1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which open wheeler: Lotus Exos or Formula Abarth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I have become fond of the FAbarth but I wonder if the Lotus will now be the more popular choice for those wanting to drive open-wheelers. It is faster and sexier, I guess. What do you think?

maeckie likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Basic questions re. open wheelers (Lotus Exos 125) Jan 25, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Why can't I get on with some open wheelers? Sep 4, 2017
    Suggestions AC Openwheeler with red pack features Jul 16, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues open wheelers driver view Jul 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Open wheelers - show them some love? Jan 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Open Wheelers getting stuck and faulty automatic shifting in Exige S Roadster Feb 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Do You Want More Road Cars or Open Wheelers? Dec 25, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is it possible to use OpenXr or Open composite in ACC with a Quest 3? Nov 18, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 3 --> No OpenXR Tookit? Nov 15, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game won't open! Sep 21, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds not opening Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa only rendering with OpenVR as a setting Jun 12, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Image quality after initial install (openxr/open composite) Apr 20, 2023

3. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

It depends. I like almost all kind of openwheelers. Each of them represents a different challenge. I definitelly will enjoy the Exos, but for sure will be back and drive the Abarth. Still I think would be nice to have a lower formula car, like a Skip Barber or trainer.

maeckie likes this.
  4. more power is always better :D

5. Ales Nocar

Ales Nocar Hardcore Simmer

FAbarth is a baby. :)

6. maeckie

maeckie Gamer

for us non-pro´s and online racing, yes. lower power is always better.

the young speed addicts might disagree, cause they lack the experience ;)

OffAgain and f_deutsch like this.
  7. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Isn't this the purpose of the F abarth? To train racers before going into higher tiers?

8. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

At some point. The Abarth is a proper race car, on the range of a F3 I think. Still a difficult car to be competitive for novices. That is why I think a trainer car would be a good addition. Also, for online events, that type of cars usually provides fun races.

maeckie likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The FA only has a 1.4 turbo 160(?..)bhp engine. It's similar to a Formula Renault so less powerful than Formula 3, Formula 3 is 2 litre 200bhp.

Like Formula Renault it's intended as entry level, the next step after Karts I think. Formula Ford seems to be being skipped by the rising stars these days.

10. Temeter

Temeter Gamer

Formula Abarth is one of the Sub-Formula 5-Classes, it's really aimed at karting graduates.

Both the Lotus and Abarth have their unique feeling. The Lotus is far more stressful and susceptible for driving mistakes.

11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

To me the faster/more powerful one is more of a challenge. This counts for any sim or real life car (the latter not being a fat pig with 700BHP ) But maybe it's just me.

Cheers
    Robin

12. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I understand, but I don't lack the experience(trackdays, driftdays for over 10 years now in 300-400BHP cars) , but I always choose the better one which is 9 out of 10 times the more powerful /faster one. If you first try the more powerful one for some time , the slower one is more driveable as well. Think about that. :D

Edit: BUT I fell in love with the lower powered than normal Macca GT3 because of it's manners and superb handling vs the streetversion. So sometimes principles just change.

In simracing choosing the Macca GT 3 over the 458 S3 is another story: No.

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  13. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

OW? Lotus 49...

14. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

When it comes to racing the things multiplayer, I agree 100%. Getting a more competitive, safe, and just generally, er, racey race between normal drivers is always easier in slower kit.

Or, to put it in terms of the FAbarth and the new Lotus, I prefer driving the Lotus (so far, that feels like one heck of a well implemented car!), but I'd much, much, much rather race in a FAbarth.

15. League racing or hot lapping = T125
    Public server racing = Tatuus FA

16. Just wanted to say, Shinobu is awesome, 'nuff said.

Desteban and おしの しのぶ like this.