1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Where is the XBOX One footage?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by BiggNasty187, Jul 18, 2016.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Then why can I see this lack of smoothness in the video? There's tons of 30 FPS gaming uploads of YT that look super smooth. Game runs 60 FPS under which conditions?!? Always?!? Who says this is a fact?

You seem a bit easily butthurt with things, maybe get some rest. It's just a game.

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Forza has far less complicated physics though. Not all system resources are used by the graphics engine. And comparison to any non-60fps game is pointless anyway (not saying Forza isn't one, I really don't know)

Edit, seems to be 60 fps: http://wccftech.com/turn-10-studios...p-60fps-24-cars-on-track-with-night-with-wet/

Anyway, in terms of physics it's not in the same league. And Assetto Corsa the AI cars use full physics instead of simplified physics (like some other titles).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    RoccoTTS likes this.
  3. It always works in 60 fps. And do not drop frames

4. For the physics responsible CPU.

If you take only the graphics, it looks very good on the console, post effects, reflections, and it's 24 machines, night and day. At 60 fps.

5. Forza 6 runs at 60fps 99% of the time with 24 cars on track and at 1080p. I did say assetto corsa will likely run at 900p@60fps and seems I was right.

We also shouldn't compare forza to assetto corsa either as assetto corsa is a full on sim and kunos has a tiny team compared to turn 10 studios who are also a first party developer with a huge budget

6. I would like to Assetto Corsa was not only a competitor in physics, but also on the graphics. I love it on the PC, a very pretty picture. And I hope that on the Xbox will not be worse

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well I'm no programmer. But for the 24 cars, running that many AI cars smoothly in Assetto Corsa PC version requires a fast high-end CPU. Because of full physics

There is some Xbox version footage:

It's lacking Day 1 patch which will fix several things. I don't know what exactly.

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  8. The Xbox version will look worse than pc version though that's due to the power difference, if you want the best visuals and fps pc is the only way to go.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. I know, but Xbox is more powerful processor than the PS4, but worse graphics. I read an interview by a developer, and it said that the version for Xbox is working well, and nebylo problems with porting.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Convinced, thank you. Well you better don't expect this from AC :( The physics are a lot more complex and so the CPU will bottleneck the GPU more easily. All AI cars in AC run full physics, there's nothing dumbed down for AI like in most other titles.

Also, Turn 10 is THE racing game studio for the XBOX with massive manpower and budget...they have a huge headstart so maybe not a fair benchmark for 3rd party devs.

The good thing is: Kunos will not let the console version down and leave after the first couple of patches. They will optimize AC further on the consoles.

RoccoTTS likes this.
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Indeed. I have owned the PC version since 2014 and version 1.0. It's now coming to 1.8 and each update has been massive. It's not small bug fixing, it's adding completely new features every time. It's nowhere near same game anymore, and they don't show signs of stopping. Porsche is only coming, this game will get new features and development for a long time. And all the features, tracks and cars will come to consoles too. For 2016 alone there will be one major DLC track (which is rumoured to be laserscanned Laguna Seca), Silverstone historic (free content), 24 Porsches (mostly paid DLC, but 3 of them will be free content). And 10+ other cars for beginning of 2017 in development...

AC is constantly evolving. Also on consoles, although console updates need to go through certifications unlike Steam updates, so new features will come with a delay.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    LeDude83 likes this.
  12. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

So now it is confirmed as to why we never got a look at the Xbox one version.

Maybe we should start a petition to get the day one patch to downgrade the game to 900p so we can enjoy 60fps rather than 40fps, which seems to be the case!!!

Johnnyjoejones likes this.
  13. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

where is this confirmed?

14. hotak

hotak Rookie

on the car PS4 got:
    -better AO
    -better shadow
    -MUCH BETTER reflections, xbone one doesn't reflect anything of the trackside

on the track i only see a little AO difference in the distance, but the quality is pretty much the same.
    I hope they manage to get some better reflections on XBone, because right now it looks quite bad even adding an emap with some threes may make the reflection a bit better

15. the xbox version already runs at 900p

16. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

I honestly hope you are looking at the same gameplay preview videos I am.

From what I've seen, the framerate is... GARBAGE on XB1. Don't get me wrong, I've been an XBOX racer since beta testing Xbox Live with Moto GP back in summer of 2002!

I think that I speak for many when I say that the most important thing outside of the physics, is the framerate.

If you prioritize that in any other way, your probably not fast enough anyway to see my point.

Framerate, framerate, FRAMERATE!!!!

Ask anyone who sim races at vsync 144Hz and they will tell you that its almost like cheating.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS GAME HAS TO DO THAT!

But at least make necessary compromises to hit 90% or higher of 60FPS!

I'm seriously planning on selling my Xbox to build a mild gaming PC to tide me over till Scorpio hits next year.

Am I spoiled for just wanting a smooth running sim on my console of choice? I'll admit, I'd eat dirt before buying a PS4, I've got M$ in my blood.

But damn, this is demoralizing, draining, and painful all at once.

You heartless bastards who own a PS4 or on PC and don't have to deal with the leftover XB1 version SURELY can understand my frustration that stem from pure passion for XBOX sim racing.

17. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Just calm down dude and wait until the game release on 26th and the day 1 patch. You really need to chill a bit.

18. from the videos i have saw the ps4 version also struggles to maintain 60fps, it looked to have screen tearing too. also the early videos did not have the day one patch

TXC_IJOJOI likes this.
  19. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

So what is this magic day one patch going to do? This looks more and more like project cars launch. Good on PC, garbage on console.
    And while is much better now, many don't have the patience to wait and see if the game will improve.

20. until the game actually launches we dont know we are talking about a game thats not out yet

dermonty likes this.