1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. I agree 100% with you.

2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Oh, they are losing their hope now !?

This must had been called Assetto Corsa I want it all now, early access, not Competizione early access.

For shure Kunos know that they have to get from this tons of cry babies, when the choose again the early access road.

sissydriver likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I never thought I would see the day when Michael was a part of the crybaby-squad! lol
    Could you share your graphics settings? I can try yours and see if I also get the same issue as you on a monitor, i know its alot of shimmering on Paul Richard in VR but i assumed that was because of the graphics settings being very low. Im using a 1080 too.

4. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

You forgot something. When the first Unreal Tournament launched we were on Moore's Law. The CPU was 500 mhz speed that year and 18 months later 1 ghz, more 18 months 2 ghz.

Now Intel strugle to have better perfomance on newer chips. Nvidia also have problems with newest GPU.

Considering some people will try to race triple screen at 144 hz each one, you have to consider this. Considering is a endurance simulator and the CPU will have to handle with so many cars off line, yes, we have a problem.

We didnt on the first Assetto Corsa, a new good 6/12 CPU can handle 20 cars on track easily. The same CPU on Competizione will handle half cars to reach same fps. And this is the CPU problem, I dont even started to talk about graphics problem that is worse on perfomance.

5. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I respect very much the work of Kunos. The graphics engine for the first Assetto Corsa is what we want from a racing simulator. It is clean, you can see the track and objects at distance and is very good on perfomance.

AC Competizione use Unreal Engine 4, not Kunos work, it is very demanding on both CPU and GPU and put the ACC on a delicated situation where you have a endurance simulator that none CPU will handle too many AI cars we have on endurance races.

It was a wrong choice, it is beautiful only on max (and this include super heavy AA and resolution scale) graphics setting and on rain.

I really wish that they return to the old engine on next Assetto Corsa.

The physics and features on Competizione are on the right way, are improvement compared to the first Assetto Corsa. The graphics engine, the only thing that Kunos didnt is the problem.

6. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

I have to agree i expected something else graphics wise to be honest. I some conditions it looks pretty decent, but not what i expected from a game and big graphics engine like UE4 in 2018. Replays look good, no doubt about that, but in cockpit view it needs a lot of optimizing and demanding settings to get a clear and sharp image.

My biggest gripe at the moment are the cars in the distance becoming "pixel bricks". If you follow a car and you are 1-3 car length behind, it´s fine, but everything ahead of that, it´s getting pretty bad, imho. If you are "in the zone" you forget most of the stuff around you, but the cars in front of you are always present and if they look like something from back in the 90´s its not fun.

I hope there will be improvements in the future. Let´s see what the implemantation of 4.21 brings us.

cheers

LATE4APEX and fear_scarecrow like this.
  7. Imagine my surprise.
    Here are the settings that I am currently using:
    [​IMG]

I have adaptive vsync enabled in the nvidia control panel.

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This.
    At the end we can talk more and more, but the fact is this.

AC's graphic engine was made to handle racing simulator(s). Of course now is no more updated and no more competitive in the videogame's market for obviuos reasons, but still is a 100% functional graphic engine (clear/perfect readable images, smooth...)
    I also remember an old Stefano's stream, talking about the differences between a graphic engine made for profesisonal use like Ac was, and a generic videogame's engine.
    And, finally, there must be a reason if Kunos's engine is used also in automotive professional side.

Yes we know, that was a super optimized engine pushed to the limit ( * )... UE4 in Acc still is under optimization... early access...

( * )
    Not so true.
    Yesterday i've update Ac' content manager finally with the light patch implemented + wet mod 2.0.
    Run Ac and... i wonted cry just thinking what other stuff we could have had is Kunos continue to push on their engine.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

As you mention at the end of your post, even though it might not be by Kunos, I have seen more updates on AC than any other SIM I play in the last 6 month.
    As for not being competitive, as far as I am concerned, it is the best SIM offer out there, no one has all that AC as to offer, in terms of a total package, yes thank you in part because it is fully modeable.:)
    Some might have one aspect better than AC while cruelly missing a lot of other features. As a whole, it will be a while before an other SIM come close to how great AC was, is and will be.
    As an example, the latest shiny gizmo as a longggggggggg way to go before having the entertainment potential of AC.:D

10. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Is there actually any other racing game that offers the same racing and lighting conditions while still featuring MSAA?
    I can only think of Forza (although they bake the sun shadows).
    And look at the min cpu fps.
    Or am I missing something here?

11. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

You do realize ACC is built off graphics engine UE4.

Also lets compare to other UE4 games.

Kartkraft early access UE4 game with 1080 card (~150fps)

Moto GP 2018 UE4 game with 1080 card (4k resolution all maxed full grid ~85 fps)

MotorCross UE4 game 1080 card (4k resolution full field ~100 fps).

I am not giving up hope, considering those other studios have managed to get good fps.

Same might happen with ACC.

fear_scarecrow and LeDude83 like this.
  12. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I have Forza 7 and I can say that it runs extremely well. I'm not exaggerating when I say I can run it in 4k, everything maxed, msaa 2x, 24 cars and it stays at 60fps. I'm using a FX8350 and 1070.

alepaludo likes this.
  13. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Kartkfrat is a kart simulator. The tracks is smaller, and there is only two karts to render, your kart and the ghost one of leaderboard.

Moto GP is a moto simulator. A moto compared to a car is simple, dont have four wheels, only two, the cockpit is the external moto itself.

ACC is different because AI have real physics, each one of them, the CPU have to controll the AI, render large tracks and a bunch of cars with more polygons than karts and motos.

The comparison is not fair because ACC is more complex. ACC needs a engine that is very good on perfomance because is the most complex sim, UE4 engine is not good to ACC.

14. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

There is way heavier games than ACC on unreal 4.

Pick one and go benchmark it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

Like I said.

When I look at other UE4 games, ACC is not lost cause yet.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If Kunos wanted they could make a console or even mobile game out of ACC, the UE4 engine itself (like other high-end engines) is built from the ground up to support that... CPU performance due to calculating physics for AI will always remain a resource-intensive part of the game but the graphics engine itself certainly isn't the reason that ACC is heavy on performance. Optimisation and making the game look good is for the most part in the hands of the devs and Kunos have been pretty good at that with AC. I presume it'll just take some more time and perhaps some more hires for them to get more familiar with the engine and workflow. As they said, this is a new start for them.

Trash talking their small team for not providing a perfect AAA game experience (which, looking at games out there, is typically far from perfect either...) from the get go is more than a bit unfair, IMHO. Especially when the game isn't released yet.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    AC_RAF and LeDude83 like this.
  16. That's a more reasonable comparison! Not like comparing ACC with other engines and MASSIVE software houses.

I'm too not happy with the current graphics, for now I'd say that is acceptable, but since it's not game breaking...
    Far to even think "It's a disaster. This will never be improved REEE REEE REEEE"

Some of us provided feedback where to improve. Others just switched to full REEE mode.
    My bet is some are too busy to complain they even didn't notice the transmission wobble is back and improved after being meh in 0.1 and gone in 0.2, plus new TC and ABS behaviour (just to say one....)

17. Ac have good graphics? Are you guys kidding me? PC2 on other hand have terrible AA. I have em all on my hdd: acc,ac,pcars2 and even froza horizon 4. Acc is far from perfect but it only need better shadows to beat up pc2 in terms of graphic. AC is pure pastgen. FH4 ftw and you know...open world, no more those stupid tracks :)

https://imgur.com/a/nLAijUD

18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I'm sure SRO wants it to look & play beautiful for all as well. 1.0 is coming up fast, can't believe thanksgiving is thursday here in the USA

19. plaid

plaid Alien

That pc2 Shot doesnt do the Game Justice, while they all Look Not Great.
    Imo acc and pc2 Look Fine besides the aa, but pc2 is far Less demanding.

I don't expect an ideal outcome, but the lower settings are maybe not done yet, things like LODS still in the works or will be adjustest etc. etc. etc..

still suprising when people with a 1080 struggle.

20. I have ~5gb of screenshots from pcars2. Its hard to chose one. I am playing at ultra settings. And i cant get good AA in pcars2. In ACC txaa is glorious in static XD
    Yep i wish to have better LOD distance in acc too.