1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. isolated episode

2. 1:18:25 sorry

[X] Driver and After_Midnight like this.
  3. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

You had me confused for a minute.

This video is slightly different in that the red car kept the momentum going and didn't fall back, so then had the race line and advantage.
    Where in mine he slowed due to not having anywhere to go as we were both approaching another car.
    At the time of me moving in he had dropped back a little, so I had the racing line, so he almost dive bombed me.
    In fact if he hadn't overtook me at all you could argue that he did dive bomb me, but seeing as though he did overtake me he should have either moved over (difficult due to that other car) or kept the momentum going do his presence and intentions were clear.
    It was kind of a half hearted overtake.

Don't get me wrong, watching the video I would blame me all day long, but my defence was that the spotter said 'clear right' before I moved over (as I thought he had dropped further back than he had).

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  4. mmm man I cannot agree. I will try to explain why.
    First of all, by using the visual radar you would have avoided that, but it does not matter.

In the case you have showed, when you turn in, his car is still a bit alongside you. But even if he was not, anytime you are in these situations, you should go wider even if you trust the other guy, because he could lock.
    Moreover, when you are side by side, the track splits in two, and there is no more the usual racing line to take for both of you.
    The accident in Monza is only your fault. That said, at least you came here to discuss it. But you have to watch it for what it is, otherwise you won't learn anything from it.
    Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to accuse you, but since you want other opinions, I give you mine ( from my 99 RC podium stage! :trollface (hopefully funny)).

Also, if you take the corner wider, you will have the faster line, plus, you will have the inside in the second part of the chicane, which is even more important. So this is the rule: 1. use the radar 2. if you are side by side, stick in your side.

That is absolutely no divebomb.

Anyway this time you did not know he was alongside, since the spotter was wrong: ok. But that would not have been a valid argument for any steward.

I hope I've been helpfull.

5. Sorry mate but I'd blame you in both cases for the reasons mentioned by @Salvatore Amato :)

Thug and Salvatore Amato like this.
  6. coiso

coiso Gamer

Yes. On the first one the Aston could have given a little more room, but ultimately the bump happens due to a mistake from the boatley.

Thug and After_Midnight like this.
  7. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I don’t use the radar as i want it to be as realistic as I can. I did actually think about giving a wider birth in the corner but changed when the spotter said it was clear as I thought the other car had backed off.

No offence taken at all. As I said, looking at the video it was clearly my fault, just sharing my rational for doing what I did.

Yeah, next time I should just drive into the wall.
    My argument was that the Aston noticed where my car was going (my fault entirely) but closed the door preventing me from coming back on safely.
    If it was the other way round I would have given more space or backed off a little knowing I still had momentum to possibly still get passed.

8. the rear drivers use the same radar in real life, after they saw the outcomes of simracing ;D.
    Anyway can you post your point of view from zolder?

Thug likes this.
  9. The reasons for your behaviour was never a point for me to judge. I can understand your doing. At least at Zandvort.
    Its just the outcome. Yes the Aston was able to give you more space for your rejoin but you can't count on it. The whole situation is the outcome of your mistake.
    Even if I would acting exactly like you. Put me in the AMR and you would have no video to post it here. :D

About realism: The spotter is unrealistic too ;)
    So I'd higly recommend to use the radar + Crew Chief for any multiplayer racing. It helps you a lot to prevent misjudging of the current situation around you.
    And it will also protect other players of you. :p

Greets After_Midnight

Thug likes this.
  10. Sorry for DP but I'd like to add something to my reply to @Thug :
    I think both of us will always act like in the first clip of the video. Even I don't gained a position it's still a bad feeling to cut the track and gain a bit of advantage. (I'm the Porsche driver) So I left the guy pass before the finish line.
    But like you can see in the other clips of the video there are also guys out there without the "Gentleman" behavoiur (This time I'm in the Lambo). They will force you off track and makes your race end on purpose. Even after a mistakes they wont give up there position at all cost.

11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Are you 264 or 187?
    I think if I was 187 coming off the track there I would either try and join the track 'prior; to the corner (so I didn't cut it), or I would allow the car behind to over take.
    I have done exactly that when overshooting the 2nd chicane on Monza, I have slowed to allow the next car to go past me.

If you were 264 then I am sure I raced against you the other day too.
    I remember 264 as its a friend on mines police badge number (mine is on my car).

12. I'm in the Porsche at the first clip and in the Lambo at the rest of the clips. The video shows two different incidents. My race number is always 264.
    Yes. This Gentleman behaviour is what we do. But not everybody out there is acting like like this and so we're not able to count on it.
    The 264 is the birthday of my son :)
    There's a good chance you raced against me already. Quite often in multi player races I can see names at the leaderboard I know very well from this forum here. Guys like @Salvatore Amato or @NemethR .
    What's your ACC ingame name?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  13. Creegz

Creegz Racer

If I wanted to get super technical about the answer to who was in the wrong @After_Midnight I would have to say the car re-joining (Yours in this case). The first turn where the Porsche goes off he is cutting but also sorta using the runoff and comes back in slowly and he didn't gain a position from going off either, which ends that incident. You would be wrong for how you rejoined the track because you would technically be passing outside of the track boundaries. After seeing him on your left very slightly it would be safe to assume that once he's back on the track and racing line that he would be accelerating to get back to race pace so trying to go around him on the right was a risky move, however, you might have been able to make your turning radius a bit tighter and come in on the left compromising his apex into la source.

14. no but you have not to go into the wall XD.
    just brake and do a safe rejoin.
    I learnt on my skin that. I did the worst rejoin in a race in monza, i was a lap down and killed the leader.
    **** happens, I don't want you to feel bad about this. You will be better next time.

Anyway for rejoining the track map is very useful.

After_Midnight likes this.
  15. @After_Midnight
    the lambo went way off track.
    the mistake is made by the porsche there.
    It's half a mistake actually.
    if you go wide there, it's right to cut, because if you come back to the chicane and lambo locks, you will crash anyway, so good move on that cut.
    the problem is right after, the porsche had to stay in the left side of the track and not going in the racing line.
    Anyway, nothing to be ashamed of.

Creegz likes this.
  16. Creegz

Creegz Racer

@Salvatore Amato is right on this. It's a racing incident overall because the Porsche rejoined unsafely and how I'd expect someone not very skilled in racing to do it.

17. I would not say not very skilled. it is not a matter of skills, and honestly, to say to someone he's not that skilled can be also offensive XD.
    Please let me ask you to not be sarcastic. this thread can be very useful. without adding any more unnecessary comments.

It's just a matter of experience, and as all these kind of matters, once you understand it, you have already improved.

I hope we can cut this parenthesis here.

edit: also because from sarcasm to rage and even personal attacks, it's a short step. so if don't want the mod to close this thread, let's not reply at all outside of the boundaries of technical comments.

Thug likes this.
  18. Creegz

Creegz Racer

Probably not the best word choice on my end but experienced is the right phrasing.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  19. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Its Roland Nemeth, so you should see R. Nemeth or Nemeth, and I do beleive we raced together in Monza a few days ago :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Just to add my opinion here.

1st situation.
    When re-joining the track, its always the responsibility of the car rejoining (in case the driver has control over it) to make sure he does not drive into another car.

2nd situation.
    This is a tricky one, as different drivers can have very different braking zones. But again. Where should the Lambo go? You were side-by-side.

And yes , the spotter, or whoever who says, clear right / clear left is not really trustworthy.
    I too crashed into some guy, after hearing clear left or clear right.

Thug and After_Midnight like this.