1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Not sure what Kunos could do really.
    Maybe some profanity filter, or turn online chat off all together?
    Or maybe only able to pick certain chat options like 'GLHF', 'good race', 'thanks for race', etc...

After the event, if reported, then they can do more, like warnings and bans I suppose, but they would need to have clear guidelines in regards to what people can and cant say that you would have to agree to.

I have not checked if this is possible, but what would stop me from changing my name in game to 'Rogue Leader' and shouting profanities and then (me or someone else) screen shotting them and then posting them up to try and get Rogue into trouble?

2. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

What an idiot.
    Makes you wonder how his stats are so high.

3. Psit

Psit Alien

This is what happens when a niche "game" goes mainstream because of how successful it is, sadly :(

4. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Simple blacklist is what we need. Its not just CP servers. Blacklist would solve 98% of this.

mystek and Rema84 like this.
  5. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Unfortunately, we have been discussing this problem for over a year in dozens of threads. I don't think there is a solution. The only way (probably impossible) would be a kind of race telemetry. If you have to be at 70 km / h before a turn, you can go wrong by 10 km / h more or less, but if you reach 140 km / h it is never a mistake. If you have a behavior outside of a telemetry average (you go too fast to hit someone, you go in the wrong direction etc.) you get a "warning". At the third warning you are banned for a month. Ok ... science fiction

6. Joe5991

Joe5991 Gamer

I am the yellow Ferrari... the guy in the Honda claims I hit him on the back... but in my opinion he makes a mistake, opens the door and when I am next to him he shuts the door....

He said that he didn’t defend because he wouldn’t expect me to overturn him in the beginning of an 4hr race in the wet...

Who’s is at fault in this situation?

https://youtu.be/iqqiZl8-k28?t=8074

7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I think this is a bit unlucky for you. He's on the racing line, but you get in a good position going into the turn. He does leave space on the apex - so don't think he really did anything too badly - but maybe not quite enough. Shame that it sent you spinning so badly.
    It's a hard and risky corner to overtake on though, especially in the wet. Actually, most of Zandfoort feels hard to overtake on for me!

8. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

NSX's fault there, he left the space open, you were side by side and he turns into you.

mystek likes this.
  9. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

There is a 4th screen I posted so they can see the server I was in, I'd assume maybe they have some data on the back end that they can tell what account is who.

I have doubts anyone from Kunos is going to see this in this thread. But maybe @pankykapus can you help, you need to scroll a few posts back to my last post.

10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

The Honda gets onto the curbs after the long right hander and loses momentum. He has to catch a slide, of course you are getting better out of the corner and to me it seems, the overtake is not a dive bomb, but evading an accident. If you didn't steer right, you would have rear ended him. If you'd hit the brakes hard, you would have lost the car and probably still rear ended him.
    He made the first mistake, by having to catch the slide.
    I'd say his fault.

After_Midnight likes this.
  11. David_ACM

David_ACM Rookie

ok so who's at fault here?

no but seriously, during the race i thought it was my dodgy internet (early lockdown, before my ISP upgraded their switches) but looking back at the replay, it seems like this affected all cars on the server

12. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

If you look closely you can see the Ferrari moving in the braking zone and crashing 10 cars at the same time, clearly his fault. Only one move allowed while braking! :rolleyes:

13. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yeah, I guess you took a risk diving on the inside of him like that, right after he had to correct his mistake. Also, I don't think you where far enough ahead at turn in, to be continuing the overtake all through the corner. This isn't the right corner for an overtake like that (diving). Especially not in rainy conditions. You were going to have to back out eventually here to avoid making contact. Even if he would have left you a little more room, which he could have done easily.

Not saying you were at at fault, but you could have done things differently and avoided crashing here. You could say the same thing about the Honda, if it wasn't for the fact that he probably really didn't see you coming, as he was busy keeping his car on the track.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  14. David Danser

David Danser Racer

2 incidents with the same cars, wonder what you guys think..

15. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Porsche is wrong on both. Not the time of corner you can send it that late, unless you think the other car will vanish when you do

16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Porsche did dive bomb both times. His fault.

Could the Ferrari evaded the crashes? Yes he could by taking a wider line, but that's not the point.

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Have to 1/2 disagree, because I think I may have a different definition of "dive bombing".

If we look at the second clip of the 1st incident, Porsche in-car, it looks like the Porsche was well up beside the Ferrari, by the time the Ferrari started to turn in, and in doing so, didn't leave anyplace for the Porsche to go, except well up on the curb.
    Maybe a racing incident, but not dive bombing.

In the second incident, agree the Porsche dive bombed, as the Ferrari was already turning in, before contact was made, and the Porsche was not going to able to hold the line on the curb.

In my opinion.

AndyK70, nrc689 and David Danser like this.
  18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion the Porsche was very aggressive but didn't dive bomb because it could hold it's line and didn't overshoot.
    I think the Ferrari failed to defend and left the door open inviting the attack, with a car that close and with that approach speed you have to defend and take he inside line (early).

LATE4APEX likes this.
  19. David Danser

David Danser Racer

Ok, i was the yellow Ferrari so i should have defended more. But i really never expected a move this aggresive as i could have only avoided contact by missing the corner.

He was not even past my back wheels with his front when i turned in. I always thought you have to be at least side by side.
    But i could be wrong ofcourse, this is why i wanted some opinions. Does show that i need to be more aggresive myself in overtakes.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I have learned that some drivers put their cars in dangerous places and hope the lead driver doesn't turn in. When done correctly it's a legitimate move, "going for a gap" some call it. It's annoying having to defend by taking an inside line rather than the racing line but sometimes (often) you need to to prevent this type of move. Knowing when you need to is the trick as other drivers may decide a late lunge is to risky.I wouldn't say you need to be more aggressive , rather be aware that some drivers are, and position your car to make them take the long way around.