1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Come on guys, the McLaren is nowhere near alongside the BMW, and in this replay it is easy to see where the McLaren is, but in the BMW that is tough to judge, but easy to judge for the McLaren; the car behind is responsible. I see no reason why the BMW wouldn't be allowed to stay on the racing line.

Winston and alexgeotech09 like this.
  2. The reason is what happens after :D

I mean, jokes apart: let's put I am in the BMW. I see the guy closing the gap in 3 turns. I see him overlapping my car before braking. My choice is: do I leave him room, letting him try, and pass him back at the next opportunity, or do I keep my line not leaving room? Pretty easy choice in my opinion: pros are risk reduction, cooling down for next fight, keeping my car as good as possible. Cons: loss of 1 position for the moment, that can be taken back in the rest of the race. But chances to regain that position go down to 0 if I ruin my car.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    chksix likes this.
  3. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

What happens after is that the McLaren nudges the rear of the BMW, so much is clear. The question is who's fault it is. When the BMW starts to turn in, the Mclaren only has a nose alongside. It is the Beemers corner. My guess is that the McLaren slightly misjudged the situation, you can call it a race incident, but a race incident where the McLaren is at fault.

alexgeotech09 and AndyK70 like this.
  4. Malc2169

Malc2169 Gamer

Hi all,

What are you thoughts on this please? Audi or Porsche at fault?

5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

This is like walking out in front of a car on a zebra crossing, getting hit, and then claiming you have the right to be there.
    There's nothing to stop the Porsche doing that but the odds on are the outcome we see. Not a very wise move regardless of who technically is at fault, to finish first, first you have to finish.

Mogster and chksix like this.
  6. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

It is similar to the one I posted, I think... would say the Audi has more to be blamed for, as he dives when the Porsche is already turning, but both of them share the fault there. The Porsche left the door wide open and then decided to turn as if the Audi wasn't even there. Again, in my view is the Audi's fault, but not entirely. In any case, he should have waited, he was way faster by the looks of it.

Not the ideal camera to judge anyway.

7. Malc2169

Malc2169 Gamer

That was my thoughts exactly - thanks for confirming

8. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Well, last night this happened:

I would have shrugged it off as a normal racing incident, but in the chat Johan wrote something along the lines of "Otto 4 seconds laptime are you serious?".
    That made me watch the replay, and here we got another ambitious hotlapper, who starts the race from the pitlane, shows how freakin' fast he is and obviously expects everyone to give room for him and his lack of racecraft. :rolleyes:

9. Lol. Considering the outstanding outcome of this, such a well edited and funny video, I would ask him for more kekw.

aotto1977 likes this.
  10. aotto1977

Haha, thanks. :D
    Sorry for the weird aspect ratio btw. While I'm playing in VR, i record the replays in pancake, which happens to be a 32:9 ultrawide.

11. Still not as wide as a Porsche back when you are in a Acura lmao

aotto1977 likes this.
  12. KC Chan

KC Chan Rookie

I think everyone needs to respect each other, regardless of whether the opponent is strong or weak, if you are stronger than him, you should have surpassed him, instead of being defended by him
    I think everyone needs to respect each other, regardless of whether the opponent is strong or weak, if you are stronger than him, you should have surpassed him, instead of being defended by him

13. aotto1977

I am the driver of the #14 Ferrari.

The #779 Porsche went wide in La Source, which gave me the opportunity to pass him. Down the run to Eau Rouge, he had better acceleration, so we went up Raidillon side by side. Guess what happened next...

Oh, as the cherry on top, he called me an "f***ing idiot" for "staying on my line even though he was in front". I'd rather say he turned right into me without leaving me any space to go. What do you guys think?

14. There are alternative ways even for the Ferrari driver to handle situations like this successfully but just for the question itself the fault is at the Porsche driver.
    To 99.99 % ;)

anthony galmiche and AndyK70 like this.
  15. aotto1977

Yeah, in hindsight I'd just have lifted a bit more. But after we went through Eau Rouge side by side cleanly, I was expecting we'd handle Raidillon like gentlemen instead of him suddenly claiming the racing line, leaving no space for me.

chksix, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  16. Exactly :)

17. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Here, I just had this accident and I want to hear your opinion. I am in the Porsche and at Monza T1 I have this crash which involves three cars.

My opinion:
    1. I hit the BMW, so technically I am at fault. Of course I did not do that intentionally, I was actually trying to race fair with the Ferrari ahead.
    2. The issue is I am dueling with the Ferrari ahead and I am of course less attentive to what is happening behind, with the BMW in my blind spot. Also, I need to make the chicane, so I try to use the space I see available. In my opinion it is the car behind, the BMW, who needs to be careful.
    3. The guy in the BMW decides that with a duel ahead of him it is a good idea to brake late and place his car in the middle of the road. I think that this is not a clever move, and does not show respect for the other drivers. He is a fast driver (1 sec faster than me and the Ferrari) so he could have just waited for the next corner to make his move.
    4. After the fact, I asked the guy in the BMW about it and with a certain "know-it-all" attitude he explained to me that I moved so it's my fault and his position was perfectly legal. I answered that his driving might be legal but is dumb.
    What do you guys think?

alexgeotech09 likes this.
  18. Your fault.
    The BMW was already alongside of your car. Significantly.
    Instead of going straight while braking you drove to the left.

AndyK70 and Turk like this.
  19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I accept the verdict :). I still think though that if I were in the BMW I wouldn't have taken the risk, especially on a public server with nothing to win. I will be more careful next time.

After_Midnight likes this.