1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why laserscanned brands?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by poet, Nov 27, 2015.

1. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

When we have no modern Touring Cars?

C'mon Kunos, surely you can nab a Touring Car from Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Toyota, Chevrolet....?

(or even better ALL of them!)

:)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Laserscanned Laguna Seca + 6 bonus cars will be free! Sep 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Is nordschleife laserscanned ? Sep 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Curiosity question: nürburgring gp laserscanned or not? Sep 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Zandvoort not laserscanned rumor(?) Jul 19, 2015
    ACC Gameplay Medals at Brands Hatch Mar 25, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Pit Box at Brands Hatch in incorrect place (Car number 31) Feb 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 Brands hatch time. Feb 15, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3][GT4] ACRL Multi-Class 6H of Brands Hatch | 16th Oct Sep 23, 2021
    ACC Gameplay brands hatch grip level Sep 3, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards 5-lap average not recorded, Brands Hatch, McLaren 720s Jul 25, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Brands Hatch | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 11, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Brands Hatch | Hot Lap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:22.692 Jun 4, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Brands pit limiter warning Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Incorrect number of practice sessions | British GT - Brands Hatch Mar 16, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room SSRRC - SirSebi Rookie Racing Cup --- 20.03.2021 --- 4h on Brands Hatch (Endurance) Feb 17, 2021

3. If you had mentioned historic touring cars, I might have been interested :p

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

they will come, i just bloomin want brands because brands is brands

Crayfis and poet like this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Brands Hatch goes with everything. I don't think the majority associates Brands Hatch with Touring Cars. edit. At least the ones who didn't follow Touring Cars championships. Now reading the history of this track seems this was popular with touring car championships. Yea, your thread makes sense from that perspective :)

rainman666 and poet like this.
  6. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

9deb4a59cb218659eee84888657167f7.jpg

Hoping we get the Lotus 25 in DP3!;)

poet likes this.
  7. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

no love for Honda?

poet and Tim Meuris like this.
  8. kevje

kevje Racer

Hell yeah! http://www.btcc.net/2015/03/24/impressive-2015-btcc-entry-list-confirmed/

If Kunos can get a BTCC license im positive it will be really popular. It will obviously depend if they can keep the cars balanced similarly to the article above states (see Rules of Engagement)

AC already has a few of the car makes in the BTCC, so it would mostly be a licensing thing plus creating the cars.
    Maybe that new car license at the end of the year will be Honda so we could see the Civic. Aside from that car they could already work on the BMW 125i, Ford Focus, Mercedes A-Class and Audi S3. Those missing would be the Volkswagen CC touring car, Chevrolet Cruze and the Toyota's and MG's, going by their 2015 entry list.

I believe AC would benefit greatly from a well balanced entry level racing class like the lower level touring cars but also the GT4 class, but with close door to door racing the damage model could do with a few tweaks :p

9. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Yes I can't imagine someone trying to emulate Plato's style of driving would have much luck (or time before kick)

Tim Meuris likes this.
  10. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Of course I'd love Honda and everyone else, but we don't have a Honda license in AC (correct me if I'm wrong?), so I listed all those that Kunos does have a manufacturers license for.... yet not one TC out of all those licenses .... in a "Racing" simulator.... sad. :(

BTCC license may never happen in a game as far as I understand.
    You can have the cars and the tracks, but the license for BTCC games last I heard was with a "competitor" to the TOCA series, who was under no obligation to actually produce a title.
    Gow was appalled when he found out after buying the series back from the Americans.

:(

11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I have no idea who owns the digital rights to the BTCC, id have thought it would be TOCA themselves...?

Whilst the BTCC is still very entertaining (I still go most years to a few rounds) its a far cry from its 1992-1999 heyday. I used to attend trackside for the great world class drivers, great cars and great racing. Now I simply attend for the great racing.

poet likes this.
  12. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

maybe there are some in the works already :) and I mean by Kunos!
    but yeah can't wait for Brands! ... perhaps it will come in time for a final(ish) release of the Primera :)

kevje, poet and Ischemica like this.
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

and we don't need kunos to buy the BTCC license, they only need the cars, modders can do rest of the work quite easily
    but yeah, man I can't wait for this one.

I hope this would be another boost for all the touring car fans , so that we get more and more of these in the future!

kevje and poet like this.
  14. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

The story goes:

An unnamed source in autocar some years back said that when Gow sold Toca to Octagon, they signed exclusive game license rights to a "competitor" to the pre-existing Codemasters TOCA series.
    Apparently without any clause stating they actually had to make a game.
    When Gow bought it back, he was pretty annoyed.

That's the last seemingly reliable story I know of.

15. kevje

kevje Racer

That would be a shame if a mistake could prevent games to be more enjoyable. It's not that different from Porsche signing a license deal with EA that lasted so incredibly long to the point people assume there wont be a Porsche in their favourite racing game.

But like Patrik says, if we can get BTCC cars in the game paired with some laserscanned english tracks, the community could potentially take care of the rest ;)

Tim Meuris likes this.
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

a modern touring cars park would be awesome, epic, magnificent and is something I really miss in AC
    that would make the game a lot more interesting for me
    I remember in Race 07 these were the cars I kept driving
    but idd, btcc will be off limits thanks to the license being locked away :(

if Honda would be that AClicense at the end of the year that would be 10 000 times better than the ferari and lambo license combined for me
    (I know, call me crazy) and that type R would be another unique road car for the car park
    first track in it would be nordschleife for me... :D

sad idd that there won't be one of those cars available with the release of BH
    and honestly, I don't think Kunos has much love for these type of cars

Brownninja97 likes this.
  17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

honda license is a good idea, thinking about it any ac cars gain rivals as a result of that, they have a massive number of potential cars.

Tim Meuris likes this.