1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

He also caused an incident in race 1.

chksix likes this.
  2. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

And if you know the fuel is not enough, such an action is even worse

3. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Here we go again: It's not the thread "Who could avoided the crash" but "Who's at fault" (for creating that crash)

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  4. Felge Schneider

It is definitely Hosseini in my opinion.
    These are seasoned competitive simracers, not your average open lobby where you have to expect everything.
    They are expected to drive respectful and fair. This was none of it. He blocked both sides just so Naujoks had no space either way.

5. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Well then it's both in this case if you ask me, one more than the other but still. Hosseini for radar-blocking Naujoks and Naujoks for not reacting properly to prevent it.

I'm sorry but I refuse to see it as a black and white situation it's always a bit more complex than that. It takes two good drivers to race cleanly and it also sometimes takes two stubborn drivers to create a crash

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Hosseini didn't make it right through the chicane and cutted it. He was accelerating later/slower than Naujoks. He was in the middle of the road.
    Naujoks wanted to pass on the right, Hosseini then moved right blocking Naujoks. So far nothing wrong.
    Naujoks went outside to the left. Hosseini kept right at first, maybe he thought the inner line was going to give him enough advantage to keep him in front. But Naujoks kept getting closer on the outside line and had his cars nose alongside Hosseinis rear left fender.
    Now (!) Hosseini starts to push Naujoks left and further left until Naujoks was on the white line and couldn't move any more to the left.
    Hosseini moved still further left and wanted to force Naujoks off track or to back off.
    Hosseini created that situation and caused the accident.
    :D

7. Freddie Seng

There we go. Do you agree with the fact that if Naujoks would have backed off, there would have been no crash?

Batch likes this.
  8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

That's not the point. :cool:

Hosseini wanted to FORCE Naujoks, whether he was right to do so or not. So Hosseini created that situation and caused the crash.
    We don't discuss if Naujoks was able to avoid the crash, but if he was at fault and deserved that penalty.

chksix and Winston like this.
  9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yes that's true, it's also true that there are rules against weaving and if weaving is okay how can you overtake when you have a run on someone?

Vision_Slayer_525, chksix and AndyK70 like this.
  10. Freddie Seng

Where did I say weaving was okay? It's not. Never been, never will be. But if we don't discuss if the guy behind was able to avoid the crash, we're only talking about half the equation here. I don't even want to get into the penalty debate

Let's agree to disagree on this guys. I see none of you is gonna... back out :)

11. Felge Schneider

Well we could agree, that the penalty was wrong.

12. You can also say: The guy behind should not even try to overtake. So he can avoid any collisions.

13. But I've another one for you :) I've promised online in the chat to make a video about it. Especially for what happend after the incident.
    So here we go.
    I'm in the Audi. Spadon in the Lambo.
    For the incident at Bruxelles I want to know what you think about it.

14. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

@After_Midnight wow what an ***hole that lambo driver... he just steered into you and left no space...when you were next to him.

I can only say one thing about what happened afterwards: something like that has no place in an online race, no matter what happens before. Evidence of mental immaturity

chksix, AndyK70, trutya and 3 others like this.
  15. Freddie Seng

You were alongside and he turned into you no question. And about that revenge wreck afterwards just lol :rolleyes: What is he, twelve years old?

chksix, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  16. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

@After_Midnight

That's on you. You had your car width your job is to scrub enough speed to stay in it. He makes it very clear very early you won't have more than the bare minimum to work with and he doesn't tighten his line before impact. It was an incredibly clean and perfectly executed defence.

After_Midnight and Libor Sabrik like this.
  17. trutya

trutya Simracer

the question is, if Naujoks lifted it and avoid the collision, would Hosseini get any penalty for this kind of unfair defending? i'm afraid no.

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  18. trutya

trutya Simracer

then it's a racing incident and nobody gets penalty...

19. trutya

trutya Simracer

i must agree, there was just enough space on the inside, the Audi slided just a little bit wide.
    (btw that revenge is ridiculous)

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Hey,... I do that to AI all time,... ;)

And I'm a lot older than 12.