1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is ac so much better than netkar pro?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coopz, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Coopz

Coopz Racer

I really liked Netkar, it was a fun alternative to rFactor and iRacing with its good physics model, decent graphics and excellent tyre model, yet the sim was poorly supported (IMO). Only a few decent updates, a handful of (mostly dull) tracks, a few cars and no AI to race against. The multiplayer was also pretty average, half the time it was crash derby and the other half resulted in most of the field wrecking at T1 then rage quitting.

Finding that AC is a completely different game. 10x better support, much more content, ongoing updates and generally excellent communication from the devs. The community is much larger and also much more patriotic than the silent NetKar crowd.

Just wondering how a small dev team like Kunos has become such a big fish in a small pond? Comparing AC to Netkar is like comparing a Cessna to a F22 Raptor.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FPS is much better when... Jul 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Runs much better on PS4 Pro Jun 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions AI is so much better than original AC Dec 1, 2018
    Screens & Videos Much Better than gt sport Oct 14, 2017
    Suggestions Track specific weather1.ini would enable much better mod tracks Nov 8, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Wheel much better than pad in ac. Oct 11, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Why I don't play ACC as much as others.. Jun 12, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How Much Longer ? May 3, 2022
    ACC Gameplay next lap invalidated too much exit speed? Mar 3, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How do I know how much time do I lose with damage? Jan 1, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.6.3 - 2018 porsche on 2020 track: wet tires pick up too much heat from brakes Dec 2, 2020

3. Berry

Berry Alien

This is a weird question, developers evolve, and so does their knowledge, and as far as I know, they have been "funded" by Ferrari, so there was some kind of support they could rely on as well.This just goes on to prove the capabilities of the team, albeit quite a small one, there is huge potential.Honestly, I think a slight "enlargement" of the active staff would be a beneficial move forward, since the demands of simracers have become increasingly high since the launch of AC's Early Access.
    It would have been laughable if AC would have been worse than Netkar...

4. alex72

alex72 Alien

Cause they do things right? :) They are a bit like Bohemia Interactive (working with BIA military support) i think. Not just working with civilians like ourselves but also with the industry like providing engine(s)/support to professional simulators.

Also, their FFB/physics is already better than anything else out there. My opinion of course.

marlo0081 likes this.
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Without nKp and Ferrari Academy, there could not have been AC. ;) It'S called evolution.

6. Vampire

Vampire Alien

I guess that goes a long way to explain why there are no Lamborghini's in Assetto Corsa then..:rolleyes:

:(

7. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

i don't agree completely with what you have said. saying that netkar had "mostly dull tracks" simply is not true imo. many of them were quite good. Vairano, Road america, brands hatch, just to name a few. also, i have had many enjoyable (although not too frequently) online races. on the flip side- i haven't seen squat in AC mulitiplayer. i have hardly been in a real race yet. it is like a ghost town in multiplayer. and yes, the lack of AI in Netkar Pro, was a big minus. but the answer is quite simply that netkar pro was pretty much Stephano Casillo, he was Kunos. now, Kunos is a big, expanding team.

Albert McSaltens likes this.
  8. There's a big Lamborghini Billboard in one of the tracks though, surely they wouldn't have that if they werent planning on implementing some of the cars?

9. Berry

Berry Alien

I think you're talking about the Vallelunga billboards, right? The one where it says "If you can see this this sign you're clearly not driving an Aventador":D.
    If so, there are also Mini and Porsche billboards before that one, so I'm not too sure about that, since Porsche is known to be exclusive to EA(those greedy bastards).

10. Vampire

Vampire Alien

I sure hope so!!

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There are some "rumors" that keep propagating and resisting and honestly they are also a bit disturbing to us devs...

Nobody and I mean NOBODY has funded the KS team and AC title. It's all entirely funded by us, we even have no debts to banks or whatever. Hard work, careful planning, and strict control of our assets and resources.
    We are a very small team, we work very hard for very long hours and this help us with costs. We pay for the Ferrari license as everybody else, but we also managed to get more because we proved to Ferrari that we where the right team and had the right technology for them to use in their own simulators.
    KS although being such a small team, does not do only AC. It creates know how and technology for use in other in house simulations as the one in Ferrari or the one in Dallara... We do various projects at the same time as AC and yes is hard, and yes we love it.
    All of that, help us pay our bills, pay the licenses and create a product that makes most of you happy and willing to pay for it and support it even more. We get this economic support, pay our lives of course but also invest even more on the title with more licenses, development and so on.

