1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. This thread gonna blow up this time next week.

Turk, chksix, Snoeipaard and 2 others like this.
  2. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

What are the lapping rules for multiclass. Like in WEC?

3. GONKO

GONKO Racer

It happened to me again last night. I was leading a race, a guy kept bumping into me so I pulled off the track and just messaged him saying to please be careful and keep it clean. He then threatened to kick me out of the room LOL.
    So I just left the room.
    You can call it nonsense all you like, but it is true. Doesn't happen all the time.

4. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

So, you were in the lead and decided to pull aside and start chatting? And then the guy who inherited the lead from you, did the same?

You do understand that this again is not a plausible story right? It doesn't make any sense. There must have been other events that lead up to this. And as always, you are leaving these out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  5. Unfortunately Gt4s are not the problem im afraid :oops:.
    This guys is my favourate:

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

That hand at the end. :D Frustrated guy strike again, it's crazy.

7. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

How I'd love for the game to be able to assess 'revenge' drivers and for it to insta-ban immediately from ALL servers for XX amount of time.

I despise those who ram just because you dare overtake them.

chksix likes this.
  8. Oxie

Oxie Racer

When you let a computer decide these things, you have to be prepared for the computer making mistakes. If you got banned from all servers for some time because a computer mistakenly classified you as a rammer, you'd probably be very angry.

Pandora likes this.
  9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Could we please come back to the topic of this thread and have such conversations in another thread?

Pandora and David Danser like this.
  10. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Driver in the Lexus is a sore loser.

11. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

The other day I was on a spa server with not more than 4 users online, including me.
    In quali, one of the others decided to overtake me in Blanchimont. As I was on a flying lap myself, I let him pass without blocking, but stayed on the throttle. He passed me on the outside but pulled in so early that I (already on the very left side of the track) pinched his back with my right front, resulting in the inevitable spin.
    Two seconds later I got kicked from the server without further notice. Some people just should not get admin rights, I guess. :rolleyes:

However, back to topic!

Last friday I had a race with my #35 Porsche at Bathurst. All went surprisingly nice until the #63 Lambo rear-ended me in Quarry.
    Me: "WTF?"
    Him: "Why you pull over under braking? DUDE!"

Here's my point of view: I think I was far enough ahead of him to take my own line. I've kept the car quite in the middle of Mountain Straight to block him off, then went slightly to left (before braking!) to adjust my line for Quarry.
    At about 6 seconds into the video you see him heading for a space that neither is there nor has been there before. I don't even brake earlier than the laps before; the road coming from the left is my reference point.
    As I see it, he simply overshot ist.

But let the jury decide. :cool:

12. GONKO

GONKO Racer

He looks to have tapped you, sending you to the left just before the corner.
    There is no gap there at all, and an overtake attempt here was never going to work.
    Very bad driving from the Lambo....aweful.

romandevision, AndyK70 and Winston like this.
  13. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Are you sure you didn't brake earlier and what was your pace on the prior laps?

Braking points as i can see them in the vid:
    lambo (white) on the 100m sign
    porsch (orange) a few meters behind the sign
    optimal (green) between 100 and 50 but slightly closer to 50
    [​IMG]

If your pace was 2:01 - 2:02 then you certainly took the lambo by surprise. Compromising your entry by going semi-defensive is weird and didn't help for sure, but your choise.

It it's in the realm of 2:03 - 2:05, then it's a case of the Lambo completly overestimating himself.

14. aotto1977

Maybe I breaked some meters earlier than usual because I was not right on the ideal line, but definitely not on purpose. I avoid breaking earlier when someone's that close behind me, for obvious reasons. ;)
    But that's about my normal breaking point. (From the onboard view it's when the piece of tarmac starts on the left.)

Nah, I'm a slow fart. My best laptime is a low 2:05.
    I just watched the replay of the Lambo's laps before; in lap 2 he braked at about the same mark, in lap 3, whilst defending against another car, he even braked way before the 100m sign.
    So don't see any reason to be surprised by my breaking maneuver. Also he didn't complain about me breaking to early, but changing the line. But again: Even before I pulled over that meter to get a better corner entry (while he was still behind me), there was no gap he could possibly fit through.
    Instead I think he was frustrated, because at the end of lap 2 he got a tap in the side (not by me) in The Chase and had to take the long way through the gravel, and was trying to make up positions a bit too optimistic.

15. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

right, it's 100% on the lambo driver then.

Your overall pace wasn't obvious from the replay alone, that's why i mentioned it.

16. aotto1977

Thanks for your analysis, @moeppling! Also, I might try braking later into Quarry the next time.

17. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

My simple opinion - Lambo fault.

To me, it looks like the Lambo fault.
    Was this the first lap he was following you?
    How quickly did he catch you?

If the lambo is alot quicker than you, he wanted to get the overtake before the mountain.
    You weren't on the racing line, or covering the inside, just in the middle, which is frustrating for a following car.. its like choose a line dude.

I run 2:06's in Bentley and brake at the first tarmac part, but that is from onboard.
    From the screenshot, it looks like you broke alot earlier than that, but its not an onboard.

Like I said... 100% lambo since he was following. He should have been patient and held back until after the mountain for the overtake if he was quicker than you.

AndyK70 likes this.
  18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I'm going conform with the others, it's all on the Lambo. He wants to pass you, he has the obligation to find a safe way for doing it. You wasn't driving erratic, so no complaining here.
    As already mentioned, you could have defended better by taking the inner line, leaving enough room on the outer line for his car. He never had a chance to pass you on the outside, but would have had enough space when he overshoots not to kill you.
    So not for his sake, but for your own, better decide which line you take a stick to it. Occupying the middle of the road just adds anger to the following driver and eventually he will try things taking out both of you.

19. aotto1977

Hehe, I was just following @Aristotelis' advice (@5:52 – the forum software ate my timestamp) :D

AndyK70 likes this.
  20. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

6:27 "But obviously to do something like this, you need to know that you are in a grid with people who know how to race."

Haha, Aris knew it in advance :D

dek, chksix and AndyK70 like this.