1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic WHL #161 The Orange Box

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by moodyryder, Jan 11, 2020.

1. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

Didin't change much.Just adjusted psi and messed around with gears.Still struggling with oversteer and serious over rotation which is where i'm loosing time but i cannot seem to tame it down.Maybe it's my technique or i don't fully understand setups.Good fun though.

IMG_0942.JPG

2. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Biner
    2:21.134
    PC
    IMG_0838.JPG
    @365gt - I hear ya! I finally mastered going through Eau Rouge flat out - hardly moving the steering wheel...it is super sensitive. I am struggling with all the lower speed turns as you are...overwhelmed by the incredible grip, then too much steering input leading to overrotation/catch the back end and there goes the lap. This car has always been an enigma for me.

3. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Biner
    2:20.313
    PC
    IMG_0839.JPG

Improvement of .8 sec due to pure setup change. Went to @Pretend racer setup and did two hotlaps at this pace. Thx!!

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Sissydriver
    pc

2 20 135 161.jpg

first laps were a nightmare :eek:
    than used @Pretend racer a big thank you!!! his setup :):)
    on click more aero and some other little different values, dunno exactly any more.... :rolleyes:
    and now this car is very forgiving and its awesome at spa. really awesome, what a track - phew.... :confused:;):)

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

moodyryder
    Ps4

20200115_213000.jpg

6. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ddsmak
    PC
    Thanks to @Pretend racer for his setup.
    20200115172056_1-1.jpg

gamma500, Neilski, Biner and 5 others like this.
  7. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-1-16_3-20-38.png
    After an evening function and well past bedtime, still managed to polish the t*rd!:D

gamma500, Neilski, Biner and 5 others like this.
  8. moodyryder

Wise old Irishman said to me once:

"You can't polish a turd kid but you can roll it in glitter."

Nice time.

9. moodyryder

Thursday Jan 16 2020 0720 UK

1. 2:17.412 pretend racer PC
    2. 2:17.747 LeiF PC
    3. 2:18.682 F1415182235 xb1
    4. 2:19.607 Totall Wrytoff ps4
    5. 2:20.135 sissydriver PC
    6. 2:20.313 Biner PC
    7. 2:20.602 ddsmak PC
    8. 2:20.783 moodyryder ps4
    9. 2:21.761 365gt ps4
    10. 2:23.352 Laughing Gravy PS4

10. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Biner-I'm probably at 95% through Eau Rouge. I'll try less steering input etc,cheers.

Next session i need to through @Pretend racer's set up properly as everyone is having excellent results.

ddsmak, gamma500 and Biner like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@365gt - before yesterday i was stuck at ~2.25 :oops:
    eau rouge no chance to go flat. o_O
    haven't analyzed the setup changes but now eau rouge is no problem - with cold tyres! :cool:
    flat out - what a feeling - yippie! ;)
    overall important is the smooth wheel steering - smooth is the key. :)
    my lap was full of mistakes :rolleyes:
    -2.19 / 2.18 is possible with this setup without being an alien driver. :)
    but spa is so challenging, one perfect lap here? thats my dream :p

2.20 is a dream for me too - dunno if i can improve, when not, its okay :D

12. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Biner
    2:19.442
    PC
    IMG_0842.JPG
    Objective achieved...approx 2secs behind the aliens! So I tweaked the now famous @Pretend racer 's setup a bit with slightly lower 6th gear, a bit less TC (bigger number), add Front Splitter, a bit more rear ARB (improved Eau Rouge stability and picked up time in the tighter corners like Les Combes etc). The car near turns itself thru Eau Rouge and last fast sweeper before the chicane...steering input so subtle then just wait for the car and it blends into the corners at speed beautifully. 2nd lap is the quick one. Good luck guys!

13. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

@sissydriver @Biner- Finally flat out at Eau Rouge,does feel sweet when you nail it:D
    Thanks again to @Pretend racer,you deserve a medal;)
    I just need to tweak a few things but not sure what yet.I know there is more time to be had if i get a perfect lap.Well chuffed with my latest effort though.
    Just goes to show that we all have the skill but good setup is key(obviously).I really need to look into setups a bit more.
    @sissydriver -Tomorrow you'll be in the 19's;)

IMG_0943.JPG

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Yeah. Very good times. :):)

365gt and gamma500 like this.
  15. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Great job on all the improvements guys! Just to be clear though I did not make that setup. I just happened to try it, it was one of many available tunes on the Setup Market app for this combo. Leejaeyoon knows how to make a very nice tune, and I grabbed it. There is no way I could have tuned that car by myself!

I agree that shortening 6th gear is a good idea. Everyone probably needs to adjust it slightly to suit their driving style. But if you start with a good base tune its easy to tweak it once you figure out what adjustments you can make you go faster.

A good tune can be worth 2-3 seconds per lap on some tracks so it certainly worth it to invest the time in a good setup. For me though, it becomes a game of diminishing returns pretty quickly. I don't know enough to tune a car from scratch unless it only has a few adjustments like streetcars. Racecars are way too complicated for me to try to sort out. So I end spending way too much time testing and not enough time racing lol. I'd rather race a slow car than hotlap a fast car.

That's why I love the setup market - get a few tunes, try them out, adjust a little bit, then race!

16. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Alexis_RS_MKII
    PC

650S_spa.png

17. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ddsmak
    PC
    20200116185026_1-1.jpg

18. moodyryder

Friday Jan 17 2020 0730UK

1. 2:17.412 pretend racer PC
    2. 2:17.747 LeiF PC
    3. 2:18.682 F1415182235 xb1
    4. 2:19.442 Biner PC
    5. 2:19.607 Totall Wrytoff ps4
    6. 2:19.898 365gtps4
    7. 2:20.135 sissydriver PC
    8. 2:20.386 ddsmak PC
    9. 2:20.783 moodyryder ps4
    10. 2:21.944 Alexis_RS_MkII PC
    11. 2:23.352 Laughing Gravy PS4

PR still up top and some big improvements in the pack. Well played.

Weekend to come for any last minute lunges. I'll have to give it one more go to try and get under 140s.
    ----

For anyone on psn.

I'll open a lobby this evening at 20.00 UK time using this car/track combinaton. (If the servers are still up; I haven't looked for ages!) Private lobby practice session. The password will be "Hugo" (sorry HC:))

Any time set in the session would be invalid here though. Tactical slipstreaming and all.

If anyone wants to join they are welcome. If not, well, I can go round on my own like a normal hotlap session. I won't be playing any whitesnake though I can assure you. Shudder.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  19. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Nothing wrong with a good bit of Whitesnake:pIf i'm awake i'll see you later on psn:)

Neilski, gamma500 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  20. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

Not much but it all helps.Kinda hit a wall at the moment.

IMG_0944.JPG