1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why you shouldn't race 6h SP races yet...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by JKI, Nov 15, 2018.

1. JKI

JKI Gamer

Hello,

I just wanted to share my opinion about the current status of the game. YES, I do know that it is still in EA so see my cons more as feedback and not as criticism.

I know it wouldn't be long until I will be curious about the long distance races in the Built 3. Well, it took 15 hours after the Download until I started a 6h Endurance Race weekend at Paul Ricard. First of all, thank you for implementing this feature!

But now, more than 6 hours and 131 laps later, I am a bit disappointed... I don't think anyone will ever have fun when doing such a race in the current build. First 3-4 hours - much fun, pretty much okay! Last 1/3 of the race: catastrophic...

My race settings:
    Race length: 2x 360 min (I guess that's a display issue because it was one 6h race...)
    Time multiplier: real-time
    Day / Night time: 15:00
    Starting position: Qualify
    Practice: 2x 30 min
    Qualify: 2x 15 min
    N° Opponents: 20
    Player car: ROWE BMW M6 GT3 #98
    First driver: Jens Klingmann
    Tyre/Fuel Consumption: Enabled
    Brake Temperature: Enabled
    Formation Lap: Full Lap
    Track Cut Penalty: Enabled
    Speeding in Pits Penalty: Enabled
    Weather: Clear
    Assists: All off (Only auto clutch)

Summed up Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    + Not much preparation needed - pretty easy, just "Get in and drive!"
    + No lags or freezes at all (Even though I was running the game on an HDD)
    + Day / Night shifts worked great and felt realistic
    + Pitstops are working without any problems
    + Driver Changes worked great (Name changes in the leaderboard, the "real sim-racer" stays obviously the same all the time)
    + PRO / AM cars are sorted well (many PROs at the first half of the field, AM cars like the Walkenhorst M6 (The AM car, not the PRO car) in the second half)
    + Pre-race Sessions (Training, Qualifyings) were much fun! Good AI behaviour (no one was stuck etc.)
    + The dynamic track feature is phenomenal. It looked pretty awesome and felt realistic as I would imagine it in real life (Never driven anything like a GT3 in real)
    + The dirt on the cars is a great feature and makes it look so much more natural. No car stays clean after 4 or more hours of racing
    + The M6 and Paul Ricard is really FINISHED in every aspect! No bugs found at all after doing practice, qualifying and > 4h race (I have the dash res. problem in all cars so it's not about the M6 itself)

Cons:
    - Unreadable texts at the Dash (it is always much more blurry than all other things in the Cockpit (Buttons etc.))
    - No information about fuel at all (Cockpit Dash or HUD - just a small symbol if you're running out of fuel...)
    - The formation lap "speed limiter" is absolutely horrible! It sounds awful, it is unrealistic like nothing else and it happened twice to me, that a car from behind was touching me in the formation lap and if the limiter was reached the car spins unpredictable and uncontrollable off the track
    - No way to edit pitstop preferences
    - The gaps are becoming too big in just a few (3-4) laps (Leader - 7 seconds away, P2 me, P3 5 seconds away, P4 10 seconds away etc)
    - The rating system sees every other car as an opponent (If you overtake a car that is a few laps behind it tells you to defend your position)
    - I expected kinda like 50% of the field density of the real race... But only 20 other cars, driven by your computer are really not enough, to come even close to 50% of the real race car density on track
    - Marshall's actions are making absolutely no sense sometimes. Waving blue flags if you are alone, waving green if a car has crashed behind them etc...
    - You get penalised for contacts with other cars you never had
    - Opponents are not pitting and running out of fuel on track several times
    - Opponents get stuck behind each other
    - Opponents never get removed if they have stopped for what ever reason
    - Opponents are ignoring waved flags (blue, yellow etc.)
    - If an opponent is blocking the track between the white lines other opponents get stuck at them and push them with jerky throttle pushes
    - As longer the race is as fewer cars are pitting
    - After 4-5 hours of racing, 18/20 cars are stuck and ran out of fuel or can't pass a car that's blocking the track
    - No information about refuelling status. The dash icon "fuel low" jumps from on to off after the pitstop is finished (I think it should do that at least while the car is being refuelled)
    - The exposure in the outside view weirdly went brighter or darker depending on if the brake pedal is being pushed / when the brake lights appear.
    - Can't turn off driver names

I quitted the race after 131 laps because nearly all cars were standing all over the track (I think they didn't pit for whatever reason and ran out of fuel...) So no need to race 1:30h more alone with a driving style like being on a zigzag course...

