1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why am I still so slow?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vittau, Jul 22, 2018.

1. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Been watching the driver61 vids on YouTube which are good for understanding how to drive faster...

SidewayzShuffle// and jaxx_za like this.
  2. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I came I saw & gut feel to respond to look at data.

If no one is pointing out something is wrong in the claim, player will think it's exploit. Racing simulator is about looking at data & it's the correct way to use it. ;)

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ive been looking for data to understand your "driving tips" for a long time. I think I finally found the "bomb dive"

[​IMG]

I still do find it funny someone that knows the "exploits" and says sim racing takes "no skill" this same person is still well off pace. :eek:

Just maybe this guy has been wrong for a while? yet doesnt want to accept this fact obvious to nearly everyone else. :D

liakjim, paul_wev and V8_KB like this.
  5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@martcerv is angry & rely a meme gif animated pic. As long as no one open up, well yeah it is an exploit. When you're doing it wrong for many months without being aware, obviously it will be perceived that way.

Even if I'm not playing at all the game nor practice whatever... The pursuit of speed is still there at looking at data.

It's like those awesome setup guide where the car has bad behavior. The car got 80% grip in the back & 90% grip in the front. It teach you to correct the behavior by having the grip at 80% in the back & 80% grip in the front. ;)

Christina_Z likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im not angry in the slightest, you use the term bomb dive a fair yet I have no idea what it means. You claim to have found some exploits and say skill is not a factor so why arent you easily the fastest in AC?

Could it be because your lacking skill or your so called exploits arent working as you imagine them to be?

Using good basic driving technique and inputs works pretty well in AC. Real world guides and methods will help you get faster, not listening to @MrDeap unless wanting a good laugh is also a good way to avoid getting slower.

7. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's awesome the pursuit of 4+sec off pace. It's also the reason why OP struggle. ;)

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Last time I saw your times they weren't really alien like. Since you know the exploits (and they are more imortant than skill, duh), you also make YT vids and have your own guide... Why are you struggling then and have to come up with some bs excuses when posting your lap times?

Damn it, I took the bait again.

liakjim, LeiF and martcerv like this.
  9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

10. No I mean why do you still spout **** around ? Who cares what that one guy was doing. Literally every single one of your tips are misinformed, lack context or are just flat out wrong.

bondyboy likes this.
  11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I don't even understand the reason why you even post to claim it is wrong & total nonsense to look at data. If you don't care, well don't post in the first place.

Just try it. come off the brake first & turn in like driver61 claim. Result-> you get trolled.

Christina_Z likes this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You, the “data guy” have been proven wrong here so many times, and really in the most eloquent ways, that any race engineer would want to hang himself if your way was true...

13. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I'm not reading all these posts but did the OP ever figure out why so slow?

14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Can you point out what is misinformed from this very thread. ;)

The only thing people most will understand is they're getting trolled by driver61. :D

Christina_Z likes this.
  15. Nice brake traces. (And brilliant battles.)

Creegz and marmagas like this.
  16. Creegz

Creegz Racer

That had me tense the whole time hahaha. Some of those moves were quite close.

17. walkman2305

walkman2305 Rookie

Hi all. So I don t want to create a new topic here. Does processor performance affect lap time? And should the fps limit be placed under the 60 Hz monitor (if the answer is yes, how much?)? In practice I have 120 - 140 fps, in race 90. And I feel I have slowly acceleration in the straight line that another players, it can be dependent from performance pc? (i3 4160 with GeForce gtx 760 windforce)

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

wrong section, sorry

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  19. vittau

vittau Rookie

If it happens it's a serious bug, because the physics calculations should iterate over the system timer, and not fps. So even if you have a jittery system timer everything should be self-consistent.
    Most likely your problem is related to car tuning, bad corner exit and/or throttle application.