1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Why is Assetto Corsa bad for drifting?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Davidbillmanoy2016, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Hello! I'm going to criticize constructively about why Assetto Corsa is bad for drifting:

1. No Silvia. The Silvia is the best drift car in the whole world. Please try to add all 5 Silvias.

2. Japanese tracks(except Suzuka). They are the best tracks for drifting. They have alot of tight corners to drift.

These are the only two things why it's bad for drifting. Please listen to us Kunos.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Tuesday at 10:25 AM
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023

3. Under_Score22

Under_Score22 Rookie

I Really Wish They Would Listen But They Only Pay Attention To The Racers The Drift Community Rarely Gets Any Attention From Any Motorsports Only FH3 And They're Gameplay Is Horrible

4. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

I know I will get a lot of ****storm but in my opinion, drifting has nothing to do with real motorsport. It is just a change of use and this could be a reason why they pay less attention

Just my 2 cents :)

5. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

I disagree, It's one of the best sims for drifting that I've tried. The scoring system is frustrating, but the actual feel of vehicle control with the tail out is unmatched for me.

More cars and tracks would be awesome though.

6. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Off topic a bit, but could someone explain the point system for drifting in AC to me?
    It appears that the higher the gear, the faster the points accumulate, but that's all I've managed to figure out so far.

Astral_Magi likes this.
  7. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Can someone explain the point of drifting to me?

fr13del, vr6mitch, Dyr_gl and 7 others like this.
  8. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

First of all, I must say I know nothing about drifting. But the videos below left me wondering, as they show other cars as 'drift favourites' besides and before the Silvias you mention, many of which are already in-game. I mean, are Silvias really the best in the world for drifting or would that be only your POV? In that case, you should have posted a request and not a criticism - that doesn't sound that constructive when the term 'bad' is used.

9. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Well it is the racing simulator, imo drifting ain't racing.

fr13del, vr6mitch, Snowman38 and 2 others like this.
  10. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

You're right, drifting is not racing. You don't go fast sideways. However, drifting is a feature of the game. Some people, myself included, enjoy getting a car sideways.
    So, if a feature is going to be included, why not listen to the people that enjoy that feature?
    I would like to see more cars and tracks suited for drifting as well. Not at the expense of pure racing tracks, but still... :confused:

Astral_Magi, Snowman38 and Bren002 like this.
  11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

It's not a feature, it's a bug. :D

fr13del likes this.
  12. Drifting is already featured.

13. Is there going to be a app so we console guys can change car FFB or will this be put in tha game at a later date i think we need this bad imo

14. Orne

Orne Alien

AC is quite good for drifting. The 1M BMW is my favorite vehicle to drift, although I have had success drifting the 911s as well. The Nissan Silvia S15 is most likely popular here in Japan for drifting because of the price (cheap) and it looks cool. You don't need a particular car or track to drift, you just need to pick a car with a decent power to weight ratio (there are several drift ready cars in AC) and go practice. Self imposed limitations are never the road to follow for success. Work with what you have. No excuses.

Oh and watchout for the OverDrift, you might go back in time if you drift too hard and get stuck between two worlds. And always remember, knowing is half the battle.

G.I. Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe !!!! :p:D

15. UnBEARable

UnBEARable Rookie

My ten year old girl loves drifting. But she says AC is a bad game for that, as she thinks it's mostly aimed at grown up male racers. That girl... I bought her a Forza Horizon and now she's in heaven.

These mates are requesting FFB features in the threads below. It could be good if you place your +1 there.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ffb-options-petition-e-g-min-force.40523/

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...in-2016-again-more-ffb-settings-please.41081/

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

"asseto corsa bad for drifting" he says...

[​IMG]

T300rsIRL, SGT EDUBB, Buggi and 9 others like this.
  17. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

That's nonsense, people can hate drifting all you want. But don't try to discredit it because your not into it. It's a motorsport just like any other. So in my opinion you sound really bias, how can keeping a motorized vehicles sideways thru a corner, while maintaining speed and direction all with steering and gas? They have rules and regulations. How is that not a motorsport? So all those guys in formula D are just wasting there time right?

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

To me it is a deliberate destruction of material. :D;)

I don't have a clue how this specialty even works, so just don't count my envy opinion. :)

SlideWaze likes this.
  19. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

One significant difference between drifting and other forms of motorsport is the scoring is subjective. Like scoring points in boxing or gymnastics is at the end of the day also subjective.

Car control, setup and car design are all relatively similar to racing cars.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

20. Orne

Orne Alien

I can't comment on its place in motorsports (some would argue that racing a car isn't a sport, so ya know) although I will say drifting can help tremendously in car control and understanding the limits of adhesion. There are plenty of oversteering situations I've caught because time spent learning to drift. It has its place for sure. Whether or not you practice drifting every day or a few times a month its another matter entirely.

Its like practicing with reduced grip levels or with street tyres. You learn a lot when operating at the extremes, about yourself and car you're operating.

Trust that drifting has its place in learning proper car control. I'll leave the it is, it isn't a sport discussion to the armchair philosophers, hahah.

21. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I don't get the hate some people have for Drifting
    100% agree. I honestly reckon that people just don't like the too cool for school culture that surrounds it.
    Drifting itself requires insane amounts of skill and car control, not to mention huge balls to pull the handbrake at 120 mph going into a corner!
    Rally drivers use the exact same skill set and you don't see those guys getting mocked for it.