1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why do some people dislike wide roads?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Kevin Knorpp, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

Just curious because I love wide roads provided the LINE is narrow and have fun finding the line on wide roads ; especially in vintage supercars.

Also, the variation in possible/chosen lines provide ample passing opportunities.

These reasons are why I also like historic airfields race locations ; especially with insane cars like '37GP.

Why do some people dislike wide roads?

Seria17hri11er and Alexandr66 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions What I dislike about ACC Apr 23, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Dislike the yellowbird? tried turning boost down? Dec 9, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I dislike Steam, another way to buy? Nov 9, 2013
    ACC User Interface Shift Indication on Virtual dash on new KTM GT2 car is outlined too wide Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions 49" ultrawide --> upgrade GPU, CPU, or both? Aug 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa looks low resolution on ultrawide Jan 30, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Running wide at Imola - on every lap with no penality? Nov 27, 2020
    Screens & Videos 3-wide into NGK chicane AND survive? Nov 12, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone playing on Ultra Widescreen 3440 x 1440? Jul 31, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Wide FOV and HMD - Related Graphic Issues -> Canted Displays Jul 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Super Ultrawide versus Triples versus VR May 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Upgrading to a 34" ultrawide monitor May 5, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Porsche nose to bumper racing, 3 wide in Kemmel & Blancimont Apr 6, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI Monza 3 Wide bug. Dec 23, 2019

3. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

On wider roads the racing line is probably the same as any other road but there's a much larger margin for error, so pulling it off feels more rewarding to most people.

Kevin Knorpp likes this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There's a reduced sensation of speed unless you're driving a very powerful car.

However wider tracks can produce good racing though and tend to suit modern faster race cars.

Kevin Knorpp likes this.
  5. fabT

fabT Alien

Basically because they're wide.

6. N00bs can overtake them too easily.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

Because they are a danger to Hedgepigs and other wild beasties?

8. People are rigid. If something new they try, has cons, that what they usually do doesn't, then they ignore/don't look for the pros.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

A wide road doesnt necessarily make it that much easier to pass, for ultimate pace you still need to use the entire road and mostly 1 line. However many dont and so arent very quick or hard to pass there :D Also blocking and driving very defensive pretty much wont work well on a wide track for anyone so thats the one advantage.

I will race anywhere in anything but prefer a more technical tighter track prefering the challenge these give, that includes finding places to pass people they didnt think was possible. I love people that say you cant pass somewhere then you do it on them clean with nothing they can do about it.

Wide tracks may make poorer drivers look better by staying on the road but they are generally far from using it to its linit and so are a fair bit slower. Lines are also open for more creativeness and so quite often the gaps between quicker guys and average ones are even larger making the racing actually worse on wider tracks.

Also bad drivers on wide roads tend to be more likely to move across the road into others they were unaware of caused by the bigger distance that may seperate cars side by side. Mostly into corners they do their extremely wide late apex leaving room for a bus on the inside. You take the apex and they still go for it even after its no longer there for them and you have a collision.

Seria17hri11er and Kevin Knorpp like this.
  10. norbs

norbs Alien

For the same reason some people dont like fantasy tracks. Some people are dicks.

Jim Layhee and Seria17hri11er like this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I like fantasy tracks that do seem like a realistic road, make a fantasy track with extra wide roads and quite different to anything else then you will find more so called dicks. :D

12. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

My reasons are that on wide road or track its hard to me to know when to brake,corner is harder to "read" sense of speed is different to normal track....I just dont have fun drivin them when this problems LoL.But its not the rule for me I love Barcelona GP but on the other side I hate Monza Silverston Imola Spa and BCC hhaha.2nd thing I dont like are tracks with to much straight line parts so boring ....

13. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Very philosophical. Like asking why some people don't like minty chocolate. Preference. Nothing more to it. You like WOT action with fast cars, good for you. Others like 1 lane mountain passes even if there is no chance for an actual race or they can't even complete a run and have to retry 5 times. You might like drag racing, others might like rally. What is confusing about it?

14. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

I dislike them not because they are hard but because they are easy.
    Paraphrasing JFK.

15. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

For lone cruising, BCC can be a whole different challenge if you limit yourself to the correct side of the road. And I'm not even talking about proper dual lane use.

Kevin Knorpp likes this.
  16. Berry

Berry Alien

For me it's a simple thing really, it doesn't make me feel the speed, the narrower a road is, the higher the sense of speed is, which is crucial in a game where 80% of your senses are ignored, and I like to challenge myself into contained tight spaces, which is why I will always take a touge-type circuit over something like BCC :).

Kevin Knorpp likes this.