1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. How are you guys watching this video when it states "this video is unavailable" on my PC?

2. Same here as well. But it was available at the time the post was created.

3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Has nobody been crashed into in 2 months? lol

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Means we reach our goal :) Make perfect drivers

Rogue Leader and lionbest like this.
  5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I actually have an incident that I'd be very interested in to get some people's oppinion....but I'm lazy and DavinciResolve always let's my CPU run too hot, which cancels the rendering process...meh. :rolleyes:

6. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I use wondershare Filmora that allows u to render throuhg the GPU, in a few seconds its done. like a 20 minute race takes no more than about 3 minutes to render even with very good settings

7. Graeme Kerr

Graeme Kerr Rookie

So is this guy nuts or am i going insane?
    To be fair it was a 40sa lobby, but i was bored of monza and spa and i've had good races in noob lobbies.
    I'm in the bmw, to my eye he braked too late and understeered into me, i saw him coming and left him space, mistakes happen but then he intentionally rammed me.
    Thing is he was adamant in the chat that I cut him up? saying how he made the apex, to my eyes he was a country mile from it.
    So what say you, is this guy just another kid who cant handle being overtaken or should i rethink my life?

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Dude, your all good.
    Pretty much everything you described, is what to place, including the other drivers character.

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

100%, nothing more to say.

devil in me and After_Midnight like this.
  10. ricxx

ricxx Racer

Difficult to say what happened without asking the guy. Could also be a classical example of wrong perception. He might've felt he did nothing wrong and thought you were the one hitting him, so he retaliated right away. Depends on whether he watched the replay after that or not. There's also people who always blame others, they're never at fault. Best thing is to move on as this kind of things happen all the time, nothing you can do about it.
    It's a difficult move there anyway as you have to rely on the other hitting the apex. If you backed off and braked earlier he would've sailed past you opening the opportunity for a cut back.

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Have to disagree.

The car on the inside, giving benefit of the doubt, understeered out of control into Graeme, or worst case, as demonstrated by his "driving" after the initial contact, intentionally hit Graeme.

There was a car width between the inside car and the track edge when he hit Graeme, not even close to the track edge, so plenty of room for him to make the corner.

AndyK70 likes this.
  12. ricxx

ricxx Racer

Not sure what you're disagreeing with tbf. I'm not saying he didn't understeer into the BMW, I just gave an explanation why he could've decided to intentionally hit the BMW despite the fact he understeered into him a corner earlier. Happened to me too, someone hit me and I wondered 'what the hell?' After watching the replay it was clear that the other car held its line and it was me who steered into it. Wrong perception, the replay often clears the fog.
    That's what I said earlier in another thread. You don't have to make a move as soon as you think there's an opportunity. The BMW could've avoided it, as soon as they braked the Lexus was already alongside and even sailing past, so if you still try going around the outside in that corner, which is btw one of the worst corners in corner history imo, you're asking for an incident. It always takes two to tango, it shows time and time again.

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

OK, I guess we would have to hear what the "other" guy said, to have a complete understanding.
    Still not to sure about his "maturity" though, as demonstrated latter.

AndyK70 and ricxx like this.
  14. Graeme Kerr

Graeme Kerr Rookie

That's what i was thinking too but he told me watched the replay and still somehow felt it was my fault.
    Agreed, in hindsight i should have got well out of the way and let him kill himself, just force of habit as i'm not used to low rated servers.

ricxx likes this.
  15. ricxx

ricxx Racer

Well, if he watched the replay and still blamed you, then he's probably one of the very rare people who are infallible, I guess. :D

LATE4APEX likes this.
  16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Aaaand that's where he went way wrong. There is never a reason to retaliate for an accident.

17. ricxx

ricxx Racer

Yeah, I totally agree but many people feel like it gives them some kind of inner peace if they do.

18. devil in me and Luis Branco like this.
  19. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Rookie

What would happen in real racing under these conditions?

That should apply to ACC.

jmo

20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The "passing on Straights" case from the link above, is something quite common in public servers and even is seen in private leagues.

I still can't grasp how someone consider a "defence move" squeeze a car that is already alongside.
    In fact, when that happens and there's a contact, the car that used that "defence" still consider to have the right to do so and the other car is guilty of any contact.
    But, then again, I also see cases where the car in front move left or right, not one but two, three, four times, hell, as much times needed to block the car behind.

Regarding dive bomb, recently I had a race at Kyalami with 3 cars fighting for position and a fourth, behind, 3 times dive bombed in T1 (or T2, depending of the track map) - the left hairpin after the starting line.
    Have it being only once, I would simply think: bad luck, missed the braking point, however repeated the move two times more and, unfortunately, the third time put one of the three cars ahead out of track and out of race.