The damn lamborghini billboards on Vallelunga... Guys, sometimes the simplest theory is usually the correct one. We have no lamborghini connection or license. Simply those billboards are inside Vallelunga and in the circuit license we are permitted to include the actual billboards in the game. This is not always happening with other tracks. Simple as that, no conspiracy theories.

Finally... with time comes experience and with experience you change how you see things. AC comes after the experience of nKP and FVA. We learned lot's of things from those projects. We also learned the hard way and had some very bad experiences... So we try to be better, that's all. Sometimes passion connects people and together they manage to do something that is better than the capabilities of each single one... i think this is the case with AC.

We are learning from AC too. We learn that some people do not enjoy a product for what it is, but keep complaining because they want the product to be what their needs are. We don't have a problem with that, but we are also realizing we can't make everybody happy. When we do something that somebody wants, someone else complains because he liked it as it was before and vice versa... You can't make everybody happy, but we do try to make a quality product, that's all.

Tomskii, Traind, TJP and 95 others like this.
  12. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

absolutely sir, and well said i might add

13. Coopz

Coopz Racer

Saving this reply as a reference point for the next noob who says Kunos are bankrolled by Ferrari.

14. Berry

Berry Alien

I'd like to apologize for my statement then, at one time there was a real wave of "confidence" surrounding the "funded" by Ferrari thing because of your involvement with their simulators.
    Keep up the great work, and thank you for the clarification:).

ericRacer, AshCow and Alexims like this.
  15. Aris's reply needs to be stickied and be listed as required reading when signing up for this forum.

16. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry Berry, please also accept my apologies. I realise that my post might have sounded harsh towards you, sorry about that.
    I'm perfectly aware that you're not the guy responsible behind such rumor, you've probably heard about somewhere and just reported it back

Again, sorry for being so direct, I wasn't pointing the finger at you specifically, probably got a bit too excited to reply.

17. Thanks for your passion. As a simulation fan and NKP owner, I hope you guys continues to find success. Get AC released, release some DLC packs, I want to pay and keep you guys going. You've got a great product here and it's well worth the money!

alex72 and William Sebastian like this.
  18. Berry

Berry Alien

No harm made, my first reply was misguided and it's my fault:).
    I have great respect for what you guys do and how you handle it;).

19. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley Racer

This, my good friends, is why I am happy and glad I gave my dollars to these men. As I have mentioned in the Steam forums, I am one cheap a** when it comes to games -- I always buy on discount, absolutely never on full price, and I never pay more than 20 bucks for a game. I am also a poor college student, but regardless, this is the kind of developer for which I root, one that cares about their fans.

By the way, Aristotelis, you should make a "Urban Myths FAQ" to dispel the rumors and save yourself explanations.

20. @Aristotelis could you go ahead and kill the rumor that Sean Cole perpetuated about AC having 'hidden' driving assists that are always on in the background.

21. Turk

Turk Alien

I think Netkar pro is the real culprit behind all this hype. I heard about it after I got a wheel and asked about good sims online, it was very easy to jump into netkar for a beginner, it was cheap, you picked a car, a track and off you go. There was no worries about being all that great at it, or all the hullabaloo that came with other sims, it was just a pure simulator. I instantly loved it and spent months driving on my own, the only other sim I'd play would be kart race pro, again all I was doing was hot lapping.

When I heard about Assetto Corsa I hyped myself up based purely on my experience of NetKar pro, all Kunos did was release photos, or videos, or do an interview. That's not hyping, that's just press releases. But every time I played NetKar after that I could only think about Assetto Corsa and it was like the adrenaline of driving got associated with thinking about what Assetto Corsa could be, so I keep getting really excited every time people talk about the future of the sim. I think I'm going to need to be deprogrammed or someit.