1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Still waiting for that TrackIR sim standard to make an appearance. I know well there's priorities, but without having TrackIR supported, I'd have to completely uninstall my TrackIR software to allow me to simply look out to the sides and behind on track in ACC. There is no way I can even attempt joining a multiplayer server without proper visualisation of those around me, so I'm stuck in single player with the terrible ai (looking out the front window only mode). Not the best simracing experience ever. I use TrackIR religiously in Arma 3 (welcome aboard Feint(and thanks for many good mods)) , AC, and various flight sims (and I'm sure many of the rest of you do too).

VR was definitely a thing to cover early on in development, but very much so is TrackIR. The difference is, when TrackIR is in, it's in - no further tweaking needed. At the end of the day it's not anything more than a controller SDK. VR needs controller, scale, visuals (vs fps), tweaks to gfx again and again, etc...

We're not asking for much here, just the standard TrackIR SDK integration. Once it's there, it's there and we can enjoy the new sim as much as anyone. Various other head tracker solutions that also run from TrackIR base can also benefit.

2. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

Well summed up. And I completely agree.

I think the ACC builds should come with a warning in the release notes: "Track IR not yet supported". I would have stayed away for now had I known... If the final release doesn't support TrackIR (and the other similar systems) then frankly I've wasted my money (imo)....

WardogZ and Jim Carryballs like this.
  3. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

The devs haven't said it won't be supported so I think we've just got to keep our fingers crossed that it will be there in the release version.

4. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

jesus calm down dudes...
    they got more to do (and more important stuff).
    i got trackIR too and it will be a help maybe when triple is not running but im not into panic mode and complain every day about it...
    at the moment i got my feeling back for single screen driving.
    when you learn the track a little bit and try to setup the seatposition a little its ok.
    not perfect, but ok.

MTv and mr Switchblade like this.
  5. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

I am calm.... now that I've given up on trying to drive ACC without TrackIR...

I'm afraid I don't have the skill/technique for single-monitor driving in multiplayer... I wouldn't want to inflict my poor spacial awareness on other drivers.. I sympathise with them having a lot to do recoding and debugging. It would be nice to get some reassurance from the devs that they are considering (without commitment) integrating Track IR at some stage, even post-1.0.

SkinnyCyclist likes this.
  6. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

Yes please. Add trackir support to ACC.:)

7. Carl Roberts

Carl Roberts Rookie

im a fan of your product and have supported your game unfinished pls take the time to implement track ir I know there are plentyof customers that will be pleased if you do

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

you supported Early Access game as we all know ;) not unfinished game and maybe a bit of patience does not hurt.

sps_for_race likes this.
  9. SharpeXB

SharpeXB Gamer

This sim looks really interesting but I won't purchase unless it supports TrackIR
    It's not possible to play any game like this, flight sims etc. effectively without the ability to turn your head. Specifically in racing you need to be able to look ahead at the apex and having your head fixed in position is very arcade and a no-go for me.

cr4wl3r0 and KillZoneGB like this.
  10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Noob question here so apologies, but why is first-person camera control not possible now? It is possible to play in VR already...

11. Evert G

Evert G Rookie

KartKraft developers have promised TrackIR: same engine so I hope Kunos will do the same.

12. Stig 2

Stig 2 Gamer

i say no

13. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Why?

14. Felt cheated to know that TIR will not be supported from day one. I took it for granted (TIR support) right from the start, not even bothering thinking this couldn't be true. Should've researched better.
    Of course I bought ACC intending to test the game while it was being developed (and also because I'm a huge AC fan), and of course expected the first builds to not support TIR, but knowing that it is not in the roadmap priorities for launch (day one) is really sad. I just can't drive without TIR anymore, so my attempts to test ACC went south very quickly.
    I can't return the game anymore, but I would if I have known this before. A proper sim who emulates things in 3d world without head tracking is a no-go. VR isn't everything, specially for those who likes high def and runs a lot of button boxes/cockpit. Also, I will not be able to jump into VR bandwagon due to eyesight problems, so ACC seems to be dead in the water to me. Just hoping 2019 proves me wrong.

SkinnyCyclist likes this.
  15. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Me too feeling exactly the same ......
    Kind of strange ACC (Devs) does not support TIR................

16. Roby

Roby Racer

I have my finger over the BUY button in TrackIR site ... have i to press or not?
    TrackIR works ok NOW with ACC?

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

TrackIR currently doesn't work with ACC.
    If you're going to buy TRackIR only due to ACC I suggest you wait until it's supported.

18. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

I'm also hoping for trackIR support for slightly different reasons than all you TrackIR owners.
    I've got a Tobii 4C eye / head tracker - while a few games (F1 2018, PC2) offer native support for this, it's also possible to get it working with any game that supports TrackIR, using a utility called FaceTrackNoIR. Here is an example of it with AC.

So in an ideal world ACC will provide native support for TrackIR and Tobii eye tracking, but even if we just get TrackIR support I'll be happy! :)

19. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

Googling around it seem that triple monitors are not widely supported in Unreal and that TrackIR is has issues with the engine too. I hope Kunos have not banked on a dud for simming.

20. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Agreed! Following up on my previous post about Tobii eye tracking, Tobii have released an Unreal SDK for their eye tracking devices, details here: https://developer.tobii.com/consumer-eye-trackers/unreal-engine-sdk/
    Sorry that doesn't help with the TrackIR compatibilty at all, but I thought it worth mentioning.

EDIT: found a better place to continue the Tobii discussion here.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019