1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

When it comes to night racing comparisons AFAIK PC2, RF2 car headlights dont cast shadows.
    And as Ive mentioned Forza 7 environment shadows are baked.
    Other games have no day night cycle, etc.

2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Wow! Resolution Scale Set 175%. You joking, right?

3. plaid

plaid Alien

What can be a wise decision. At least making it possible to turn it off seperately.

Anyway, all the Lightning, car and Track Models dont impresse me if the Tracks Are dead, besides the Pitcrews and a few Marshalls.

Dont Know how Many Decades it Takes Till it actually Feels like a Race and they catch Up codies.
    maybe After raytraycing 3.0 and 3D dirt.

4. AC:
    [​IMG]
    ACC:
    [​IMG]

AC_RAF likes this.
  5. I'm pretty surprised with these pictures. Basically no difference!:eek:

6. plaid

plaid Alien

The alaising and the heavy blue tint seem kinda new btw, the game usually looks much warmer and its maybe the heavy contrasts that makes the blue/grey lines worse, but long lines on the screen are everywhere (guardrailes).Don't remember it being that bad anyhwere else in the videos i saw.

Also doesn't offer sweetfx or reshade a better and more ressourcefriendly alternative for AA?

7. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Michael are you running a vanilla, unmodded and unaltered Assetto Corsa?

8. Michael Hornbuckle
    2 games 1 pc, 0 mods.

New added track suck i agree. But materials inside the car looks better in acc. And assets around race tracks (except new one).

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.11.20 - 01.13.49.52.png Ac2 Screenshot 2018.11.05 - 20.22.22.53.png

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  9. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Hi Mr. Michael,

What can I see in your pics.
    Car cockpit, Acc next generation detail and lighting, all with lots of resources from the real thing.

The track, I must say that the PR modding for AC team make a great great work, almost didn't find any relevant difference to the LS ACC ver. But here again ACC PR circuit is a next level model detail.

You must understand here is that we are dealing with a next generation graphics engine.
    The atmospheric effects, the lights sources, the physics. Look at the trees, AC ones are looking better, but here is a different technology, that with time will give a more realistic immersion.

Of course it need more optimization and fine tuning , or what you want to call it.

Now think. All that combined with the next gen cars model, physics and sounds, Sim features.

Games or Sims Software, I always perfect to call it Sim, had always been head from hardware. You never have the machine too run it at full capacity. At the hold times was worse.

Now, if you are from time of the first AC early access ver. You must remember how it runs, and now AC what is. An enormous building, from a small talented and passion work team.

So, Michael, the devs need you best support, to make it even better, not to yours lost of hope.

At this stage try to lower the resolution scale, 150 or lest until you happy with you FPS. Try saturation to 80 and sharpness to 120.

Like someone said before, people are so crazy with the work in progress graphics, that they forget to enjoy the next level sim racing standard, just has it is at 0.3 early access ver.

Hope to see on track soon-

Cheers,
    Pedro

liakjim and andrea.chiovato like this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I have Forza Horizon 4... who knew, I hate usually games of this type. But the graphics were just too impressive to miss and I liked the demo, so made an exception and bought it. I'm running ultra/extreme settings, with 8x MSAA in triple screen, not a drop under 60 fps. It looks glorious, and basically has dynamic 24h day/night cycle and weather, including rain. Although the rain isn't simulated physically of course, in any convincing way. But the time of day isn't baked, it actually does a full cycle

It's not fair to compare ACC into FH4 though, FH4 is an extraordinary technical landmark, backed by Microsoft money. I'd be fine with ACC graphics and even anti-aliasing, if it ran better

alepaludo and Freddie Seng like this.
  11. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I have AC and ACC. I've been racing sims for a real long time. I haven't owned another sim in 6 years. Why- No need! I haven't raced on flatties in 5 years- VR!
    You guys pretending you have sim racing laboratories in mom's basement crack me up. Get some liquid nitrogen already and shut up!

That's the beauty of VR- when it comes to performance- You learn real quick that all you can do is to be prepared to tweak some settings and take what you can get. And if all else fails and the VR is sub par- Mutate some bionic VR legs like I did and get out on the track. And when you do get updates for VR they're usually pretty significant.

