1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Why update in Facebook/Twitter but not in Official Forum?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rioku, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Why update in Facebook/Twitter but not in Official Forum?

This is something i can´t understand.

Im pretty sure, that there are people that only check the official forum, because not everybody want to have social media.

And other people check forum, facebook and twitter.

So, if everybody has the game and official forum, why some updates are not posted in the official forum?

Octane, Stepy, manudouet and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface How do I update controller setting profile? Thursday at 6:06 PM
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards After last update sa points Wednesday at 10:29 PM
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.0.10 update OUT NOW! Wednesday at 2:51 PM
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.0.9 update OUT NOW! Tuesday at 4:06 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Problem blue flag AI with update 1.0.8 Tuesday at 12:22 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting An Unreal Process Has crashed after 1.0.8 update [RESOLVED] Monday at 5:12 PM
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.0.8 update OUT NOW! Monday at 10:55 AM
    ACC Multiplayer Laptime don't record in game - ==ERR: onCarUpdate Sep 11, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues 1.0.7 New Update 08/2019 - Gamepad problems Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Pit stop bug in update 1.0.7 Aug 10, 2019
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.0.7 update OUT NOW! Aug 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Will we ever get an update/comment about RTX support? Aug 9, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update Fanatec Aug 7, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Lose all my Career Save Game After Steam Update Aug 7, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Some bugs update 1.0.7 Aug 4, 2019

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

It takes less than 10 minutes for the news to pop up here anyway, and FB/Twitter have a way bigger reach.

Might also be requested by the publisher.

sissydriver likes this.
  4. tjr

tjr Simracer

Well I don't use social media at all, but I still found the news here. Admittedly it was given second-hand by another forum user, but it's the same message (literally cut-and-paste).

Perhaps they trust this forum to be fairly self-directed in finding out that kind of info?

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Because patchnotes get posted on news section and in peoples game files and still you have attleast 5 posts of people asking each release for patchnotes.

Kopiller and Felge Schneider like this.
  6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

Maybe because patchnotes for example aren´t up to date on the News Page?
    Since 0.5 no updates here.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/news/

Why would you have an homepage with a news section, but don´t update it?
    I guess too many channels used out there.
    Which channel is the main one, the frist updated and most reliable?

patch.JPG

And this one ain´t sticky:
    not sticky.JPG

I know this section , but I think most guys directly jump into this.

And such an important info about the delay, would be nice to share here with us, just to get the Info, they can have all the time they need.

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

I linked this forums news and announcements section in "I know this section" before.
    Don´t get me wrong, but I thought I´m here to be up to date and to help.
    No crying, demanding, forcing, pushing, just wondering.

9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Why do you consider it so important? It's just a week delay on an Early Access build. It's not like they are cancelling development or something like that.

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

You get me wrong.
    Just important like changelogs, nothing more, nothing less.
    Change important against informative.

11. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Octane likes this.
  12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I can't imagine how many hours/day this guys are working to get the thing done. I'm sorry, but sometimes I think you guys try really hard to find something new to complain about.

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

I'm not one of these guys, never complained before.
    Maybe too old for this and facebook and reddit and twitter and and and.

And still, you guys got me wrong.

14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Don't worry, I was mostly talking about the opening poster.

15. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

i agree with you.
    This is disrespectful for all those who check for info on this game on daily basis.

17. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

Thank You!!!

sissydriver likes this.
  19. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Thankyou very much!

20. th3o

th3o Simracer

Wait...they said "Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week", but does it mean it got delayed by exactly one week? Or does it mean it will some whenever next week?
    I do not find anything where it says sort of: we release it on the 20th. or we delay it one week.

21. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

next week, generic. :)

LHMGTR, sid1965, Ischemica and 3 others like this.