1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is it all on the driver?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrBungle, Jun 17, 2020.

1. drukqs

drukqs Racer

you know what i would like to game to have?
    I would like the stars in the night sky to be realistic and they are not. THIS RUIS MY IMMERSION PLEASE FIX AT ONCE KUNOS TOP PRIORITY!

You are not delusional in your suggestions, they are actually pretty good.
    You are delusional in thinking that just because this is a 'game changer' for you, Kunos will address this as their top priority. It is not and from a software development perspective, and as a business of selling software, it is totally understandable.

Look I can tell you what I do have.
    I only drive one car, driving one car makes it easier to figure out things, among other benefits, so i would start by doing that to start with.
    Then what I do is that i have a baseline setup for 45min races at 5Pm with 'standard' track temp (each track usualy as a standard track temp based on the time of the day).
    If the race is at 5PM and it's 45min, my tyre pressure is already set correctly and fuel is ready to go for 45min races (without pit stop).
    For quali session or if the race session is not at 5PM what i do is that i adjust the fuel of course for quali and i change the tyre pressure based on my experience.
    Race starts at 3PM? I usually drop around 0.3/0.4psi race starts 7pm? i increase 0.2/0.3, night race? I increase 0.5psi at least...since race starts immediately after than quali you can make fine adjustments after quali.
    60min races? No problem, i use something called Mathematics? Have you heard about it?
    lets say 45min means 80L (including parade lap which takes around lets say 2L).
    60 min fuel = (80-2)*60/45 +2 = 106L - Hurray!
    'Oh but i am doing this the first time' - No problem i got you covered.
    Let's say it's a 45min race.
    You know your average from quali (note the average the game tells you on the setup before the race start is severely wrong and increased - take note of your average during quali or pracc laps).
    Let's say your average is 2,5L per lap.
    You then need to guess what will be the lap pace of the leader, let's say that quali pole was 1:29:500, you can safely guess that race pace will be at best 1:30, hell you can do 1:29:500 for good measure. 1:29:500 it is.
    So 45min x 60sec = 2700 sec
    Lap = 60 + 29 + 0.5 = 89,5 sec
    Predicted number of laps = 2700 / 89,5 = 30,16, which means you predict 31 laps in total on your 45min race.
    then 31 laps * 2.5 = 77,5L, you add half a litre for good measure and 2 extra L for the parade lap, and there you go you have a total of 80L for your race. BAAAAM, math to the rescue!

Usually when quali is in the rain the race start at least will also be because they are sequential and never apart on CP races so you can experiment on quali the tuning for the race.
    'Oh what should i do when it's rain to start with?'
    Well use your 100's CP races experience to your advantage, I do that with my own experience: track is greasy but needs wets? Take around 5 psi from the tyre pressure the wet preset recommends, you will see that you will get to the 30Psi mark (ideal rain tyre pressure), if you get a bit more or less is not the end of the world anyway.
    Track is Damp? maybe drop only 2 or 3 psi. It's just experience.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  2. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Experience is all you need

3. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Would the OP like someone to come and drive their car for them:p

There is no doubt that the setup menus aren't welcoming to newcomers. Some hints and tips on optimal tyre pressures, engine maps, brake pads etc. would go a long way. But to expect the game to calculate everything for you.....

Tyre pressures and fuel loads are easy to set for most conditions assuming you have put some practice in before hand. Work flow as follows:
    1) Load practice session with static weather conditions. Load safe or aggressive setup.
    2) Run 3/4 laps. Exit to garage and check pressures. Adjust with aim of getting to 27.5 PSI for slicks, 30 PSI for wets.
    3) Repeat step 2 until you are happy.
    4) Note your fuel consumption and avg laptimes. Calculate amount of fuel need for 65 minutes of running (allows for 1hr CP races with full pace lap), adjust setup accordingly.
    5) Save setup with name - Race 60m xxC dry/wet/inter - where xx is the ambient temperature of the practice session.

From here you can go into any race session and have a good idea of what you need.
    CP race is 45 minutes - take out 25% of fuel load, increase tyre pressures 0.2 all round*
    Ambient temp - my rule of thumb is 0.1 PSI per 3C of temp difference to the recorded setup value.
    Brake ducts - 0.3 PSI per step of duct change.
    Wet race and you only have a dry setup. Take out 10% extra of fuel.

Then when the conditions change during the race throw it all out the window.

* note that Porsche is different due to having its fuel tank in the front.

TXC_IJOJOI, Pandora, robt100 and 2 others like this.
  4. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Haha, share your experience then. Just as simply as possible what psi do I put in each tyre for example 26 degree track temperature wet conditions at misano in the audi evo with no test time, just straight up tell me how you would arrive at your calculation.

I really need to know, I'm not bashing ACC it's literally all I play my PC is an ACC pc not a gaming pc.

Everyone knows but me... but the guys in the know are unwilling to share.. Seems legit.

More likely is that the end users don't have the answer so they try to make it look like I'm s**tposting.

I believe in this simulation, its amazing but its not intuitive at all, now its release is on console I'm not new to sims I have logged thousands of hours and I'm saying that its crazy that tyre pressure settings are completely controlled by the driver. There will be a backlash from the console community.

People saying driver error, ect. May well be correct yet nobody has attempted to explain what to do.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Before joining a CP race take 15min of your time, start a FP session and save a setup with the pressures you want and the air temp in the name. Quit, start another FP session with medium rain and do the same. Once you join the CP server you can correct the pressures based on the current temperature. Quick and easy

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

A rule I follow is +/- 0.03-0.05 cold psi change per 1 degree of weather change depending on your driving style and car setup.

Yeah going into unknown wet weather can be difficult however it does become easier with experience and more saved setups. I suggest you put the following info into your saved setup names to help. eg. Dry Q - A23 T29, Wet (L/M/H) Q - A17 T19.