This is a racing sim boys! Not benchmarking software! Benchmarking software- for obvious reasons- Comes fully and completely optimized to the nth degree right out of the box.
    You don't benchmark software!!!! Software benchmarks Hardware!!! If you're getting "90's framerates you have few choices- Lower the damn settings, wait for a stupid patch, or break out the liquid friggin nitrogen! Or just get a rift!

This thread reminds me of a joke-
    Two Ranchers were arguing about who had the biggest spread-
    One rancher said- I can get on my horse and ride all day and not get to the other side of my ranch.
    The other rancher said- I had a horse like that- I shot the lazy beast and got a nuin!

anthonylroy likes this.
  12. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

This made me LOL.

If the slide contiues 2080/2080ti will come back to reality into $500-600 range.

[​IMG]

chksix, Raklödder and D.Jankovic like this.
  13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I'll gladly pay 600 bitcoins for a 2080 ti!

14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

VR nitrogen rancher, that's actually a good name for a movie!:D

15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

That's what I'm, saying! Doomsday scenario!

16. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

There is a 'blurriness' or 'fuzziness' to the image which is accentuated on the many straight lines which are necessary in a racing game. These seem to 'dazzle' with the movement which is distracting and unattractive.
    I've tuned my graphics settings focusing on reducing this aspect. The 3 main settings that seamed to help were post processing, sharpness and saturation.
    Post processing seemed to have the most direct effect - the lower the setting the less 'fuzz'. The overall beauty of the image is reduced and it looks a little washed, but the increased clarity of edges and subsequent comfort of viewing in motion feels worth it.
    The other benefit of minimising post processing is that you can wind up the sharpness slider much further before losing contrast and detail to noise. With post processing on low I am using 273 sharpness now and it looks good.
    Saturation also has an impact here. Testing from max to min it makes quite a difference but the standard setting is close (to minimising this aspect of the graphics). I reduced 1 notch only to 90 which gave noticeably clearer 'dots'.
    Also of note from testing was that dropping shadows to medium gives a HUGE fps boost. This with minimum post processing meant I could max all other graphics settings and nvcp anti-aliasing, and average around 110fps (clear conditions, gtx1080).
    If you're 'blurrin out', give this a go. The driving is awesome.

Haiden773 and Turk like this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think it will just mean the 3080ti will be out asap, if a 2080ti struggles to get 60fps in 1080 with rtx then it hardly makes it a useable feature. Performance will need a significant boost and they really dont care about early adopters being screwed over.

Heck they have done this with Titans for years, many refused to buy Titans but now they paid for the new Titan renamed as rtx2080 ti. :rolleyes:

Titans usually get outshined within 6 months so no reason for NV to discontinue this practice with the new flagship gpu's.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  18. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm still amazed by the people who spent $1800 on those cards.

Haiden773 likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a screen grab from the GTworld channel 1080p stream, the aliaising is actually maybe worse then in ACC lol.

upload_2018-11-20_21-58-15.png

UE4 at least in ACC atm has pretty poor AA and AF, this is show up even more at Paul Ricard as that line design is a great way to test AA and AF performance in which ACC isn't doing anywhere near as well as AC does with traditional AA and AF options.

You can try force AF in your gpu driver, not sure if it really works but it doesn't seem as bad for me as @Michael Hornbuckle has in his screens. I am running it in 4k though and this does help a bit but the lines further away still get that weird blotchy pattern to it from the TAA even at epic.

steno and chksix like this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

Throwing up two random pictures doesn't really prove anything. I had the chance to run AC completely maxed out with a PPD of 2.0 and it still didn't look as good as ACC tracks. There's certainly more detail on the ACC tracks.

One thing I did notice is that internal car models were so good in AC that's there's no big improvement to be made there, AC cars look just as good as ACC cars. Tracks are on another level though.

ACC is still under development so it's going to improve. AC is finished, patched and modded, so not a fair comparison to begin with.

Jebus, Freddie Seng and D.Jankovic like this.