1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Why selling unfinished product...(not a rant on devs)! General question/discussion!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Aug 25, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Let me first say that I'm very exited about the game that will arrive tomorrow on my
    Adress, I see huge potential in this one. But...reading all the threads here about why is missing this why is missing that, here bug there bug......

And final question is"Then why are they selling unfinished product to us"?!?

I can remember the hype about project cars. It was unbelievable how they have hyped this tittle, reality strike back hard when everyone got there copies-game was more broken the Battlefield 4 on the very first release day, and the horror continues, 70€ gone out of the pocket, the mentioned tittle (pCars) stopped developing the game few months latter to work on a new tittle Project Cars 2, in the meanwhile, they run out of money (I think) then the Game Of The Year came (I really don't know who voted for this particular game to be GOTY they must be on drugs), which on the beginning was 48€ but now bit cheaper. So...game still is a huge mess, cars glued together, MO without any regulation, penalty system is...ohhh...don't force me to go that direction......MP full of dirty drivers, etc etc etc......

Now, Asseto Corsa, released a game which is obviously not finished and polished few very important parts of the game is missing etc....

Why?! Are we customers really so stupid that we'll buy every time broken and unfinished game?!? The day will come when we stop buying games on release days...then dear devs around the globe you'll be forced to deliver 98% finished product not 70%!

Pedal to the metal

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Selling Features as DLC Jun 27, 2017
    Console Lounge Selling my Assetto Corsa XB1 Copy Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Selling ac Dec 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Is kunos now selling protein pill supplements? Oct 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Im selling my t500 rs f1 Integral complete Jun 5, 2014
    General modding discussion Selling mods possible ? Dec 2, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting Stupidest and most unfinished game I've ever played. Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI issue, Bug or an unfinished product for beta testing Nov 20, 2019
    Screens & Videos unfinished project Aug 6, 2016
    Tracks modding Kart track (unfinished project) Aug 4, 2015

3. I totally agree! First the developers have promised all the content from the PC to consoles, but it sechas For sale separately. And it comes out very expensive.

Secondly a lot of functions just simply not available in the version of the console.
    Such as camera setting, private lobby, leaderboard, telemetry.

In the third, I repeat, this is a terrible graphics on the Xbox!

It seems that the developers have spat in your face. I was looking forward to this game, I made friends buy it. And now, I am ashamed, seeing how the game turned out.

I hope that soon all correct, but so far I feel sorry for the money and very disappointing!

memory1983 and monkiusz like this.
  4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm tired of such behavior bro tbh....

Pedal to the metal

exsell likes this.
  5. cobra188d

cobra188d Gamer

People rarely post good things, about anything, and AC is no different. Why not wait until tomorrow, play the game, then see how your experience is?

Stevie777 likes this.
  6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Bro, if anyone is saying that private lobbies are missing, but in layout as well and other few thing then they won't be tomorrow fixed don't upset yourself.

Don't miss the point of my post here

Pedal to the metal

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

People are already playing the game.

lelinuxien52 likes this.
  8. Globespy

Globespy Racer

I've been anxiously awaiting this game release since the beginning of the year.
    I would firstly like to say that Pcars, despite being a mess at launch received intensive support and patches that were regularly released for almost the first year. We are now on patch v11 and for the most part, it's the game it should have been at launch. I'm part of multiple leagues on a weekly basis, and other than the odd disconnect/bug on a couple of tracks, it's fantastic racing.
    Given that AC is supposed to be the pinnacle of SIM realism, it's absolutely unfathomable that they would release a game with no private lobby support when they knew that the majority of people buying this game are the new emerging SIM fan console customers who regularly participate in organized league races?
    In what universe was it OK to just not bother allowing private lobbies for the numerous SIM racing leagues?
    The developer feedback has been atrociously arrogant, and whilst I understand their frustrations with being asked the same questions multiple times, you just can't talk to your paying customer like that. You don't exist without them, why that's so difficult to understand is beyond me.
    I'm canceling my pre order, as will thousands of others on league racing forums around the world. You wanted to bring the realism of your game to a very enthusiastic console audience, but sadly you seem to have only catered for the casual racer, most of whom fall into the "wreck everyone on the first few turns and then quit if they aren't in the lead" crew. Serious racers who have invested in wheel setups have always abhorred these types, who are a destructive element in this genre. But yet, Kunos seems to think that their game will be successful by catering for this audience, an audience who will bore quickly and go back to Forza.
    Seriously, what were you guys thinking?