EA versions of ACC had automatic tyre pressure adjustment logic built in however it caused a lot more issues than help and I am glad they removed it. It never got your corner pressure variances right and because each driver sets up the car and drives the car different it is not easy to get it right. Pressures were going all over the place session to session and if you loaded an old setup within the race start waiting period you ran the risk of starting the race with wrong pressures. It also caused issues when saving setups because if you didn't put the weather info in the name then you had no clue what conditions the auto pressures were for.

Regarding the fuel. Best to use a online calculator or go with a quick dirty rule of 20lt per 10 min of race time.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Maciej Malinowski and m_box97 like this.
  7. azzah

azzah Simracer

I kindly disagree.

MrBungle, I wrote that you're delusional because you are imagining that everybody who's disagreeing with you is either a setup wiz or has spent hours upon hours testing. And everyone who doesn't like doing setup work thinks like you. With nothing in between.
    This is blatantly false.

Yes, the game could lend players a bit of a hand in lots of places. And Luis' post from the last page describes how that could look like very eloquently. Without excessive exclamation marks, without shouting in all-caps, without repeating the same lines four times.
    Did I already mention that I like his ideas?

I get that you're annoyed, but there's no discussion to be had here if all you want to do is vent.
    How often can you repeat your questions until you start reading all the friggin' answers?

Buh-bye.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  8. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Hahaha (headbutt the wall) oh my... I can't even.. Oh I give no, stay strong one day people will read and not jump to defence instantly, what am I saying.. Oh god fish, space, elephant, carpel tunnel, giblets.

Oh my sweet jesus, read the post!!! Read the post, please read the post, please read just read it!

CP races change conditions with no time to test, with no time to test WITH NO TIME TO Test!!! , NONE. the game is called COMPETIZIONE! but you can't be competizioneativo if you can't set up the car, some cars defaults will work some won't, I don't want to win every race and have some special code just for me.

Please people who respond to me please make sure you understand my criticism, I'm not saying pressures cannot be worked out in practice sessions I'm saying that you are left to guess if the race session is random specifically talking about CP races, if you don't do them you probably can't understand my criticism of this otherwise insanely great product.

surtic86 likes this.
  9. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

OK thanks, that's just dandy, as well as predict the track temperature? Oh and what if its a random race session just set aside 23 hours test every track in all possible conditions day and night green, fast, optimum, greasy, damp, wet, flooded on every track.

I appreciate you highlighting the problem for me much better than I could.

10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Judging by this last post, you obviously have no clue what you're doing except accelerating and turning the wheel. You should better ask for AI control so he can win some races for you ;)
    Sure, keep blaming the PSI
    PEACE!!

11. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I nearly missed this with all my ranting, thanks its very helpful. I still feel that I'm going to be lost in the random sessions but I really appreciate you taking the time to help, I'll try practicing with your values see if I have more success! You are a gentleman thanks for reading my posts and not getting offended.

12. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

You asked how should you "guess" what psi you should run in a random session and I gave you the answer. Try it and then come back, I'm not the only one that does that and it works. You'll have to guess no more ;)

Maciej Malinowski and LATE4APEX like this.
  13. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

OP, seems like you have your head buried in the sand. Several people have suggested how you might adjust your setup based on the prevailing conditions and all you have done is throw it back in their faces. You act as though you're the only one affected by the threat of changing conditions in CP servers. Well guess what, it's the same for all of us in there!

14. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

This is really great, but Cmon why wouldn't you want these calculations done for you? I don't want a puzzle I want to race. Just imagine asking Lewis how much fuel you want mate?

I watched jariders stream tonight because the CP race was full. He's asking dudes to work out his strategies over his mic seriously I can't afford an engineer and my wife is unwilling.

Its just an aspect that I think lots of people find hugely frustrating i think Kunos need to run a course.

surtic86 and Vítor Sousa like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

No worries.. With these methods my dry running is pretty spot on and you only need one setup as a base to make necessary on the fly adjustments.. Yeah I get caught out with odd wet weather session or when the session is on the fringe of dry or wet tyres however I like it this way. I like how everyone is not racing with perfect automated adjustments to their setups and that your tyres can be out of the sweet spot. Thats motor racing. In our league some get it right and some don't which gives some variances and then the following race it could change or you make your adjustments in the pit stop.

MrBungle likes this.
  16. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Would you like to arrange a 1v1 race?

17. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

triggered.jpg

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

im tired.. correction:

A rule I follow is +/- 0.03-0.05 cold psi change per 1 degree of weather change depending on your driving style and car setup

If the weather goes from 35 deg to 25 deg add 0.4 or 0.5 psi.

19. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I still think more help is required from the software personally but this is a great start I really feel lost with it sometimes when you subscribe to a 1hr race and on lap 1 your tires are 35 all round and boiling point its so disappointing.

The reason I feel so strongly about it is because I absolutely love it and have about 2 hours a night to myself since becoming a dad and a bit of time at the Weekend, I go into the 7pm CP race I can mix it with most and usually finish respectfully, I'm proud that I'm ranked 120 ish with good stats the game makes me feel like I'm achieving and improving, so I feel comfortable that I can race ok for a sim dad but the precious time I get I choose the competition races because of the quality and satisfaction it gives me. When I end up with bogus pressures because I didn't know these things I'm relying on a forum member to tell me what to do it shouldn't be like that imo.

Again I really appreciate your help it's not obvious to me.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  20. drukqs

drukqs Racer

yeah would be nice to have to have it done for me, but since it does not, it's not a big deal, i can manage it and it does not bother me.

Btw the CP race was not full, it is a known bug and unfortunately Split 1 Server in EU is currently suffering from it.
    I'll see you on track one of this day.

Who are you there btw?