1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

A very good point except there was no one ahead (close) and no way he could have caught them up (unless they had a mishap), he was actually hotlapping and to be honest me sitting behind him and not putting him under pressure would mean that I was hotlapping too, which I had no intention of doing.
    The issue with that is he was faster on the straights, so would have made ground on me resulting in a rubber band effect where he would pull away, I would catch him up on a corner and not take any chances to overtake.
    It would be a little like farming for SA. I am not sure he would have lifted off the gas and let me past at all.

Still, an interesting debate.

2. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Just because theres no one ahead doesnt mean he's not racing, there are still people behind him quite close and he can lose places. And you're a lapping car you're not supposed to put him under pressure you're out of competion here.
    How long have been behind him ? Also why dont you made it more obvious you're going to make a move. You move out at the 50m board and i think you're even in his blindspot if he's not using the radar. Hard to see because of the camera angle.

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Correct.

But what reducing the ratio does, which I did quite a while back, is require less rotation of the steering wheel to get the same resultant "rotation" of the front wheels.

But reducing the ratio does NOT change anything regarding limitation
    I don't have any problems with ACC, never had, found the steering ratio setting by actually checking the set-up options, it wasn't by accident.

This is called a support forum for a reason, search and you shall learn, or ask pointed questions, not just that you don't like how ACC is actually a SIM, not so much a game.

ACC does behave different than most racing games, as it is a SIM, but that doesn't mean that it is wrong.

And as far as the steering ratio adjustment, it really has nothing to do with how a car turns in, that is due to how you set up the car, which can found here in many places on this SUPPORT FORUM.

If you don't understand what understeer means, do a little research, understeer is what causes you to not make a corner, not steering ratio, of coarse along with driving style, that in it self , is something you have to also learn, and not blame ACC.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  4. Correct :)
    Again this is nothing personal but I've to disagree here.
    @NemethR is absolute right in his post. In every point he made. With all rights to blame Kunos. Even it's off topic but Kunos failt atm to explain the stuff ingame. They can't expect every gamer search for information about ACC in the support forum. Kunos replied already this problem is known and they'll work on it later because of limited time.
    And pls stop your game/simulation thingy. Its a pointless argument and leads to absolute nothing.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  5. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

But am I not racing too?
    Ok I may not be in the running for a podium, but there is still a chance for a good battle and to increase (or decrease) ratings etc.
    I have overtaken numerous other drivers where if I hadn’t taken chances (like most drivers do) I would still be at the back of the pack.
    Just because I start last or even lapped doesn’t mean I have to just sit hot lapping at the back, or what’s the point in joining at all.
    BTW, I don’t usually join races that have started but noticed this one was on lap 1 still so hoped to join from the pits at the back of the pack, but then heard them coming in to start lap 2 and didn’t want to join in front of the leaders so waited for them to pass.
    I guess in hindsight I should maybe stick to my own rules of not joining an already started race unless it’s still on lap 1.
    A thought for the day.... what is worse, joining an already running race or rage quitting a race not going your way?
    Thanks for replies though.

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Ofc you're racing too. But not against the guy (Lexus) ahead of you.
    So maybe as a rule: If you're not that much faster just stay behind ;) If you're much faster go for it in a safe way.

Thug likes this.
  7. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

"A thought for the day.... what is worse, joining an already running race or rage quitting a race not going your way?
    Thanks for replies though."

That's like asking: What's harder- Walking forward in swim fins, or walking backwards in flip-flops? Answer: You look like an idiot either way!

JanR, grrdabrr, Racert46 and 2 others like this.
  8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Have to disagree.
    Are you stating that @NemethR is correct in blaming ACC for his inablility to drive on ACC, was simply because ACC did not explain Steering Ratio, which he stated was what was behind his "difficulties",... which is completely incorrect.

Plus, again with the,... "all other games" thingy used by some here,... absolutely useless. (not you)

As far as your game/simulation thingy,... of coarse ACC has gaming features, like racing against AI.

But if someone had used "all other games", that person would be able to apply that experience to ACC, understeer for example means the same thing, in ANY decent racing "game/sim".

The reason I separate "games" and "sims", is an attempt to highlight the vast difference there can be with ACC physics and FBB,... and other "games", one cannot expect some one to come from any game to ACC, and not experience difficulties with the transition,... simply stating having no problems with other games,... but "ACC doesn't work for me",... is useless.

Yes I agree,... wow,... :),... with you that ACC is lacking to some degree with explanations, but defiantly NOT,... "0 explaination for anything", plus, pretty much every important set-up point can be found on this "support forum", if someone takes to time to search.
    If some one has time to "play" with a racing "game", they have time to do some research and learn.

This world would be a dull place with disagreement.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  9. @LATE4APEX
    My response is about the lack of explanations in game which can lead very easy in complaining the game itself. I can imagine the entry can be very hard for newcomers. I count myself to the much more expierenced part but I still have to collect useful information all over the place. My avantage in this case I know where I'll find these information. But newbies might not even known this forum here.
    Also I don't call the current state "ACC is lacking to some degree with explanations". For me it's done to some degree ;)
    That's the reason for me to agree with @NemethR

Sorry for offtopic. :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Amother from me.
    This was from this evening and shows the full lap to give it some context.
    I had started this race in about p15 (out of 19) due to not having time to qual.
    I over took the others fairly easily and overtook this guy quite easily too, to get p10 (where I finished).
    it may look as though I dive bombed him, but actually was nowhere near, and only took that line because every one before he had gone wide.
    Anyway, when I got passed him he then went in for the dive bomb on the last chicane.

