1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why aren't you using Track Attack?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, May 3, 2020.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I'll tell you below how I know.

This is a free app that runs on Windows and Macs. available from trackattack.io. I first heard about it, I think, from Ross Bentley. It was developed as a way to integrate data from just about any source. I used it with Harry's LapTimer. With Version 114 (current is 122) they released an Assetto Corsa plug-in. This was some time last year I think. Anyhow I started to use it and it works great.

The free version limits you to 25 sessions and only provides limited data channels -- speed, lat G, long G, Delta-T -- but for somebody just getting into data, like myself, this is plenty. The speed trace alone can tell you a lot about how you are driving. Yes, I know this stuff is available in AC, but with Track Attack you can do it on any computer at any time.

The paid version offers more channels (I don't know how many or which), video integration and unlimited sessions. You don't need this to start and may never need it.

I especially like the speed trace because it shows how I am getting on and off the accelerator, trail braking, etc. It would be nice to have Gsum (or a friction circle), but the individual G traces are useful. In particular, when you are doing things right, peak lateral Gs will be pretty close to peak negative longitudinal Gs, meaning you are getting all the grip you can pretty much all the time. Peak positive longitudinal Gs are limited by engine power.

Now, how do I know you aren't using it? Your data is synchronized with the cloud and is used to build a "leader board" for each track. There are a couple of entries on Laguna Seca and Mid-OH and about a half dozen for Spa but for most tracks I drive mine is the only entry, and I ain't that fast. What's interesting is there are a lot of entries for iRacing so you need to get with the program.

There are two problems and maybe they are just because I haven't figured out how to do it. It doesn't seem to be possible to get a consolidated record for a track; you get Real, AC and iRacing and have to jump back and forth if you want to compare. I haven't figured out how to compare my data with other drivers, although I know that is possible.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay My Disc brakes aren't glowing anymore? Jul 14, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues RSR Live Timing Issue - assists aren't correct Dec 27, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Current Special Events stats aren't displayed. May 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay View settings aren't honoured when cycling camera modes Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Race time gaps aren't working correctly Feb 11, 2019
    ACC Gameplay My laps aren't saving locally Sep 16, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues LaFerrari seat seams and logo aren't showing May 26, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Apps aren't controllable / don't react on inputs Apr 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Why there aren't damage model how old sims? Oct 11, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My thrustmaster pedals aren't able to map Jul 23, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime app gaps to cars ahead aren't working properly Oct 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Why aren't the japanese making racing sims? May 15, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My pedals aren't being seen. Feb 16, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Mods aren't working Dec 15, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds What aren't tc and abs in the car setup screens? Oct 24, 2014

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Ah, but I've checked that and as far as I can see it only records times for various drivers in various cars on various tracks in Assetto Corsa. I don't wish to minimize that. I've used it to see how far behind the curve I am.

But Track Attack can help you to see how you are getting those times and where you might be able to improve. Maybe you can carry more speed through a turn or get from gas to brake more effectively. Mere lap times can't help you with that.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

6. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I downloaded ACTI but never got it to work. Don't know anything about Motec.

I started to use Track Attack before they came up with the sim plug-ins, which is probably why I knew about it. I guess I thought the word would get around after that, but apparently, it didn't. I think the main feature is it can accept inputs from all sorts of sources so you can plot your actual driving from any number of data-logging devices and your sim driving in both AC and iRacing.

You can overlay multiple laps from different sources. You can easily compare how you are doing on the same track with comparable but different cars. For example, it has been interesting to compare the Audi S7 mod with the Porsche GTS mod. And, most important I think, you can do this on your regular computer, not your gaming computer. I don't know about you but I don't really like using my sim rig for anything else but driving. The seat and keyboard just don't handle easily.

You can also overlay your data against others if I ever figure out how to do that. This would be great if somebody was a lot better than you and you wanted to figure out why. You might not be able to get as good but you could find ways to improve. If you actually get on track it is interesting to compare track vs sim traces. I've improved my track times by experimenting in the sim.

I've not really used the leader boards except to note they were there. Sometimes I want to find out how bad I really am but RSR is a lot better for that in AC. In Track Attack it is very difficult to find out what car is being used and there is no info on some of the stuff RSR lists.