets then... :D //edit: idk how to delete the thread on mobile, just ignore it because i found the tyre management thread

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Come on guys, this privileges stuff is ridiculous! Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars *Fixed* Donington Park, Glowing Guys *Fixed* Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer You guys know the US competition servers are broken right? Nov 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions each day fewer people on the servers the guys abandoned the acc on the console Aug 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ok...so you guys did it. What's next? Jul 10, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Racist guys in open lobby Jun 30, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Seriously guys May 29, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Need Your Help Guys - AussieStig May 18, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Hi guys join my discord for my new ACC server(Tels GT racing server) May 14, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality For all you Vr guys struggling with fps, try this out: Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality For the 2080ti with valve index guys... Dec 26, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality what do you guys is best to raise?!? Nov 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys! Jul 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Monza twitch stream... holy cow... you guys just raised the bar Apr 13, 2019

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Change them when you pit for fuel. In a 2 hour race, only 1 pitstop is needed, so you only change to new tyres 1 time. Not sure if double-stinting tyres is beneficial in this game (that would mean you don't change tyres during the 2 hour race at all).

This might change if there's dynamic weather or you've sustained severe damage.

4. aaaape

aaaape Racer

During pit window in Sprint races and at the end of each drivers stint in endurance races. don't think double stinting tires is a thing in blancpain due to their rules. Otherwise yeah an unscheduled stop for weather or damage. They only time you pit and not change tires would be if you need more fuel due to miscalculation like me ;)

5. From what I can tell, the Tire Model in ACC is incredible. Yesterday in a 90 min League race, I had an incident or two including high-speed spin. After that, car was terrible - - oversteer every time I entered a mid or high speed corner. I came in to pit to change tires... but, I had a problem with my button bindings and could not select the Tire Change check box... I fumbled in the pits for probably 4+ min. Finally just left.

Tires had cooled and on the following laps were "good enough" (no more corner entry oversteer). I believe the Tires just needed to be relaxed a bit and then came good again. All this being said, these Blancpain GT3 tires last a long time. So, you don't have to change them at all, unless you severely abuse them (or if it's a league/race rule).

FYI... I did come in for ANOTHER pit stop and changed tires (req'd in league rules, in case anyone from MrGit league is reading :)). At this point, car was flying... did my best lap on 2nd to last of race.

6. XFaded

XFaded Rookie

Tires can easily perform well enough in a 90 minutes race while 2 hours might start to be a bit rough around the last 20 minutes or so. A no tire pitstop is about 20 seconds shorter than a tire/fuel stop which is fairly significant. It always depends on the context. If you feel like your tires are losing you significant pace after a certain time it will become worth to change the tire in your pit. If the race ends in 20 minutes and the tires are reasonably worn it might not be worth it. If your lead is large enoug hyou can take the hit and have fresh tires etc. There's plenty different scenarios. 90 minutes on Monza is certainly not the same as 90 minutes on Hungaroring.

7. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Tyre strategy seems boring. Only 1 compound, not accelerated wear options so for 98% of races that are <1.5h there is no "tyre strategy" (as long as it doesn't rain...).