1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Why not ACC Linux/SteamOS support?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by leillo1975, Aug 21, 2018.

1. leillo1975

leillo1975 Rookie

Hello

I'm a big fan of racing games, and of course I love Assetto Corsa, but at the same time I'm a Linux user, and I really tired of reboot my computer to play my favorite sim games. This is the only reason why I have a partition with Windows.
    I tried a serveral times to run AC with Wine, but I can't make it work. Some months ago I know AC Competizione and a bit of hope comes to me when I see that this game it's being developed using Unreal Engine 4. This great graphic engine have the feature of give Linux support.
    I also see in a lot of threads in different sites that Linux don't have wheel support. Logitech and Fanatec wheels works with Force Feedback support, and the rest of the wheels and pedals are supported. You can see that F1 2015, F1 2017 and Dirt Rally works great in Linux, but it would be great to play a real simracer game on my Linux machine.

Please, give us support, or at least be sincere and give us an answer ...

xyr, Bolibompa and VoodooTRO like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues ACC won't detect my Simucube 2 wheel? Today at 7:14 AM
    ACC Hardware Discussions Running ACC with old i5 2500K and Known some truth. Yesterday at 7:35 PM
    ACC Multiplayer Create link to join ACC server Yesterday at 3:10 PM
    Bug reports My ACC Crashing Yesterday at 10:49 AM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC BlacktopRacers Leauge on Playstation4 Monday at 8:48 PM
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Application similar to Trading Paints for ACC Saturday at 10:09 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashing every time between startup and 20min of play Saturday at 1:20 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Depth buffer Engine problems with some tracks Friday at 10:26 PM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Are there any American-based ACC leagues? Friday at 7:41 AM
    ACC Hardware Discussions Will this build run ACC? Thursday at 8:27 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashing joining a game - ECCI 7000 Thursday at 3:26 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashing freezing system completely intermittently May 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Steam ACC license forum profile ¿What is? May 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash during multiplayer warm-up lap May 18, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash when driving over finishline/pit in wait time. May 17, 2020

3. Lord Kunos

Lord Kunos His master's voice. Staff Member KS Dev Team

4. leillo1975

leillo1975 Rookie

:(

.....Let us then pray for an experimental version

5. leillo1975

leillo1975 Rookie

I don't know if you know that the game works quite well with Steam Play / Proton. If Kunos isn't going to develop a native version (always better), please don't break this "compatibility". For now, with release 2 still running.

I know a lot of Linux users who have bought and are using it with this Valve tool. At the moment, with release two the game works pretty well with my old computer in mid settings.... ahh, and with Force Feedback in my G27. You can see a video here:

The fps are low because I'm recording with OBS and the game are not running in Fullscreen. You can count 10-15 fps more

surtic86 likes this.