1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. 1: McLaren at fault but a gentleman after the accident.
    2: Bentley at fault. Mostly. After the very slow exit it was already too late for closing the door. The McLaren could have been bit too fast here but was "catched" already by the Bentley before the apex. So we'll never know.
    3: Bentley at fault. Divebomb.

Christopher Low and devil in me like this.
  2. I think it was your fault mostly. Much later on the brakes than the Audi so your turn in was very late as well.
    I'd call your move too optimistic in way you've done it.

3. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Kettle - Your fault mate.
    Guy infront didn't know you were there and concentrating on recovering after his wobble and focusing on the guy infront.
    That corner is a PAIN to overtake since everyone is trying to get on the power early for the straight.
    IF he had given you room on the inside, you probably would have either:
    1 - given him room on the exit by not getting onto the power early, so lose the place on the straight (and maybe another to guy behind you)
    2 - tried to give him room on the exit, but get on power as normal and understeered into him on the exit
    3 - noticed you were going to understeer into him, but put power down as a normal corner with more steering than normal and spin into the wall (I drive 720, so this is normal behaviour for that car)

I use the word probably, but In My Opinion, its better to brake earlier for that corner and make sure your exit is amazing and take him on the straight

4. eross

eross Rookie

So this guy clearly crashed on me becuase he made a mistake, this guy should get an instant ban for a month or week, we CANT let this type of guys race on this game or this problem will get bigger if this type of people dont get any type of consequence.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2021
  5. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

lol

Good luck with that.

The only thing this guy is guilty of is not holding the brakes after spinning. Welcome to public lobbies.

eross likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Would be more useful to show the crash from his perspective so you can see if he turned into you or just didn brake hard enough.

7. eross

eross Rookie

you can clearly see how his car stops 100% and he reverse it

8. lionbest

lionbest Racer

He definitely crashed on purpose. How about we do the PUBG cheating type of ban.

I know it's not going to ever happen which is good. I can crash the crashers

9. Racheengel84

Racheengel84 Gamer

in my opinion he didnt crashed you on purpose, he spun and didnt hold the brakes ( his fault), but befor the contect you can see on his front tires that he tried to rotate his car away from you, and you are also at fault, because you could clearly see a spinning car in front of you and you made completly no intentions to brake or even lift, in comunities like simgrid you would get a penaltie for it

10. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Exactly.

This thread should be titled "I ignored yellow flags and the consequences MUST BE SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT!!!11!1"

11. eross

eross Rookie

my fault? lmao

I saw him crashing and spining and when his car stopped 100% I decided to no lift or brake becuase when you crash you dont move from where you are, doing this drivers see and dodge your car. This is on clear pourpouse, he was 3rd and lost the podium becuase of his fault and he decided to crash the next car coming (me) becuase he was mad and I gained his position

12. absolutely dude you are right. here the people tends to justify stupid behaviour "because their are beginners" and all that stuff. They seem to ignore this is the thread where to discuss about racing and about how to not be stupid. So don't come here, it's just a stupid thread.

alexgeotech09 and eross like this.
  13. azzah

azzah Simracer

1. the posts were moved here from a separate thread
    2. it does not look like an intentional wreck from that perspective, and it is certainly not "clearly" intentional

let's face it, despite possibly countless hours behind the wheel, simracers are not real racers and do stupid **** on track. most of the time, there is no ill will behind what happened.

just cut it with the "intentional crash" accusations everytime someone doesn't act like you predicted following a spin, rejoins the track in an absurdly unsafe way or punts you off-track because they didn't know where to brake. this is getting really, really boring.

LATE4APEX and aotto1977 like this.
  14. In no case in the world anyone can judge intentions, which is stupid also to think about.
    We can only talk about actions. The porsche did not stop after spinning amd that is extremely dangerous and stupid and no one in thw world will ever do it, not a driver on track, not on the road after a crash.
    The fault is on the porsche 100%.
    Then, after going from judging the facts to judging bs, you can say the porsche messed it up not because he was stupid, but because he was unexperienced. But thats not my field of competence and I usually tend not to waste my time.
    But saying it's not porsche 100% is dishonest. Period.

alexgeotech09 likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Ban the red Merc for no throttle lift!

After_Midnight and LATE4APEX like this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If the guy who spun, was moving backwards back on to the track as a result of the spin, and then didn't hit the brakes.

Then he is only guilty of not hitting the brakes, NOT an intentional take out, two different issues.

As already posted the Red car also has to share some of the blame for not lifting.

Turk, JanR, sps_for_race and 2 others like this.
  17. @eross
    Like others said already there was a warning for you for sure. Yellow or white flags.
    So because you was going full throttle into it you've to put some of the blame to your own account.

I'd like to see a onboard of the Porsche.

To your original request:
    I can post so many videos about intentionally crashers. Much more obvious like in your example.
    But Kunos decided there will be no useable ban feature for server admins to keep there own servers clean. For whatever reasons.

Thanks for giving me a reason to call your post BS as well ;)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    sps_for_race and LATE4APEX like this.
  18. guys but how can you say those things. It's clear already in the replay that the porsche was in the middle of the track and then suddenyl discarded to the left.
    He must have judged there was enough space as there was indeed.
    then the porsche didscarded ( I don't care about the reason).

There are no escape zones after lesmo 2, there are only barriers and when you spin in the middle of the track you must stop there.
    What if there was another car stick to amg a$$?
    what if there were multiples?
    the crash is uniquely caused by the porsche.

Let's also consider he would slow down. You think the crash would have not happened?
    This is just stupid

alexgeotech09 likes this.
  19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

It's a 5-lap race at Monza (not even 10 min?) on a public server with 8 out of 13 racers in the AM category, the lowest. That guy in front of you was 5.7 seconds behind the leader after 4 and a half laps. This is clearly a very low SA server. You, with Pro ranking, should not be there, full stop. If you want better racing I would advise to manage your expectations, try a CP server, simgrid, simracing.gp or a league instead of screaming "ban him" at some poor guy on a crappy server. Good luck.

Salvatore Amato, Turk, JanR and 6 others like this.
  20. First things first:
    I haven't read not a single response the fault is only at the Mercedes. All who have suggested slowing down would be better in situations like these are just putting partly the fault to @eross. So do I.

Best reason to slow down by much. Especially the Porsche is still moving.
    I've watched the video at 0.25 speed and the Porsche was never stopped completely.

There was no other car. What if... argumentation that leads to nothing.

It's not possible to answer this question. Maybe, maybe not.
    But slowing down will have just positive results. Beside the fact of losing speed.
    You'll have much more time to judge the situation. To see what the Porsche is doing. To choose a side.
    In case of contact less speed means less damage too.

And considering the fact the gaps in front and back was about 7 seconds each @eross would have lose basically nothing by doing so.

If the Porsche would still crash into the Mercedes the need for any discussion became obsolete immediately.

It's not.

Indeed. Very good point. :cool:

Turk, JanR, aotto1977 and 3 others like this.