1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why why why am I so slow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Craig Trickett, May 28, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That is one of my favorite cars and needs proper driving to get the most out of it, you cant do much setup wise but apart from not having a shifter it will teach you most things needed for good driving. Over drive it into the corner and it will push through like a snow plow but get the front planted on entry and it is a great little car.

Even better at the Nords, its not really a beginner combo but if you can drive well there you can drive anywhere. To get the most out of it you need to force the front to turn in at times and really play with the balance.

I think a more neutral grippier lotus is probably a better starter car but that is a good next step. Even the GT3 cars are really quite easy to drive to learn the basics but will be quite tricky to get the most out of it and people watching WR times may be quite disillusioned by this. But any GT with medium tyres will teach the basics of driving a race car but setup is also quite important on it where the street cars are much simpler with not much that can be done to them.

The track day cars like the lotus 2 eleven and KTM xbow are also good for the next level beyond learning basic lines and braking where you need to learn to shift and control a car that can get sideways quite easily especially the lotus.

brianr121 likes this.
  2. Juutas

Juutas Racer

GT2/3 cars I lose about 2-5 sec per lap to top drivers... pretty much. But I enjoy the fights at the mid pack. There everybody misses braking points and take weird driving lines (including me :D ). And I use default setups at this learning point. Only changing tyres, fuel amount and gears. In Nürburgring I drove in MP 2:20.xxx with BMW E30 DTM and took pole position in Qualify.

Race Was Bad But Car Was Good...

3. Thanks for the advice guys. I'm focusing on Magione now. Formula Abarth (only because it was a multiplayer server tonight) and also the Lotus Evora GTC. I'm still seconds off WR times but at least it's 105 - 107%... guess it's just a case of putting the hours in like most of you said. Funny thing is, even with an obvious error I can still hit my old times now so thanks.

4. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I'm not really fast myself, but for what it's worth: if you have to choose to focus on either the entry or the exit of a corner, then try to get the exit right. As somebody already mentioned, you'll lose chunks of time down the following stretch after a corner.

Consider Vallelunga for instance (see circuit map below); take the stretch from corner 8 up until you hit the braking for corner 11. Imho, you should consider 8 and 9 as one single "corner" to negotiate, and focus mainly on the exit of corner 9 - if you get a bad exit here, your speed down the straight is going to be seriously comprimised = time down the drain.

[​IMG]

5. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Practicing at Magione is like running with weights. When you finally get used to those annoying tiny twisty turns and then move to another track, the weights are removed, now the corners flow one after another and you can finally reach top speed, you're freeeeeee at last! :D

6. Popeye

Popeye Gamer

105% aint bad. Congratulations. When you start wanting to learn about set ups i can upload a guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I like the track map, funny how t1 is actually the last turn not the first. ;)

Both sections there are critical for speed carried down the 2 long straights the final turn and the 2 you mentioned.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I dunno, I find Silversone GP much harder. Not carrying enough speed through the fast corners and the high speed killer maggots beckets chapel complex looses me years of time. Point and squirt go cart tracks like Magione I find much easier.

9. xxxstefxxx

xxxstefxxx Rookie

in the 8 months, i raced online i discovered a few reasons.
    1. A t500rs example or just the wrong wheel makes you slow, you will never get as fast as the average.
    2. if you chose that you are a pro when launching the game for the first time, you will never be as fast as someone who chose beginner.
    3. if you use a xinput (xbox controller, gamepad), then the game drives for you and you say the direction, making you faster from the start on against someone with a regular axis.
    this is why some wheels are so much better in this game because they use a part of the xinput code, and some wheels completely none.
    4. definitely 100 percent noticeable, someone with a better graphics card and or pc will be faster. actually, I know all 26 competitors' hardware, the average outcome is, the one with the lowest specs end most of the time last and the one with the highest computer specs end up first in the 6 months I played. with the mix of Xinput vs analog drivers.
    this makes big sense as the slower the computer, the slower it can drive for you, the slower it can make you the right decisions. for analog drivers it's like a car with a very, very bad, chassis and a crooked front trail with tonnes of Freeplay on the joints.
    5. a cheater setup can help you maintain control and following the line and brake technique and corner technique can make you faster. but never as fast as someone with a faster and better computer in Asseto Corsa Competizione.

i have been pro all my life in racing games and in real life, to me ACC is just a bummer. my wheel hates it, my computer hates it, well, mé to. but to drive around the laps like on a Sunday just for the review, yes, nice game. fair racing? NO.

10. Turk

Turk Alien

On point 4. I can only see this happening if your using settings you PC can't handle. When I hear things like this I just think, lower your settings. It worked for me, outside of that I just don't see how your FPS can affect other peoples FPS over the internet.

I also don't see how the wheel can really make a difference. By all accounts everyone in the industry says a wheel won't make you faster by default, at most it will give you more information which you can use to be faster.