1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Well... the Ferrari is ahead. This point in time all cars are still running slow and waiting to get green. So he does not comply to the rules:
    upload_2020-12-3_12-37-18.png

Errr, no? The pole setter is at least a car length ahead of the 2nd car, just on the other side of the track. Where in this case the Ferrari is not doing so.

What are you talking about? The Ferrari is ahead way before the green light, you can hear the moment when all cars jump on the gas and the Ferrari was already ahead way before it.

Which they are not.
    The Ferrari has a head start but does not outperform the pole sitter. The moment when he begin to brake because the Ferrari squeezed him he was with his front wheels next to the rear wheels of the ferrari. Right before the green light, only his front bumper was at the same height as the Raris rear bumper. So clearly the got a better start than the Ferrari.

upload_2020-12-3_12-46-6.png

For the incident itself... well... not so easy.
    Imho the Ferrari cheated on the start, which made him being in the position to squeeze and take advantage over the Merc.
    If this would have been not at the start but in a racing lap I'd say the Merc should have backed out and blamed the Merc. The Ferrari did a good job of defending and scaring the Merc.
    But (!) as the Ferrari was cheating on the start and that's the only reason which put him in that position, I blame the Ferrari for cheating and as a consequence being the root of that incident.
    As a race steward I wouldn't give him a penalty for the incident, but I would have given a DT for jump start.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    XanderSJX, JanR, bbman and 2 others like this.
  2. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

AndyK70 likes this.
  3. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I didnt read the others comments yet, so just my answer to this ... and when is the green light in ACC ? the car in second,, its watching that mini game to have the car at the end of the limits why isnt the pole doing the same ? its a race. it starts there.. if u dont really want to lose the position , u need to be watching that limit and stay ahaed.

not sure if u understand what im trying to explain :)

4. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Exploiting the limits and starting out of the green area is just cheating and not something everyone wants to do. It is the same with track cuts, you can exploit the amount of warnings and cut corners on purpose in a race a few times, but should you do that?

AndyK70 likes this.
  5. devil in me

devil in me Racer

your last part, yeah i see what u mean about the jump start.. but if the pole seater is not watching the minigame and the game ( ACC) alow the other one to be on front in the minigame.. i dont see the jump start.. i see him beating the pole at the minigame. I would not be able to say during a race, if im ahaed of the game at my side. sometimes the radar dont tell me that.. in reality the guy just looks at the side and see it... do u understand what im trying to say.. ?

6. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I will try to explain the same , ACC makes u stay at the far left at the start, and the pole at the far rigth... so the radar dont catch either cars on both sides. correct? if u are playing the mini game.. from your screen how can u tell the other car ( the pole ) its behind or ahaed of u ??? the guy its playing the minigame.. he is not looking at the side of the window... the pole relaxad on the minigame.... and lost the position...

7. devil in me

devil in me Racer

for example in IRac..... u dont have a minigame.... u have the green ligths and the start / finish line... u get a black flag if at the green ligth u are ahaed when passing trhought start/ finish.. what people in pole and second do .. its being close to each other so the second car watch what the pole its doing.. that's not possible in ACC,...

8. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

you seem to not understand that you can cheat at that "minigame", starting in front of the area that you are supposed to be in.

chksix and AndyK70 like this.
  9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Please don't defend cheating, your analysis was wrong , just accept it.

chksix and AndyK70 like this.
  10. devil in me

devil in me Racer

But isnt that allowed for both sides?? its the same as the pit exit limit. they say 50kph but you can go so as far as 69kph in qually at least... or praticing.. u saying thats cheating ? in a way yes. i see what u mean

11. devil in me

devil in me Racer

its not a question of being wrong.. but ok ...

12. I'll not react to the race start itself because there is no need for.

About the accident:
    I've to agree with everyone here who is putting the fault in the direction of the Mercedes.
    The Ferrari was already closing the available space for the Mercedes at the straight. He was in front and left just enough space through the corner for the Ferrari at the inside and stuck to his line.

The Mercedes on the other hand was not able to hold his line. He tried to use the curb as much as possible but slipped of the curb and touched the Mercedes. Nive catch btw.
    Given the fact it was the T1 of the race the Mercedes should holded back instead of the All In move.

devil in me likes this.
  13. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

You cannot enter that corner from that position and proceed with the "idealline" (rubbered line) halfway trough the corner. Pause 0:35 in the video. His line should've pretty much lead him straight towards the curb, followed by a tap of the brake just prior to the curb. Then get as much traction on the outside line and pray that the guy inside has bad acceleration trough T2. He pretty much dictated this by squeezing me, then kinda forgot about it and tried to take T1&2 as one corner with one braking zone. He decelerated too much and overrotated.

Suzuka isn't a particularly popular track, so i get it. I had plenty of practice on this track and actually quite good pace. This wasn't the first time that i got squeezed there/squeered someone else.

14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I think there was a 10 to 1 against u, case closed :)

Take what u think u can learn from all our comments and move to get us another one :)

David Danser and After_Midnight like this.
  15. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Did you count gonko? :eek: looks like a 2 to 1, but ill bite.

[​IMG]

16. long_chicken

long_chicken Rookie

I can understand both parties here.

For the start: You were maybe a little bit slow in accelerating to 70 km/h just by the fact how close car Pos. 3 is. If you you got the acceleration to 70 km/h nearly perfect you'd end up maybe side by side with the Ferrari. I don't know how he got that much in the front but have seen this in other races aswell and as long they get no penalty they the people will take advantage of it.

For 1st/2nd corner: The Ferrari takes a relatively close line and has that tiny slide/correction just before the hit. It is a very hard move (but unfortunately for you, still fair) and he self risks to get taken out. He was lucky enough not to spin. Nobody wanted to be 2nd and that was the result with the bad ending for you. When I'm on the outside in that first corner, I want to get to the outside that my right tyres just touches the tarmac and the left ones are fully over the curb. I assume you were thinking that he will do that aswell. In that case your line would have been fine.

I would give a DT for jump start and Racing incident for the corners....

XanderSJX, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  17. XanderSJX

XanderSJX Rookie

While we are on subject of "start mini-game". as ACC beginner if I may ask when and why was that added? I don't see what that brings to the experience, as all I use is 70 limit. When I am on grid I know if I need to be left or right so no issues there. I also know that I shouldn't bump guy ahead and shouldn't brake suddenly because of someone behind. Just basic common sense. Thanks in advance for explanation. :)

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Don't get me started on that start procedure, I have never liked it.
    But I guess trying to code a system that can reliably detect offenders must be on a par with trying to detect who's at fault in multi-car pile-ups with code.
    If you could come up with a reliable solution you'd need a lot of processing power to do it in real time.

AndyK70 and XanderSJX like this.
  19. It was added as an alternative start procedure to the "hold-your foot-down-and-stuttering-to-the-start" system like you still have in the single player mode. I think it came with version 1.3 of ACC.
    It is not perfect but I prefer it to the old one by much. Especially the old system led to much more problems at the Multiplayer.

Not for everyone, unfortunately.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Winston, XanderSJX and AndyK70 like this.
  20. XanderSJX

XanderSJX Rookie

@Winston @After_Midnight thanks for answers. I thought it was due to possible "put your foot down" issues in multiplayer as you said.

After_Midnight and Winston like this.