If some of my cons will get fixed in future, I will think about doing a 24hrs of Spa... :rolleyes:

Oh and one question: What about Safety Car and FCY? :p

[​IMG]

And here, ladies and gentleman, you can see a regular corner in ACC Build 3 after 4h+ of racing... (The whole track looked like that)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    dek, gunner1483, paulieGTR and 21 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Why you shouldn't race 24h SP races yet... Jun 10, 2019
    ACC User Interface Weather and Track Conditions - Quick Race = Special Events (but shouldn't) Apr 8, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Jaguar shouldn't be at Zolder Jun 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Pause in hotstints shouldn't be blocked? Dec 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Shouldn't there be some sort of punishment (tyre clipping through the model) Jun 23, 2016
    Suggestions You shouldn't loose your drift points! May 23, 2016
    Suggestions Cars from different dlcs shouldn't matter for a player to join Jan 18, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I knew i shouldn't 1.3 Oct 9, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics "bugs" that shouldn't be in a simulator Dec 21, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues F40 shouldn't be this unfriendly... Jun 10, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Enjoying a Sim shouldn't be that much work:-( Mar 23, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Auto-blip in some cars that shouldn't have it Nov 27, 2013
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Minor bug - typing in setup names shouldn't beep horn Nov 16, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Monday at 5:39 PM

3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

And you can't save your race/weekend (at least I can't find how)

earlyapex and Claponi like this.
  4. JKI

JKI Gamer

You mean like "save here right now and continue to race from this point later"? I don't know any other sim than GTR2 with that feature... Would be cool for 24h races, but I see no need for that for 6h races. I mean you can press ESC and drink, go to the loo etc. and there is no need, at least in my view, to turn off the PC for those short pauses. But sleeping could become a problem at 24h races lol...

Kopiller likes this.
  5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

rF2 has resume from replay so you can run as long as you want, exit the game then later load it up for another stint.

6. Luqie

Luqie Gamer

Never played this game but the save.feature works.nicely

Son likes this.
  7. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I mean save right here right now or during pitstop and between sessions,maybe you have all the time of the world but I don't and want to enjoy endurance racing too, I want to turn off my computer between stints, and a 6 hour stint i think is off rules ;)

John Caetano likes this.
  8. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

I agree. Most will need step away for many reasons to finish longer races at a later time...i can’t see them not doing this but if not wow would be completely disappointed as one would automatically assume it’s needed...and before everyone smacks me for assuming surveys would show vast majority do not play games straight for that long...that’s all I’m saying ;)

EDIT:
    BTW great write up!!

Kopiller likes this.
  9. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Well it's an announced feature (it's written in the event description) I only hope it's implemented soon so we can enjoy the game fully in the early access pretending to be blancpain drivers. (Well at the moment I only can play with 15 ai drivers with my 10 year old CPU :()

earlyapex likes this.
  10. Luqie

Luqie Gamer

And they did state in the RD interview that it was an essential feature, so time will tell I guess

11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

well done JKI, I bet the Kunos guys are gonna definately use your post as a reference to fix all the bits. Three plus months to go:)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Great one, thanks a lot. Although we are atm quite occupied, we will for sure work on the "Cons" soon(tm).

Just a few questions/notes:

Can you provide a small screenshot? Is it getting better if you reduce the texture quality to medium? How much VRAM do you have?

Not my topic so I can't tell what is planned in the end - but for my own curiosity: What perferences would you like to set? imho GT racing is "1x full fuel tank + fresh tyres please".

What AI strength/aggression?

In which situations? Are the cars close? Please report more details

V key? HUD options?

vanveen, D.Jankovic and Kopiller like this.
  13. JKI

JKI Gamer

[​IMG]
    I hope you can see what I mean. The 4 (same with the 6 in the bottom right on the dash) is looking not very sharp and unclear. But the screw looks sharp and okay, even though it is smaller... I am playing with the following settings on my GTX 1050 ti stable at 45-50 FPS:
    [​IMG]

What I would like to be able to do is:
    Decide how much fuel is going to be refuelled
    Decide what types of tires are being changed (only needed when Dynamic Weather is implemented)
    Decide if tires are going to be changed or only fuel
    Maybe presets like AC1 where I can set anything up before the race and then only need to choose between Preset 1, 2 or 3 like AC1.
    Ai Strenght: 96 - Aggression: 80
    Sometimes they were definitely acceptable. When I got the breaking point to late and hit the car in front it said something like: "#96 - Collision with car X. Both cars will get a safety rating penalty" But this also happened to me when I went down the Start/Finish straight and there was no car nearby that I suddenly got this text on my screen...
    V Key and HUD Options tried. Always On, Always Off, Only in MP (if I remember the settings right) never changed anything...

Freddie Seng and Minolin like this.
  14. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The delayed message is rather realistic since the Race director takes a while to determine who was at fault. IRL races it could be several laps later.

JKI likes this.
  15. JKI

JKI Gamer

Well that was my guess at first too but it happened a few times that I got that notification/message when I haven't touched any car in the past 20 minutes...

16. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I hope Minolin can clarify this :)
    And instead of text it should be called by the team boss over the radio.

17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you for your detailed report, really appreciate it

D.Jankovic and JKI like this.
  18. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

+1, this is how constructive reporting is done.

Leonardo Ratafia and D.Jankovic like this.
  19. rolandhuijer

rolandhuijer Rookie

Today i did a 2 hour endurance race after hotfix 0.3.5.

After 43 min cars are running out of fuel and blocking the track.
    The AI fights for position when I put them on a lap behind.
    No information about the fuel consumtion, the first stint was with 125 ltr. i refuel after 75 min. and at the end i was almost out of fuel after 45 min.
    I finnished the race in first position with 61 laps but at the and the result was differend:
    One car was in the final result with 59 laps, 14 cars with a disqualification, me also
    and 5 cars did not finnish the race with an emty tank.

question: would these problems be solved in hotfix 0.3.5 or in a later hotfix.