1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which simulation you have until now preferred

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Xenix, Feb 16, 2014.

?

Which simulation you have until now preferred

1. Live for Speed

22.0%
  2. Richard Burn Rally

18.8%
  3. Rfactor2

18.8%
  4. GTR

4.9%
  5. GTR2

26.9%
  6. GTL

7.6%
  7. IRacing

22.9%
  8. netKar Pro

23.8%
  9. Nascar Racing 2003

3.1%
  10. Grand Prix Legends

9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Simple Question, serious decision;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    ACC User Interface Simulation is not only the physics!!! Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Tools Simulation Control Center incl. Voice Control for ACC Pitstop MFD Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Blog ACC v1.6 Improved simulation of downforce at yaw angles Nov 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC physics and depth of simulation discussion Aug 2, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Open Source sim rigs based on SimCraft motion simulation Jun 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions New to the game of racing simulation Aug 4, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Indy 500 Simulation? May 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Real Life Simulation Q sessions Apr 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions A discussion about simulation accuracy Sep 26, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Simulation Value. What it does? Aug 9, 2018
    Screens & Videos Triple screen (5760 x 1080) or Single screen (also on 5760 x 1080) simulation on 1 monitor questions Mar 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is brake temperature simulation still coming? Oct 26, 2017
    Console Lounge Better breaks simulation Jul 24, 2017

3. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

netkar pro

Xreasonz, paulieGTR and Xenix like this.
  4. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

I chose LFS, though I spent so much more time with RBR.
    The physics on both were incredible.

5. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Yes my choice is Lfs too, I would defend with my "virtual racing life" Roberts Scawen :eek::rolleyes::D

Kristaps likes this.
  6. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Choose multiple answers no.?? ;):)

I've not voted but if i had to choose:

RBR... for being the best rally sim ever created.

GPL... (which is missing.!! :confused: and how could anyone into sim racing not know about, or not mention GPL is beyong me)
    for isleofman, dundrod and so many more great tracks. :)
    It's the cardinal sin Xenix. :eek:

SimBin... for options/allowing me to use all my sim gear.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    Robin_NL, rge75 and Xenix like this.
  7. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

its too easy with multiple answers :p

i would click all :D

paulieGTR likes this.
  8. I would have prolly said rF2, but since you do not have rFactor 2 there, only two rFactors (typo I suspect)... I voted for RBR which, I must say for a rally fan as myself, goes very high in all time sim ranking.
    If I cheat a little and throw in my top three, that would be (in no particular order); rF2, AC, RBR... fourth would deffinetly be GSC2013... :oops:

paulieGTR likes this.
  9. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

only 10 selection are allows, sry. (l love Rf2 & many others too ;) )

10. Herkmartia

Herkmartia Rookie

I choice GSC 2013 , AC less track without multiplayer for now , IR hard to drive with friends so i preferred GSC .
    great physics, plentiful tracks, not too bad graphic, dogfighter. that is all i need

11. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Its true! Maybe we need two threads with 10 other simulations and then compare o_O But i dont want to spam :rolleyes:

12. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

wow i see i make a mistake rfactor is 2 times in the list.:oops:

Cant change it anymore :mad: damm :confused:.

Please Devs correct the second Rfactor to Rfactor2 plz ;)

13. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hehehe... change/delete rFactor and put GPL instead.!!
    'cos up till now, no-one's voted for it. :p:D

14. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

I try it but it is probably only time limited possible. :oops:
    I cant find an option

15. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

hehe the DEVS change it :D
    THX !!!

paulieGTR likes this.
  16. Bkim

Bkim Racer

GTR2...the good old times

panosdimp, Shaddix and paulieGTR like this.
  17. Predator

Predator Gamer

Loved lfs and gtr2 had a lot of fun competing with a lot of good drivers on both rbr for my rally fix

18. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

lol... great minds think alike. :cool::p:D

ok, now i vote. :p

Xenix likes this.
  19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

There have been 3 sims which changed my 'life' so to speak, thus becoming a better trackdriver in real life as well: Grand Prix Legends, Richard Burns(and the RSRBR stuff as well) and LFS.

LFS is good for practising drifting and stuff(imo a good tyremodel too) , with some mods making the LX6 with slicks , a tad lighter and >300BHP a real Caterham 500/600 lookalike:)

iRacing just doesn't have good enough physics for me:
    NTM whatever, the grip/sliptransition /physics and i.e almost coming to a standstill , but still rotating on slick is just too bad and very annoying, also the grass feels like it's slickier than ice or any stuff found on this planet in real life. :(

I voted RBR, the feel/physics still is fantastic(nuevas fysicas mod is great too). But now I don't play them anymore, addicted to AC.

Cheers
    Robin

Kristaps, paulieGTR and Xenix like this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Gamer

LFS, RBR, NKP.

Kristaps, Xenix and paulieGTR like this.
  21. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

There is a saying in sim-land: More difficult doesn't always mean more realistic.

iRacing devs and even GPL guys(almost the same background) and other sim devs need to keep that in mind.

People who are tracking/drifting whatever their cars on circuits surely know about that. So do I.
    Two of my friends (also both into AC ) are rather good race/trackdaydrivers in real life(understatement) and say the same quote...

Cheers
    Robin

Kristaps and Xenix like this.