1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which graphics settings are most demanding?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Dec 20, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do anyone know about things like this? Im aware that reflections kill performance but could anyone try to rate them from low impact to high?

display:
    anisotropic filtering -
    anti-aliasing samples -
    world detail -
    shadow resolution -
    smoke generation -
    show smoke in mirrors -

post processing effects:
    overall effect quality -
    glare quality -
    depth of field quality -
    motion blur -
    crepuscular rays -
    hear shimmering effects -
    fast approximate anti-aliasing -

reflections:
    mirror resolution -
    high quality mirror reflection -
    reflection quality -
    reflection rendering frequency -

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars In-game graphics settings vs replay? Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Load different graphics settings at startup May 22, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Need help with graphics settings !! Mar 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine crashing when entering video/graphics settings Nov 29, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Guide to Graphics Settings and Performance in ACC Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphics settings file Oct 23, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Launch Option graphics settings Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars What graphics settings? help May 30, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Please implement separate graphics/video settings for VR and non-VR Mar 6, 2019
    ACC User Interface Additional graphics settings to squeeze out more fps beyond v6 Mar 6, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Advanced graphics settings explanation? Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Graphics settings GTX970 Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting some graphics settings do not save Nov 21, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality VR graphics settings Oct 24, 2018
    ACC Hardware Discussions Little trick how you might get more FPS (no graphics settings changed) Oct 13, 2018

3. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

smoke generation -
    fast approximate anti-aliasing -
    reflection quality -
    reflection rendering frequency -

np.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you mean that these settings are easy on the GPU? :)

5. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Nope, Ive meant that these settings are the most demanding. But I am not able to make a full ranking right now.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Okay, I see. Thanks!

7. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Depending on time of day shadows is a fps killer, at 12:00 not so much... approaching either extreme, it gets hungry :cool:

Other than that everything reflection.

8. dESK0

dESK0 Racer

FXAA isn't fps eater, at least on nvidia cards.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

It is not that easy as some settings need to be higher to gain a more stable game. For example if I put reflections on low then I get a less stable game than if I push them to high. nVidia cards have some weird quirky behaviour.

10. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

It was eating about 20 fps some time ago.

BUt tbh guys, with a pcs is like with a children. All of them are different.

11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

What do you meam by "stable game"? How is it less stable with Reflection on low, I have not noticed anything myself when lowering it, beside the obvious changes in the render of the reflection.

12. Horus

Horus Alien

Rips and stutter seem to go away, it seems that on a lower setting the game is falling over itself. I have found this with games that run at a lower full screen res than default with nVidia cards. They seem to prefer being pushed than ticking over.

edit: There was a thread about it a while ago, but I cannot be assed to look through a godzillion pages to find it. ;)

13. mtlclutch

mtlclutch Gamer

Different frametimes will change screen tearing. There are sweetspots where they will be less apparent. I think your monitor plays a large part in this but im probably wrong :D

14. Horus

Horus Alien

As with all these things computers are funny critters, something works on one and breaks another. The entertainment to be had when frolicking around in settings. :D

15. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

That´s exactly my experience

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

In this order for me:
    smoke generation
    reflection rendering frequency
    shadows