1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is console version harder than PC?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Rickredrick, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Ironically, in trying to "dumb down" the console versions they've actually made it harder to drive. Someone decided the menus in the PC version for setup, etc. and some of the info available while driving was too much, would scare poor dumb console users away. The cars drive the same, to the extent you can set them up the same and have the same information about what's going on, so it's obviously a design decision, not something the consoles are incapable of implementing. In giving us fewer choices and information, however, they've made it harder for us to drive successfully. I'll bet they're getting far more complaints about it being "too hard to drive" than they are about it being "too complicated."

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Possible new patches for the console versions? Aug 17, 2020
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4, PS5 and XBox One/X/S - Console Version: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge will console version have UDP so we can use dash apps? Jun 19, 2020
    Console Lounge Console set ups - .ini file conversion Mar 7, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g920 brake pedal - why no Calibration menu on console version? Jun 16, 2018
    Console Lounge Tyre model version consoles Nov 12, 2017
    Suggestions Photo mod on Console version Aug 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Who is working on the console version? Mar 29, 2017
    Console Lounge Very important! Console version: Mar 28, 2017
    Console Lounge Console version badly flawed. Only pc modding has kept game in the limelight Jan 12, 2017
    Console Lounge HUD elements for the console versions Nov 16, 2016
    Console Lounge V1.03 on console? 10 key features missing from the console version Nov 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Solution(s) for better MP (console version) Sep 26, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Track not have console version Sep 21, 2016
    Suggestions Please add online quick race to console version Sep 20, 2016

3. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Not sure if you've played the pc version but the cars certainly dont drive the same, the driving on the pc version is much more grippy certainly more sim than we have at the moment

TDS likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Console version is a couple of months behind. PC have a different tire model, youll get there soon hopefully. Im not sure which track condition there is on console neither but 100% grip is stock on pc if you dont change it yourself, for some weird reason.

Bibbles likes this.
  5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Do you have a source for that? I'm interested in how far off is the console version behind the PC one, so I'd like to know.

Although it's just what I think, not something stated by devs, I think console version is around 1.5 and it's when all cars got TM7. Everything before was a mix of TM5-6-7 (I'm not sure if some of the older cars weren't even on TM4). If it's not what I think then it would be a total mess regarding tyre model like it was on PC back then, that's why I doubt consoles have older TM than V7. Especially that they changed lap times needed to get medals on some of the events on consoles, which wouldn't make sense at all with older TM than V7, which had problems with heating and were slower than V7.
    Assuming that I'm correct that would mean that TM is mostly the same on consoles as on PC, excluding those couple of cars that got TM10 in the latest update.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I thought v7 was in 1.6 (which is the version i guess they waiting for) so my bad. But then you are probably right that they have the same version except on the cars that have v10.

TheGT500 likes this.
  7. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Must admit when I played around a friends house on his pc I was left feeling more than slightly envious.

I only did a quick race around Silverstone in the F40 but the race was brilliant I could really attack the track much faster in and out of the corners, very little understeer every thing just felt right.

I tried the exact same race when I got home on my xbox and got my arse handed to me , I just couldn't get a feel for the car it felt like the corners were coated with a fine oil film I couldn't attack the track at all, I have shelved my game at the moment hoping this upcoming update will improve game play.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Are comparisons between platforms using the same FFB wheel or Game-pad? If not, they should not be valid comparisons at all.

Differences between FFB wheels can be a game-changer in terms of grip-feel.

9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I played both with a pad .

10. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Also input lag is a highly important factor regarding grip feel and difficulty. If AC is used on console via a TV it might be worth looking at the screen's respone times. Milliseconds can be a gamechanger there. I had the experience when I switched from my old graphics card. Day and night change, I could suddenly manage to race cars which before I couldn´t even keep on the track.

11. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Such a shame the console versions do not feel like there pc version, yet in project cars both systems felt the same ?

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Maybe they use more simulation value on consoles...I guess around 1,54 instead of 1 in pc's...

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I don´t need to defend AC, I don´t actually care anymore, anyway, I just wanted to give people a hint that might be worth checking out.
    I though it might be different for some guys, but if you know that for every console user AC feels different between platforms and other games don´t, than it´s fine. I guess you have a point than.

14. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Well if you're using a wheel I don't know how you can tell as you're not given the same detail in choices re setting the wheel up that you're given on the PC. The many responses seem to indicate that whether the driving is different or not is questionable. In any event I could see that might take time to fix. But there is just no excuse for us not having the same choices in setting up the game and the car- which might help with the grippyness and "sim-ness" as well. The game was marketed as being the same game we've been shown on countless videos and it isn't.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What wheel setup settings is it that make such a difference you mean?

16. Comment from @Lord Kunos at Racedepartment:
    On the PC you have a slider to set your AI speed that goes from 80% to 100%. On the console the slider has been replaced with a "level" setting. The 1.0 console version offers 3 leves, where the "easy" level is set to 88%. Which some customers commented as "too hard". So we expanded the number of levels to 5, with the lowest at 80%, exactly like on the PC.
    Plus, because the console code is aligned with PC version circa 1.4 it was pretty hard for us to balance everything, so it is actually possible that the AI was performing faster in that version than in the current PC version.
    By the time the Porsche DLC will start coming (version 1.10) the 2 versions will be aligned and the performance should be exactly the same, save for platform specific bugs.

Perhaps when we say "the code is the same" we refer to the core of the game, which is the physics because the UI is OBVIOUSLY different.

The people in charge of designing the game for the console decided to go with levels rather than with a %. Personally I don't agree with the decision and I gave my opinion on the matter, but my job is to work on the physics engine and the PC graphics engine, game design I leave it to others.

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

So that would mean that tyre model is the same as on PC then? TM7, except those cars that got TM10 on the PC?

If I get it right AI (and features perhaps) are at 1.4ish, but the physics, TM are more up to date.

People already claim that TM are different between platforms and I'm curious if it's true.

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Doesnt he mean version 1.4? Then they have v4/v5/v6/v7?

edit: He might mean the features in 1.6 maybe

Edit2: Maybe any of them could answer because i have seen a couple of posts that say "pc is different (faster) than console". Would make it easier to give them an answer to why or just tell them that thats not the case
    @Lord Kunos @Aristotelis

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah but he said that the code (AI code I suppose) is around 1.4 and then he said what I left in the quote. So that's why I asked, because I don't know if it's just the AI code or also physics.

20. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

How would I know? I only have the console version. I see on YouTube videos that there are many more settings choices on the PC version (like settings for many specific wheels rather than just two generalized ones) so I imagine there must be some advantage to having them.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  21. liakjim

liakjim Alien

You have to learn how to quote.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk