1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which Graphics Card?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ChrisR, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

My 980Ti went down the other day and i am in the process of a warranty claim, they have said that it's highly likely that i will get a refund.. so with that in mind i have set to and looked at some better cards...

so, what cards are the best out there? im currently looking at the Asus Strix 1080Ti 11GB ROG Poseidon edition..

anything faster?

cheers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error - Problem with AMD Graphics Card? - Solved May 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS is low with new Graphicscard RTX 3080 Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Appropriate graphics card? Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR and Monitor at same time Effect on Graphics Card Oct 31, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality New graphics card, but which? Jul 22, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Graphics Card Jan 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Suggestions about new Graphics Card Apr 28, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Anyone using "Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming" or "Zotac Amp" graphics card ? Oct 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Graphics Card Upgrade Advice? May 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Advice on new graphics card Jun 11, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Graphics card(s) & monitor decisions Feb 19, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ac wont use graphics card Jan 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Does this graphics card work well with assetto corsa Aug 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Recommended graphics card for triple screen Aug 4, 2014

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Faster than 1080Ti, sure :)
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/8/16750326/nvidia-titan-v-announced-specs-price-release-date

Or wait a couple of months for more consumer pocket friendly Volta.

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

ASUS ROG cards are very well made but generally overpriced and are generally not clocked very high by default as they are meant to be overclocked by the user. That Poseidon card is built to be watercooler so unless you plan to do that it will be a waste. I like the Gigabyte Aurus Extreme card. One of the highest factory overclocks and very quiet. The non extreme version is the same really with a slightly lower clock speed, it’s the card I run and it’s awesome

Guido Trampe likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I personally stick with EVGA for build quality, features, and support.
    Pascal likes it cold due to aggressive temperature based clock control (downclocking)
    Check out some water cooling or go for hybrid AIO cooler, this is what I am currently use.
    https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6698-KR

6. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I own two 1080 ti's. The Asus Strix OC edition and a EVGA black series. There's no way the EVGA can match the Asus. Maybe a FTW3. I can get the Asus to consistently stay at 2025 Mhz for core clock. The EVGA would throttle max to 1925...any higher it would crash(bad silicon lottery?). Asus is also very quiet . I bought my Asus for $700 USD and my EVGA for $719. I hear that the Asus retails for $800-900. If price is not an issue you might just want to get a reference and water cool. You should be able to get better performance by putting a water block. The Asus does consume 30 watts more of power. The Asus is massive. Tall and wide.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Silicon lottery, exactly, little to do with the brand.
    My FTW3 is not the best overclocker, 2050 is my everyday stable OC, but it boost to 2000 even on stock clock during load.
    ASUS is a reliable brand too. I would probably stay away from MSI, not sure about Gygabyte. If money allows, always recommend top of the line EVGA.

8. konnos

konnos Simracer

huh? Why stay away from MSI? Especially the X Trio and the FTW3 are supposed to be top notch according to reviewers.

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

From what i jave seen the zotac is the fastest card on the market, it also comes with a 5year guarantee..

But when i spoke to my local store he said either get asus or evga, stay away from the others as they have more returns for gpu’s than asus or evga.

When i checked them out asus was the fastest.

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Keep in mind that “the fastest” is a bit redundant when it comes to 1080Ti cards, they are all crazy fast. Noise and warranty is a good consideration. In Australia the price difference can be up to $300 or so (26-27%) between 1080Ti cards but the performance difference on any benchmark is never over about 3% between the basic overclocked 1080Ti and the most hardcore factory card. Unless you really plan to custom overclock and use all the sensors and and other stuff on those cards you have to ask if it’s worth it?

11. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Why only EVGA? Is there something magical about their cards that no other manufacturer has ever figured out?

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I just got off the phone with them and they have decided to repair my 980ti..

Damn! Lol no cheap upgrade for me! Lol

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Build quality, reliability, innovative designs, features, impeccable support. Aren't they are also the most expensive brand, mostly due to the components selection.
    Never had any issues with GPUs since I've switched to EVGA, and I've been through 3 gens of them already. Prefer ASUS for Motherboards though. May be one day I'll try their GPU, may be they are just as good, but as with everything we are usually loyal to the brand that works for us.
    Didn't mean to start brands war, I am sure there are plenty of happy owners of MSI, Gygabyte, and others second tier GPU manufacturers.

14. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I burn an evga 780 gtx last year, it was finaly a good news because they refund me almost the price of the 1070 i bought to replace it.
    The 3 year warranty is for me very interesting.

colombianomd likes this.
  15. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

It depends what components they actively cool and even within their the respective brands... some models have different coolers. EVGA had issues with not having thermal pads on some components which seem ok during gaming but not benchmarking. They since went overboard and put pads on almost everything. https://www.pcworld.com/article/313...with-faster-fan-speeds-free-thermal-pads.html

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I actually looked at EVGA 1080Ti’s as they were well priced to get it online but didn’t like that they were all dual slot only instead of 2.5 slots. After reading the reviews all said that they made compromises to make them dual slot and if you needed them for space reasons then that’s the card to get but if not to look elsewhere. Hence the gigabyte card

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Faster than Asus Strix 1080Ti? Asus Strix 1080Ti - OC.

The charm in it is that its not just faster, but its cooling is optimised. When I researched cards for my system, the OC version, although faster, stays colder than the default (non-OC) card.

But expensive as sin.

colombianomd likes this.
  18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Hehe. On my home planet, the 1080Ti (damn, even the 1080!) is already more expensive than any sins I can afford :D

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

The poseiden is oc :)