1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic WHL 173: Ferris Wrytoff's Day Off

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by moodyryder, Apr 4, 2020.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

That is indeed radical :D Have not tried more extreme settings yet, but will keep that in mind ;)
    Turn 1 and 2 are surely very difficult to master on this track and similar to the Audi the nose dive is really noticeable during braking, so it is somewhat difficult to find the right timing when to release the brake padle in order to allow it to turn in.

2. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

@GoodGame.eXistenZ ive recently noticed the nose dive under hard braking is a very critical variable with street cars, presumably race cars as well, although more difficult to detect due to suspension stiffness. If I'm not releasing the brakes soon enough, the car isnt turning in because the body has no suspension travel to roll/set for the given turn. The point of brake release in sims is the most difficult for me to learn because of not feeling g-forces or the feel of real speed. I wouldn't suggest my settings to anyone, they are typically very unorthodox! Haha

3. Improvement
    William Nortje
    1:50:587
    PC
    20200410201900_1.jpg
    improving a tenth at a time - preempting @365gt coming back strong ;) I put toe in more on the front - 8 - loses turn in but was trying to balance the car to see if it would help with the no TC spins. I'm going to revisit that now ...

4. GoodGame.eXistenZ

@DriverModFTW It is. You can really feel that under full braking the car will understeer like hell. So taking off 20-30 % brake power will really benefit turn in. The Lotus Exige 240 S3 bevaves similar although much stiffer, so yeah give it a small strong push on the brake pedal and then try to release it in small doses as soon as possible.

@William Nortje
    Jeez you really are on a roll. Great to see you improving step by step:)

5. Improvement
    William Nortje
    1:50:328
    PC
    20200411003056_1.jpg
    Another few tenths - still have a few spots I know can be better - so maybe a chance to go sub 1:50. @GoodGame.eXistenZ thanks the advice - and videos - are very helpful :)

6. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Mustang 500
    XB1
    IMG_1613.JPG
    I have not raced at this track that often but I have raced the Supra and it is a fun car to drive. After watching @GoodGame.eXistenZ video and spending some time on this combo I noticed that while he had four wheels over the white line in the braking zones before turn 1 (Castrol Edge) and the before last turn (Rindt) but in my game it does not invalidate the lap when you have four wheels over the white line before almost all the turns as long as you don't go too far out or touch the grass. To be safe, I let four wheels go over the white line in my hotlap only in the sections that @GoodGame.eXistenZ did but I wonder if RSR has the same track limits as the regular game or are they different? Or is it just not the fastest line to have four wheels over the white line in the other braking zones?

7. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Neither RSR nor AC consider crossing the white lines invalid. That is rather strange as this is the only track where you can do so and I cannot really understand why they left it like that. On most tracks you are punished reallly easily. But to be fair, T1 is where you have the biggest advantage. You can cross the white lines before T2, T3 and T4 and 5 too but it is not beneficial at all as you have to position the car before the turn and when you cannot brake in a straight line you will increase braking distance. So I cannot recommend it.

8. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement
    Lewisxbone
    1:48.295 - XB1
    [​IMG]

10. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I'm stuck in no improvement mode:eek:T1 is now driving me nuts:mad:

11. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

@Lewisxbone coming out with a FLYER..that's the lewis I remember..nice time.

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks mate. I was so close to getting in the high 47’s but just couldn’t manage the perfect lap.
    Your times are getting faster and faster every week, Very impressive, Well done.

13. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Saturday 1930 UK

1. 1:47.706 eXistenZ PC
    2. 1:48.295 Lewisxbone xb1
    3. 1:48.706 DriverModFTW PC
    4. 1:48.761 Mustang 500 xb1
    5. 1:49.218 pretend racer PC
    6. 1:49.384 F14152235 xb1
    7. 1:49.846 Graveltrap ps4
    8. 1:49.731 LeiF PC
    9. 1:50.328 William Nortje pc
    10. 1:50.753 365gt ps4
    11. 1:50.831 Peggy11 pc
    12. 1:51.378 Totall Wrytoff ps4
    13. 1:52.994 Laughing Gravy ps4
    14. 1:55.071 Chaos Chris xb1

14. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the posting fail earlier. My keyboard batteries died and I literally had to go to the store to get new ones.

I like the car but I hate this track with a passion. I used labbe's tune. I thinkk the toe was set to 6 front 21 rear. I tried some other toe settings today but couldb't improve at all.

15. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

16. caly82

caly82 Simracer

Caly82
    XB1

[​IMG]

Mustang 500, 365gt, Neilski and 6 others like this.
  17. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Stan getz
    1:54:359
    PS4

Going for another few laps

Attached Files:

18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski
    PC
    Argh, accelerator pot spiking again so I basically had to admit defeat... :(

19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

forum won't accept my image - tried about 5 times :(

OK, it's now past 6pm anyway so f*ck it - the image upload system is buggered again it appears.

Lewisxbone and 365gt like this.
  20. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Posters prevelidge
    moodyryder
    Ps4

Picture won't upload.