PS - fix your forum site. I'm a console player, I don't have or need a 'Steam' account, so stop pushing me to get something I don't use in order to be properly verified on the forums!

CPS-3, monkiusz, Mogster and 3 others like this.
  9. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Nice and valid statement. Agree with you.

Pedal to the metal

10. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

First of all, there isn't a one single game in the world without minor bugs here and there. That is one thing we customers have just to accept. Games in nowadays are so complex.
    Secondly, who are you or anybody else to deside when the product is unfinished if some feature is missing. If devs deside to launch the game without e.g. Private lobby's that doesn't mean it's unfinished just because someone want that feature.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  11. Globespy

Globespy Racer

Thanks. I can only hope that they address these glaring issues quickly before their game suffers the same fate as Pcars - mass trade ins at game stores around the world and essentially killed before it had a chance. But I think to date they have demonstrated that this is likely what's going to happen.
    I'm sure they will make money, but if that was the only goal here, then they should remember they old saying about "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" and be prepared for an extremely critical and more discerning audience.
    There's obviously a growing market for console SIM racing, talk about shooting the 'golden egg laying goose " straight out of the gate!
    Amazing!

monkiusz likes this.
  12. Globespy

Globespy Racer

I think you are missing the point here. There's a difference between casual controller using racer and what this game AC is really built for. If you understood that, then you would resonate more with the posters comment.
    I'm not saying the casual player with a controller can't be good, I know many who are. But SIM racing is heavily community based and negating to provide the ability to make a lobby private is a grotesque omission and Kunos damn well know this.

13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

With all due respect but when you accept such behavior-launching game without main features" then something ring is with you!

Secondly, "who am I"? I'm a customer who pays money for their product and expect that in today word game have everything what we need and what's essential.

If you deal with it that I spend money for unfinished product please be my guest me and others won't pay solid money for such products!

Pedal to the metal

14. Globespy

Globespy Racer

One other thing. Why is there a thread in the console section about renting servers for 10% off? I'm thinking this must be an error, something just copied over from the PC thread?
    If it's not in error then why can't I view it?
    I'm actually not against the idea of renting a server for private league races, some feedback from Kunos on this would be welcomed.

15. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I've seen it too! We'll have to wait what's up with that

Pedal to the metal

16. Stevie777

Stevie777 Rookie

I have a good advice for you: don't buy the game if you don't like it. Nobody forced you to buy it in the first place...

Life is full of disappointments, get used to it.

17. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Let's be honest here, if they said it earlier that they wont be lobbies-no one would buy the game.

Fact!

Pedal to the metal

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    machwebb and XR Mitch9003 like this.
  18. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

I think the mistake was, that things like that weren't communicated beforhand...

Nobody knew about the Private Servers up until 2 days ago.
    Same goes for leaderboards.

machwebb and XR Mitch9003 like this.
  19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

That's my point. It's like with the pCars-big hype for a trashy game. I don't wanna say that Assetto is a trashy game-no. But few things they didn't tell us bcoz of the selling aspect.

Pedal to the metal

machwebb likes this.
  20. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I just ask you one question, is any software finished?

21. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Finished in terms that they're on 100% a wee is NO! It's like you release an iPhone without message app. and y'all accept it as it seems or at least you approve it.

Pedal to the metal