1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. lionbest

lionbest Racer

Car behind

Madsen, LATE4APEX and GONKO like this.
  2. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I don't know why the car in front go full right, then go back on the left to turn in on the right :eek: Obviously Lexus at fault there.

3. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

After watching it several times at different speeds I believe the Lambo nearly lost it that's why he went full right first. As for the OP accusing the Lexus of not using the brakes imo it was not intentional he is clearly out of the throttle but there was no chance that a pass there was going to work. I agree that one is on the Lexus

4. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I'm gonna say the lambo should have yielded.

It seems to me he almost lost it, breaking under pressure. As a result the lambo swiffered across the track, hindering the car behind. Then in an attempt to not get overtaken, brakes late and takes a wide approach into the corner, leaving space on the inside. But then instead of leaving enough room and taking his loss, he tries to close a door that cannot be closed.

I'm assuming the car behind had enough of the lambo's shenanigans and kept his car on the racing line. I think I would have too.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. lionbest

lionbest Racer

You're assuming wrong.

Car ahead is obviously a little off with the driving, that doesn't mean you can just push them off the track.

It says about what kind of a driver you are @Snoeipaard and not how you should drive.

I've had about 20 minutes out of 30 minutes race stuck behind a guy who was about half a second slower than me and it would've been so easy to nudge him off and go ahead, but that's not the right thing to do.

6. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

You are misunderstanding what I am saying here. Contrary to your perception, I don't think the contact was intentional. Obviously, you should never nudge another driver off the track. And that is also not at all what happened here. The way I see it, the lambo turned in on the car behind, and i think the car behind was right keeping his line as the lambo was making a mess of it. So if anything, it was a racing incident initiated by reckless driving and poor judgement on the lambo's behalve. But that's just my two cents.

Misreading and jumping to conclusions on what kind of driver I am, says a lot about you too my friend. Not very friendly at all.

TurboTomato and mystek like this.
  7. mystek

mystek Racer

For me it looks like Lambo messed up (look how far Lex was at start of video) and wanted to fix his mistake. In last moment he should left more space for Lex. It was generally race incident but for me 70% Lambo fault, 30% lex's (maybe little too aggresive, but this is my style od driving as well, so I understand him, specially at this moment)

8. GONKO

GONKO Racer

OK, just to be clear, the lambo is on the racing line and slowing for the second apex. The lexus has no chance of making the apex without hitting into the lambo. The lambo is not out of control at all.
    The lexus also did not even attempt to brake for the second apex, just lifted coming in too hit and nudges the lambo.
    Or am I looking at a different race here?

9. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I get what you are saying. But I think if you mess up like this, and someone takes a stab at you because of it, you cannot defend and close the door like that. You should leave room and accept the concequences of you messing up. I think you eliminated yourself, sorry. But again, these are just my two cents. Don't beat yourself up about it.

PS. I think the lexus would have made the corner just fine. Sorry again :rolleyes:.

PPS. With a triple screen setup you could have probably prevented this outcome. Assuming ofcourse you didn't turn in on the lambo on purpose ;).

10. RWa

RWa Simracer

Tonight on CP server 4/5 there was a party going on. Unbelievable how people cannot even drive straight at the start and ruin the race for others, like me in the yellow Ferrari.

11. SlowLarry

SlowLarry Gamer

Well, thats tough luck, i guess. Just a mix of inexperience, hot blood and lots of horsepower. Its a bit difficult because of the slow motion, but it looks like you had the chance to avoid contact by moving all over to the left. Maybe, maybe not. Take from this that as soon as you see **** happening be prepared, lift and maybe even brake.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  12. RWa

RWa Simracer

Mmmm. if you check again the incident happened on the right of the car in front of me. From behind it looks like I could have avoid...but in the cockpit you cannot look through cars. So no, I was not able to avoid since I was at full spped ahead to take the left side.

trutya likes this.
  13. Use the brakes mate. ;)

FelixR1991 and Snoeipaard like this.
  14. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Seems like the whole bunch in front of you had forgotten there's a car next to them at the start of a race. But when it went sideways, the cars in front of you all lifted of the throttle. You on the other hand, took a risk and tried to pass the lot on the left. Unfortunately that's exactly where the Porsche ended up, taking you out in the process. Just bad luck I guess.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    mystek likes this.
  15. RWa

RWa Simracer

At the moment I could see the car coming from the left, crossing the car in front (right) of me I was at 170 km/h. Distance to short to react..even if I would have hit the brakes no way to avoid a big impact.

16. No. It is the consequence of:
    You didn't notice what is going on before? Seriously? :confused:

FelixR1991 and XettMan like this.
  17. SlowLarry

SlowLarry Gamer

We are not here to criticise you, so there is no need to defend yourself. This stuff happens all the time on servers with drivers who lack experience and car control. Heck , sometimes this even happens in league races and top split races. When you see that things are starting to go downhill its almost always better to lift and start braking, even if this means loosing places. Not a good idea is to close your eyes, step full on throttle and hope that everything works out( edit: im not trying to say this is what you did, just that its a bad idea ;-) ) .

XettMan, Snoeipaard and Cucumber_86 like this.
  18. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yes, that's what I'm saying isn't it? Took a gamble and lost. Bad luck. Nobody to blame but himself.

After_Midnight likes this.
  19. GONKO

GONKO Racer

He was an innocent victim. You won't see that unfold from the drivers seat guys. Jeez.

trutya likes this.
  20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

This is a good example to watch and learn from "Surviving rookies" to avoid these situations.