On a side note, look at his driving. Do you think he is over driving or using a controller.

On another note, why is the quality soooo bad? I use OBS. Does anyone have any settings I can use to make it better in the future please?

BTW, if you wish to comment on my driving please feel free.

11. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I can share with you my settings but it might be useful only if you have a PC with similar specs. What processor do you have?

Thug and After_Midnight like this.
  12. As you wish:
    Your braking points and throttle inputs seems to be ok expect turn 2 and turn 12. If you just lift the throttle and coast like you do the car will understeer and you will miss the apex. If you tap the brake before the corner the front end will get load and turn in much faster.
    But mate you have a "terrible" racing line. :p You've to use the track much more. You've have to extent the track to its limits and attack the curbs. You're driving too much conservative. Which is good to stay on track but not fast at all. Please don't take this as an offense. ;) And take this not as an advertising for my channel :D but:

Have a look at the more faster line. :cool:

Hard to say. It can also be also related to high ping and package loss. The will result in movement like you saw in front of you.
    I already advised to a guy in multiplayer to get a steering wheel as soon as possible because of the sudden unsmoothy movements. The guy answered he is using a T300RS. :D So it was netcode related in this case. Another guy was fast as f... and very smooth at the track. He was using a gamepad. So it's really hard to make a statement about the input devices.

About your incident:
    Did you touched the McLaren at turn 7? It's hard to see and there seems to be some kind of warping too.
    If so, your fault only. If not, all fine. :) But even if you touched the rear slightly the going off track of the Mac was not a result of it. Mistake of the Mac driver.
    There should be no question about the incident in the Veedol/NGK chicane. Absolute stupid move for whatever reason.

So this time I can't blame you at all :D

I'm sorry but I can't help you OBS wise. I'm using Bandicam for recording the replay ingame and Magix Video Deluxe for cutting and rendering.

Greets After_Midnight

Thug likes this.
  13. Thug's signature:
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 ram,
    MoBo: Gigabyte X99-UD4,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" BenQ 4K monitor (x2) or Samsung 43" Ultra Wide,
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (for games), 240GB Samsung SSD (Operating System), Plus 3 others,
    Steering: Accuforce DD2 wheel, SST shifter and Fanatec v3 pedals and handbrake, Pearl Throne Thumper, SFX100 full motion rig.

If you're at a mobile phone you can use the landscape mode to make the signatures visible.

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Thanks.

I am not offended at all and will seek all the help I can get to make me faster, and for that I thank you.
    I will take a look at your channel in a minute,

As for turn 7, no I didn't touch him at all thankfully.

EDIT
    Just watched you video and you are around 2 seconds faster than me, so yeah, I have a lot to learn.

15. There might be two reasons at least for that:
    - using a more aggressive line around the track
    - using a left hand drive

Just kidding by the second reason :D
    The used setup and car can make also a big difference. Beside the taken racing line.
    If non of the presets suits your driving style it's easy to lose a lot of time and hard to get the last tenth out of the car.
    Two different setups results in a laptime difference at Spa of 1.5 - 2.0 seconds in my case for example.

BTW: I like this thread and the way the discussions are done. :)

16. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Everyone knows that right hand drive is best.
    I use my own set up, although its mainly based on aggressive with changes mainly to psi, front/rear ride height, bit of rear wing and fuel load.
    I do need to learn more about other settings, but do have an understanding (used to race a GSXR600r many years ago), but by no means an expert.

As for Spa, I really struggle to get under 2:22 (I think), so WAY off the mark.
    The problem is, its such a long track, that any mistakes take ages to get right next lap, with lots of chances to make new mistakes in between.

I too like this thread. I don't care if I drive rubbish and someone tells me, its all part of the experience.

17. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Your pass was actually a dive bomb- And his dive bomb was actually a takeout attempt.

You should learn where the passing spots are for each track and understand why this is not one. The line on this curve is a long, crossing, high speed entry, and any out-breaking move puts you on marbles and on a collision course to the other guys committed line. Turn's 1, and the chicane are the easiest and, more importantly, the safest places to pass at this track. And maybe turn 3- but you have to surprise someone to get them here and plan on completing the pass on T4 exit.

I don't attempt a braking pass unless I'm less than one car length behind and set up on the inside. This will telegraph your intentions, but makes for much safer racing.

Thug likes this.
  18. michael_

michael_ Simracer

TBH I don't think either matter.
    I think you shouldn't have been "racing" cars that were a lap ahead but their best strategy should have just been to let you pass - you weren't going to catch up to them, and you'd eventually get black flagged when you ignore the blue flags if they catch up again.

Thug likes this.
  19. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I certainly don't think my 'pass' was a dive bomb as I passed on the straight after he had gone off the track.
    Ok, my move prior to the pass could be considered as being one, but he had been going wide on the last 3 laps I was behind him so saw an opportunity. However when he didn't go wide I backed off, so no dive bomb made.
    If I hadn't been as close as I was I may not have got passed him when he did go off.

Here is a bonnet cam view of that corner...

20. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I guess that's the best reason for not joining a race that has already begun.
    Not only can you not overtake anyone, but you also have to pull over for slower cars.
    No fun at all.