1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Absolutely! That's the reason I do that in the sim and I can guarantee you that good drivers don't give a f*** and continue to hammer it down making no mistakes while other start only to focus on your lights. The latter should start to concentrate on their driving and not on moaning about people flashing their lights

baboon, LATE4APEX and After_Midnight like this.
  2. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Regarding flashing - I don’t like it, but all real pro drivers do it very very often and it is “official” part of strategy to distract other drivers. Nice example is last few minutes from this years GTWC Misano (watch from 01:07:22)

Personally I using flashing only if someone using some dirty techniques. And I flash once when I approach to backmarker when I am in very close battle with someone.

And if someone trying to distract me with it, I’ve learned to just ignore it.

Regarding the incident - there was very slight touch, not even racing incident so I don’t see why playerxyz do that. The revenge is really bad behavior and unsportsmanlike.

3. Oxie

Oxie Racer

When someone behind me flashes their lights repeatedly, it tells me they're an unsafe driver and that I should watch out. Almost every single rage-flasher I've encountered ended up wrecking. I appreciate the warning.

4. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

Slightly off-topic, but I really think some basic rules displayed on the loading screen would be a good idea (similar to csgo if you play).

Stuff like: "You can flash your lights up to 3 times between corners"

"It is the overtaking cars responsibility to complete the move safely. Especially in multi-class races"

"Always check the track is clear before rejoining"

I think slowly educating the wider community about this sort of thing could improve the public lobby experience.

David Danser, stp86, chksix and 2 others like this.
  5. baboon

baboon Alien

That's the funny thing with flashing. It is used with intention to distract the driver ahead, which doesn't work on good drivers anyway, but it also distracts the driver using the button and some guys I believe flash themselves into rage mode :D

6. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

It's great fun to just let these guys pass and force them into errors. And when it really is a faster driver, it's fine for me not fighting him to the last breath.

7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I thought Player XYZ defended just within acceptable limits. The final contact was unnecessary with Player XYZ at fault clearly, the flashing is irrelevant.

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Assuming they can pass in the first place. I was once at Monza and this … hotlapper came up behind me, flashing his headlights. He was definitely quicker than me, but I was in P4 or thereabouts, so I can't have been too slow either. Anyway, he comes up behind me on the main straight, flashes his headlights a few times, I stick to the left and let him have the inside into T1. He goes alongside, but doesn't make it stick. He keeps flashing me throughout the lap. Then he gets a good exit out of Ascari, I take the inside into Parabolica to defend, he tries to do it around the outside and I thought he would finally get through, but he overcooks it, goes wide and slots back behind me, flashing in frustration. We go around once more, and he again gets a run down the main straight, headlights flashing desperately. I again stay to the left and let him have the inside. He cuts massively across the T1 kurb, gets airborne, hits me on the side and spins himself out. He called me “****ing slow” in the chat and ragequit.

I wasn't even defending that hard, I was mostly just waiting for him to get it done. Unfortunately, he invested all his skill points into pace and flashing, and none into overtaking.

9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^ If some one has to flash his lights to pass you, they don't have the pace that deserves to pass anyway,... its called RACING for a reason.

But it looks like idiots think that is racing.

If Qualifying,... OK, use the lights.

Or to signal that you are driving unprofessionally, but not simply because you CAN'T pass.

10. Felge Schneider

That actually sounds hilarious. I had a Monza race on wet drying surface once.
    I had rain tyres, the other one probably slicks. Since it was drying up and my tyres overheating massively, he had a massive advantage on the straights where he overtook me several times, but overshot almost every corner, losing the position again.

Flashing, though I don't use it very much, is a part of GT3 racing. It's like trashtalk in other sports.

11. k-led-83

k-led-83 Rookie

I'm usually a very clean driver (99 sa) but it's the first time i have so many incidents in one race, do you think i am too much agressive or impatient?

First incident, i bring more speed then him before the turn, i'm inside and in front, so i think i own the turn, and i did give enough space?

Second incident, i know i'm much faster than him so i try to "scare" him by moving inside (i know its not good to do this) but he also move inside in the braking zone, but luckily i avoid the crash.
    Obviously he miss the turn because he was looking the mirrors and i get a better exit. And then whether he rage against me or he forget to brake.

Third incident, i stay on my line and braked early.

Neilski and chksix like this.
  12. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

First one is a racing incident, both of you left room but at the same time could have left more. Second and third one not your fault

k-led-83, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  13. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

You look fine to me, there are too many people who when you are along side them drive as if you are not there and make no allowance.

k-led-83, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@k-led-83
    1st incident: Not your fault, even though you still had a bit space left on your right. you could have taken the corner a bit tighter but the Ferrari was going for the Apex. Before turning in he was on the outside of the racing line (darker underground) and when he hit you he was nearly in the middle of the racing line, so he crossed the "line". :D

2nd incident: Good maneuver, you forced him into an error used the switchback at the exit of the chicane and passed clean. He then over shoot the next corner, nothing you could have done. Btw... when going into turn 2 did that same Ferrari #961 hit you again, the same way by going to tight into the corner? o_O

3rd incident: well, you didn't overshoot the turn in of the chicane, he just drove into you. On the other side that is not a corner where you are expecting two cars to enter together. So in your situation, where you are only half way alongside I would have backed out of this and let him have the racing line. hmmm difficult to pick a culprit... 60%:40% to blame you I would say.

15. k-led-83

k-led-83 Rookie

Thanks everyone.

Yes lol, but to be fair, i watch the replay and he couldn't see mee in the cockpit view and i think he was thinking that i crash with the Bentley, so i suppose that he drive without the radar/helicorsa unfortunately.

But he was a good driver most of the time, he was driving at 1:28:4 and i was at 1:27:7
    and look how close the finish was lol

Very nice of him to let me the space, a lot of people would close the door.

Neilski and AndyK70 like this.
  16. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

In the first video, the Ferrari is just oblivious. It's up to the driver how to deal with that, but getting by as fast as possible isn't a bad option in that case.

In the 2nd video, the Bentley is just purely panicking. First being startled by a late dive from behind, then braking too late because another attacker from behind.
    I'm not sure if there would have been space in the chicane if the Bentley didn't overshoot it, but turn 1 was the Bentley's mistake.

Can't really comment on the 3rd video because I really don't know how much space there is in the chicane. The less space there is, the more the blame shifts towards the Mercedes.
    In general, it's kind of stupid to go this far inside when attacking. In my theory, you actually want to be closer because the racing lines trough the turn will be more similar. This would result in smaller speed differences if the cars are to collide. Resulting in less damage in case of a collision. So going this far inside is a sign to the driver in front that the likelyness of getting ****ed up is big.

Neilski and AndyK70 like this.
  17. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

I was just driving behind and watching this stuff happening, watch until he hit the wall, I think it's hilarious xD

Winston, AndyK70 and chksix like this.
  18. Felge Schneider

Lol, I hope he deleted the game afterwards.

chksix and HomieFFM like this.
  19. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

For me, if its qualifying AND both on quick laps, then car behind didn't leave enough of a gap when starting his fast laps.
    If I'm doing my qualy laps and you are 0.5 sec behind me when you want to start one (either out of pits, recovering, etc), then its your fault and not mine.
    I try to be considerate to make sure that I have a 5+ sec gap ahead of you when I start my qualy hot laps. I might not be the fastest, but that should give 3 good qualy laps.
    If we're both on a warm up lap, I make sure that I get a 5 sec gap to the car ahead. Car behind should do the same.

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed, you must display a minimum of intelligence when qualifying, to avoid the circumstances you depicted here.

After_Midnight likes this.