1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who uses ssd to run ac

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TassyDevil, Sep 7, 2014.

1. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

I have a 120gb SSD as my main C/ drive and a normal 1.8TB drive D/ which I run AC as well as all other applications on.
    The ssd drive is just about to run out of space so I am going to upgrade to a Samsung 250gb evo ssd and am thinking of using the smaller ssd just for AC.
    Any opinions about using the ssd to run AC, can anyone see any problems with doing this?

Your thoughts would be appreciated. :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Saving in Pit Lane and restarting causes Pit lock at location Mar 17, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Race pauses after rotating race wheel slightly on TS-XW. Jan 1, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1 !row1_norm_failed causes ALL clients to crash Oct 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Possible Nvidia dual drive causes fatal crash Oct 6, 2022
    General modding discussion Car mod Nico Rosberg uses in this video May 26, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lock to Horizon Causes Camera Position Drift. May 9, 2022
    ACC Gameplay [1.8.11] Starting on wet tires causes tire change to be unchecked by default in pit menu Mar 11, 2022
    General modding discussion AC kseditor suddenly refuses to load Oct 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Saving after pitstop but in pit-lane causes 2nd pitstop timeout Oct 1, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brand new Fanatec rig, refuses to work with Assetto Corsa Competizione. May 14, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC causes internet to stop working in an odd way May 9, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Causes Fatal Crash of PC at around 3 laps in every race Mar 25, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Improper use of "&swap" causes server crash Feb 26, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality PCIe 4.0 on B550 / X570 boards causes USB issues, leading to failing HMD Jan 20, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Pedals mapped wrong, changing causes an issue. Dec 26, 2020

3. some1pl

some1pl Alien

I do, but I haven't noticed any difference compared to hdd. If there is an improvement, it's too small to see without some measuring tools.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Should only help some load times, that's all. I run AC off that same SSD.

5. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

I only thought seeing that I am running out of room on the c drive and I would have this drive as spare so why not use it just for AC.
    Obviously there will be heaps more room left but at least it will be better used this way than just a dumping on disk.
    Thanks for those quick replies.;)

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I have all my programms installed on ssd, hdd only for files and backup stuff. It's always a joy seeing people on YouTube doing otherwise and enjoying their load screens:D

7. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

yes. SSDs are great for "non data" or programs, as their read and write rates are much much faster. All my data is on an HDD, with my favorite programs on the SSD. AC loads very quickly from an SSD, I quite enjoy it over waiting for it to load.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I only have an 80gb SSD so it's reserved for the OS and Adobe suite. Not much room for anything else. AC loads quick enough from a standard SATA 6 HD, I don't feel like I'm losing out all that much.

9. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

10. Horus

Horus Alien

SSD are only really good for the initial load up after that it has very little difference over a good quality HDD. The one thing to remember about using an SSD is that when it does go splat all data is lost, where as you usually have warnings that an HDD is about to give up and can get the data off before the final few days. SSD's are great for data you have no real worries about losing, I use one for the OS and put my doc's on a HDD. Then again I have done that even when raiding drives, better to have a selection of drives than just one or other. :)

11. I finally got a SSD a couple weeks ago and even though I have AC installed on it I really don't notice much difference in loading times.....photoshop opens almost instantly though; pretty cool.

Bailey likes this.
  12. Spider

Spider Gamer

SSD gives you S.M.A.R.T reports too.

13. Brainspiller

Brainspiller Rookie

For most games SSDs are not much faster than HDDs. This is because games store their data in very big files which get loaded into memory and processes by the cpu. SSDs are extremely fast when you have to load lots of different files for a program (like Windows itself).

Check some of your games if you like, they usually contain some files with 1-2 gb.

There is one problem though. The life time is limited by the writes. Since AC stores the replay in the user folder it uses a lot of writes to the controller.
    I would prefer to change the destination folder for replays in order to save my disc.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

14. i use ssd and right now with some mod tracks added it weights 17gb. it start really fast, the cars/track load and really fast

15. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Got 1 for windows and one for games both are 240GB's - ish...It's good, but you ar always first in games in and you have to wait for others. :D

Hanzales likes this.
  16. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

AC installed on SSD (128GB). Still 1/3 free space left :) Only another "game" installed on SSD is DCS. But seems there are really only small loading differences. Most noticeable is for example Metro Redux, it's loading the game in 3 seconds from the SSD :) Anyway having AC on SSD, just to be sure there is as much performance as possible ;o)

17. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

For example I have a dedicated partition (the very first one/fastest from regular HDD, 15GB, named "Z"). :)
    It's dedicated for Firefox cache as well as documents (including AC replays) or other temp folders where more data is written. Still most of the Local/Roaming data are on SSD.

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I shoved my entire steam folder onto my ssd. To be honest I haven't noticed any improvement in loading times over my old HDD.

19. Skyrim and photoshop and 3dsMax all load much faster now that they are on my SSD.......AC not so much.

20. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

Thanks for all the replies.
    I will use the smaller ssd for AC and perhaps photoshop seeing that most are doing same.
    I back-up every week with Acronis True Image so if the ssd went splat I would not lose much.
    I was not worried really how fast it was going to be but that it will be spare.
    Cheers
    :D

btw what is S.M.A.R.T report?

21. PoWn3d_0704

PoWn3d_0704 Gamer

Just depends. I have a 240gb SSD for Windows, Drivers, etc. A Second 240GB SSD for LoL, Dawngate, BF3 and 4, and I record video games with that SSD, then move them to my larger drives.

With that said, I run Assetto and all of my games from a RAID 0 setup. 6TB's (2x3tb) of super fast mechanical drives. It works really well.

Then another 4TB of storage space in a RAID 5 config, for speed and redundancy.