1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Have I ever?

2. Guys the problem is not he is too close, the problem is he braked too late...when he tried the move both of them were wrong about what to do.

3. devil in me

devil in me Racer

There might exist a good skill gap between both drivers yes. I think he didn't know any of the braking when behind and less when in front. I wasn't sending it at all. I was in front and I did a mistake and got behind him, got him in clip one, saw him slow in chicane but I didn't guess he didn't know the braking for the last corner, so I hit him and waited him to recover, 2nd, clip since he was braking so much sooner I just got by his side and had him not tried to block that would have not been nothing to put on record, would have been easy and smooth without any issue whatsoever. On the 3rd clip well guess there isn't much to say...

4. It's McLaren in both cases. The first one does not need much commentary. The second was too optimistic from the start, everybody knows the kerb sends you wide there.
    Then we may say the bentley should have avoided to close so late, but I would have expected that, if I had just taken him out in the same corner.
    But even considering that, the mclaren should have not tried there.

5. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Have you seen the whole thing??

Do you really think the Mclaren was too close?? Really??? Or was it the Bentley to brake way sooner that he should be braking?? Because one thing it's you braking soon or earlier. Another thing it's braking half way mid a straight..
    The braking he was doing there would be to go into the pits had him been on the other side of the track.

6. However mclaren was sleeping. You always gotta brake earlier if you want to follow and It's not like bentley braked 50 meters earlier

Christopher Low likes this.
  7. devil in me

devil in me Racer

He did tried two more before that one, and I was expecting, that's the reason I'm very wide, so I could avoid it. But couldn't. And in none of them he gained on braking

8. devil in me

devil in me Racer

In fact he did brake 50 meters earlier Yes.

9. No dude. :) You should have considered the difference in speed.

10. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I went on the curb because he bumps me into it. I wasn't going there. And as you can see by your judgement you trying everything to put me on the cross, even if you see things that don't exist lol. But keep it going. That's the reason I put it here

11. devil in me

devil in me Racer

OK. If I remember, when I get home I show another clip with tree of his laps doing that braking 50 meters after

12. Why am I putting you on the cross?

13. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Look at what you saying. And the way you saying. Just that lol. Not keeping this chat with you. Do your thing. It's fine anyway to me

14. You are misreading me completely. You are not having any special treatment by me.

15. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Just lol. And OK

16. I make you laugh?

17. I thought that there was only one incident (the same incident is generally shown from several thousand different perspectives, so I thought that's what the rest of the clip was going to exhibit). I would say that the McLaren driver was slightly optimistic in the second incident, but the Bentley driver should have realised what was happening, and stayed a bit wider.

The third incident? Blatant dive by the Bentley driver without any hope of making the corner.

18. Hey hey hey :D
    I can tell you it's me who made the move there. But can you tell me if it's clearly my fault? And - if it is - am I a "f*****g clown", as he called me later? :D

To clarify a few things:
    - yes, I felt I'll make this corner without diving through the kerb and leave him enough space at the exit;
    - yes, I feel it may be on me because of the track position before braking;
    - yes, I tried to force him to make another mistake on the braking and that's why I was in the middle of the track all time;
    - no, I wasn't expecting him doing that corner after hitting the grass;

Was I too optimistic? It probably would be completely different story if I didn't hit that kerb in 1st Lesmo...

19. bbman

bbman Racer

Yes, nothing that would warrant verbal abuse though. You were a bit too far back to challenge the corner and should have backed out. It was on the edge, so I can't really fault you for going for it.

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. If in doubt, pull out. That's what I think when I am close behind someone going into a corner.