1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. GONKO

GONKO Racer

But I am offering genuine advice here, some guys need to spend some time with AI, or stay offline altogether. The fact is, I have limited time and I don't want to spend that time being crashed into by some idiot who thinks a corner should play out a certain way, because in his head that how it works...nothing else matters.
    In the video above the guys runs off track and rejoins into the Aston ruining his race.
    In my videos, the following Ferrari driver completely mis-judges the braking of me....and bear in mind that any fool sees me on a tighter line. This is just poor racecraft and typical of hotlappers.
    Then we have the bomb on the Audi, who has already began to turn in....again a stupid move where the same offender rage quits and blames everyone else.
    I will continue to advise these people stick to hotlapping or AI as they just look stupid online and ruin other peoples races.

2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You are funny!

3. devil in me

devil in me Racer

someone brave enough to put another incident :)

i'm missing the discution. :D

i will force one, for us to judge then.

David Danser likes this.
  4. dek

dek Racer

Oh, there are plenty of them. But unfortunately not covered.:p

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

You make me laugh @GONKO

You appear on this thread, showing examples of your (often quite dodgy) driving, looking to validate that you were in right as someone has called you out in the chat, and as soon as hear a different view to your own...you form the opinion they are a newbie and should only be racing against the A.I. If you are not interested in other people views and acknowledging/understanding why drivers may quite rightly have a differing and valid view of the incident I don't know why you are here? One thing is clear from all of the video's in this thread is that usually, it takes two to tango (or tangle!) and rarely can you put an incident wholly on one driver.

Until you are prepared to accept other people opinions gracefully, and perhaps even learn from them...then your participation here really is a waste of everyone's time (apart from the undoubted comedy value)

bhowe83, JanR, sps_for_race and 5 others like this.
  6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Spoken like a true hotlapper he he :D

JanR, chksix, AndyK70 and 4 others like this.
  7. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Well, here we go. Qualified first. Rari abused the starting grid system to the fullest & forced the contact. Imo a classical Schuhmacher / Gonko move.

After_Midnight and David Danser like this.
  8. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Well i think its hard to put blame on anyone there. The fact u were pole but he got a better start its on u. Dont really think the system for rolling start interferes with anything.

That said, he is ahaed of u, he did race u hard from the start there, but i don't see besides being to harsh for a start he doing anything wrong. I do understand your frustration completly. But i dont see a blame on him.
    I would be red mad with smoke out of the ears , but watching as a spectator i really dont see nothing besides your " inability" to keep it on the inside. ( and no im not saying i would have the ability to do it.)
    Did u saw that comment i did here about Gonko, how he should have defended with a pinch ? well that guy did it on you at 100% perfection. Its a dirty move but a valid one just like a divebomb. as long as its done properly.

Thats how i see this one :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Ferrari didnt leave much room though, and he didnt cleary have the corner so I dont think the Merc had to back off IMO. Ferrari's fault for me, real cheaky and totally unnecessary as he could have gone wider and still come out first.

10. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

@devil in me Idk, i feel like you can see him attempting to take a much too tight line halfway through the corner, overrotating the car and resulting in a little slide. With such a "bad" entry (1 1/2 car witdths off the ideal line) i wasn't expecting him to attempt that.

11. GONKO

GONKO Racer

The Merc forced the contact here. Ferrari defended the corner. Merc doesn't give up and fails to hold a tight enough line, causing contact.
    There has to be a point at which you give up on a move. You left yourself one variable outcome, and that was pass or crash.
    As you gain experience you learn not to push moves like that on t1 of the opening lap.
    But we have all done it...jut learn from it.

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

The Ferrari unnecessarily created the conditions where the risk pf contact was high but not inevitable as he left enough room, just.
    I think he has to take a share of the blame but as you hit him I think it's 60/40 on you.

I'm not up on the official rolling start rules but surely you can't pass the pole man before the green light?

AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  13. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

It's easily doable, don't know if it's a combination of the poleman not being as aggressive as possible and the 2nd place being perfectly on his mark or simply a bug. But I've done it multiple times while respecting the procedure. Not quite right but then again, if the poleman is sleeping, why wouldnt you take it if you were right on the money.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I don't see him overrotating the car, i see him keeping the line he chose. What i see its the pole getting caught sleeping at the start and the second taking advantage of it. On that moment u are just a car behind another one, not really the pole anymore.
    He let the door open enough for a car on his inside, its up to that car to chose if he goes for it or he back off and live to fight another lap.

Even if he closes the door and gives no room to another car, at that moment u have to realize by yourself u have lost that battle there, you need to back off and slot behind.

15. devil in me

devil in me Racer

So about the official rules if i not mistaken , what u can't do his being ahaed of the pole at the cross of the start/finish line. That said im not enterily sure if that for only the cars behing ( jumping start) or for everyone. Dont forget that the second don't have anyone in front of him as well, he has a clear track up in front, the other car is at his side not at his front, the advantage of the pole, its being on the inside for the first corner.

Imagine this situation, the pole as a weak launch and the second needs to lift just because the other car in pole doesnt have the power at start? i dont see it making sense. that would cause a kaus on the grid even before the race starts, its already cautic the way it is both in game and real live. As soon as the green goes, both cars in front of the grid are at the same level. The pole as the advantage of being inside of first corner if he loses that its on him.

And imagine even this other situation, the pole its a retard and we know there are many laying around there, and at the green he decides to lift or not go, just to give others black flag...
    it would be pretty to see everyone crashing on others.

Its green u go. as long as no one jump start its up to both guys in front to keep theirs positions.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Found the rules, see below.
    So this begs the question, is it fair game to exploit a bug to gain an advantage like this?
    Personally I like to and expect others to hold their position but obviously others are okay with it.

190. When all cars are lined up side-by-side for the start, the Official Leading Car will reduce the speed of the field to 50 km/h before pulling off the track into the pit lane. From that moment, the car on pole position will be in charge of the speed. The leader will then slowly increase his speed to a maximum of 110 Km/Hr by the moment of the start. Drivers are not allowed to overtake before they see the green start lights.

https://racb.com/fileadmin/user_upload/S02_Blancpain_GT_Series_2018_Sporting_Regulations_LR.pdf

AndyK70 and moeppling like this.
  17. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

I'm catching him right up to the braking zone, so - technically - he had the worse start. He just accelerated to ~75km/h and slowed down to 70km/h prior to the start finish line. Pretty sure that that's excactly what i said it is. Abusing the system.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  18. XanderSJX

XanderSJX Rookie

First thing, it would be ruled as racing incident in my opinion. Now for purpose of this thread we can discuss guilt. Ferrari is ahead, but not fully. He takes the corner but doesn't count on car he has on inside. on entry they are good but he tightens his line without including possibility that car behind will hit the curb and be thrown back on track. Inexperience or. hotlapping attitude, you call it as you wish. That is fault from Ferrari side.
    Now Merc, is slowly getting more overlap as we approach the corner. So he has right to the space. But not much he can do when Ferrari tightened the corner in the middle. Not much fault from merc driver in my opinion except... From driver that uses trick as getting that start advantage you should expect closing doors and other stuff. I would still keep this as 50-50 incident.

sps_for_race and AndyK70 like this.
  19. David Danser

David Danser Racer

I would say racing incident, it was a risk going for the inside. The Ferrari could have left more room as well.

Nice safe btw

After_Midnight and AndyK70 like this.
  20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

First of all he shouldn't have jumped the start, and there is no reason he couldn't have left more room and not lost his unfairly gained advantage. That being said we all know there are d*cks online so maybe blending in behind and looking for a pass later would have been wiser.

P.S I must remind myself of that in the heat of the moment ::)