1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I'm not trying to be a pain in the *** here, but did he defend against your overtake at t1, or did he just turn in on the racing line, because you were too far back to even attempt one? It kinda makes all the difference here.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Neilski likes this.
  2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Well... that's on you.
    If you can't overtake on corner entry, brake earlier, leave enough space to the car in front that you are able to accelerate earlier and get him on the exit. GT3s are able to accelerate much earlier and better than GT4, but you have to have the space in between to compensate for the earlier acceleration.
    If you are close to the GT4 at apex you can't take that advantage because you have to wait for the GT4 to accelerate before you can and GT4s are pretty good at accelerating and most even have good top speed.
    Change your way of approaching those overtakes, adapt your driving. Practice will do.

Hagen and Neilski like this.
  3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yeah, seems likely to lack skill and experience.

And having seen this in your video clip, I still think it's a combination of an inept bit of driving from him and you being further to the left than he expected (quite a lot left of the line). Or of course he could have done it intentionally, in which case all bets are off! :D

Do you have video footage of this? That would help us understand what went wrong. As the others have said, a good exit onto the straight combined with pulling to the right nice and early and it's simply all over at T1, unless he had way more straight line speed. He was after all being lapped, so having a lapping car alongside (or nearly so) on approach to T1 is a pretty clear signal.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  4. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Hmm, I thought @Rabbitsensei was lapping another GT3.

AndyK70 and Snoeipaard like this.
  5. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

How do you see a defensive line there? He stuck to his racing line and you dive bombed in from several car lengths away. When he made contact it probably was, because he is not very experienced when it comes to close racing through corners and you did not give him the room a beginner needs. Sure, he should just have let you go and should not have retaliated under any circumstances, but I think the first contact is on you, because you are the faster and more experienced driver.

Please refer to the SRO flag rules here:
    https://sro-esport.com/ak/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/SPORTING-CODE-SRO-E-Sport-Championship.pdf

I have chosen this document, because it explains clearly what is expected when under blue flag.
    "Blue flags follow the SRO regulation: it is advisory only, slow/lapped drivers do not have to pull aside, they can stay on their line."

Snoeipaard and Neilski like this.
  6. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

I think this dicussion is done here, some people dont even know or remember the initial clip and talk about Gt4s while it was a GT3 backmarker overtake. Assume it was a beginner driver while it was a race on the highest stint in the Competition servers.

Nada, JanR and After_Midnight like this.
  7. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Again, not to be a pain in the ***. But I'm trying not to make any assumptions here. I am actually trying to double check things with you, but you keep giving me unclear and evasive aswers at best if any at all.

I feel the video and your enclosed story do not show the backmarker doing anything wrong. So, tbh at the moment as far as the question "Who's at fault" here is concerned; based on the information you have given us, in my opinion it's you.

Also again, your divebomb is ofcourse no excuse for him taking you out like that at the end. I don't think anyone here would disagree with you on that.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  8. Just show the previous 2 laps.

sadi and Snoeipaard like this.
  9. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Can we just overall tone down the bUt SRO dOes it ThAt wAy ? :rolleyes:

It's a 50 car endurance racing championship. Ofc you don't "police" lapped traffic it would be a nightmare.

You are a lap down, in a short race, in a game. Be a proper person and just gtfo. You're not that important.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

To be honest there is a lot of nitpicking over what is a clear cut incident.
    I don't think I can contribute anything else on this one.

11. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Did you watched the video? He ended my race, wtf is there even to question??? Like why should i ever race a damn CP race ever again, when i just get taken out by some guy that is mad, after we make contact and like literally nothing happens to him or me. He drifted a little bit we both had probably 1 sec. of damage thats it and youre still trying to argue that its fully my fault?

Phils13 got the point:

12. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I'm pretty sure the debate isn't about the guy taking you out at the end. Seems pretty clear who's at fault there.

I think you should always ask yourself, if you could have done things differently.

AndyK70 and Neilski like this.
  13. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Eh?? Literally NOBODY has questioned that him ending your race was beneath contempt. It was the first collision that had raised some doubts, not the obvious take-out move afterwards.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that also literally NOBODY has said it was fully your fault. Best case scenario for him, it was partly on you, but even then he bears significant blame and probably most of it.
    Yes.
    Any time a noob ends your race, you may learn a little about how to handle the next one differently.
    Many of them won't even know you are there at all. Others won't even realise that they are a lap down. Some of the ones that do know they are a lap down still have no clue that fighting a pass is illegal when being lapped.
    You've mentioned the T1 door-closing incident and 2 or 3 of us asked to see how that had looked. Might be something to discuss there about racecraft, no?

Salvatore Amato and Snoeipaard like this.
  14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Yes, you two are right. In this incident in my mind I mismatched the slow (lapped) GT3 with a GT4.
    This takes nothing away from my suggestions how to overtake in a safe manner.
    If you replace "GT4" with "blue flagged GT3" in my post, it still remains valid.

Neilski likes this.
  15. Martiparti87

Martiparti87 Rookie

CP race today. Black Ferrari is one lap down in last place and has just come out from the pits. Im in the blue ferrari in 6th place.

Do you consider this to be a situation where he should have respected the blue flags?

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Of course.

AndyK70 and NemethR like this.
  17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Black Ferrari driver has no idea what is going on. Most likely a clueless noob.

18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

He had several opportunities to let you pass without losing much time and he was not in a fight for position.
    So: Yes

19. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Also he was clearly fighting him in the 2nd of the Gauche corners, while rejoining the track.

20. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

I love that type of player. Forces you to divebomb them because they're completely ignoring blue flags - then if/when you accidentally tap them they decide to deliberately take you out :rolleyes: