1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Will be TrackIR supported day one for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 30, 2018.

1. The game is having a good part of your code rewritten. So, it is not logical hope that, while they redo the work, they implement new features. We will need wait.

2. lordpatou

lordpatou Racer

I don't think track IR is low priority because of VR, but because of all the work still to be done to bring us all the anounced features.

3. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Until they implement some TrackIR ability within ACC, I still cannot look anywhere except directly out the front window. With TrackIR installed on my system, I simply can't assign any controls whatsoever to manually glance left/right or behind, leaving me with absolutely no way to know what is around me while racing, or even catching a glimpse of my side mirrors. Little red arrows or any other sort of overlay is not an acceptable solution.

Without support for TrackIR within ACC, I am stuck with either a completely useless racing sim taking up space on my SSD, or having to uninstall TrackIR every time I wish to play ACC, install it again to play AC/ArmA/DCS/IL-2/Rise of Flight, etc. Uninstall, install, uninstall, ad nauseam. Not acceptable at all.

It's not like the triple monitors scenario, where you can use them, but things are somewhat stretched and ugly. By not supporting TrackIR in ACC, it is actually blocking you from using absolutely essential features while driving, unless you completely uninstall your head tracking software....

I'd love to hear a current official word on this subject. If support for TrackIR, etc cannot be implemented due to the (somewhat unfortunate) choice of UE4, I can uninstall ACC, realise I've wasted my money on it, and be done with the whole thing. If it can be, and will be, I'd simply like to hear a quick "we are currently working on implementing support for TrackIR" or "We will have support in the full release".

viffviff99 likes this.
  4. lordpatou

lordpatou Racer

They wont tell nothing until they are sure of what they say. You've got to be patient.

5. vortex19

vortex19 Gamer

Just stop TrackIR before starting ACC and then restart it afterwards. No need to uninstall it.

Jim Carryballs likes this.
  6. flyingpig

While the TrackIR software is installed (not actively running or even having the tracker plugged in), I cannot set any look left/right/behind keys or controls within ACC. It was exactly the same with AC. The only way to set a key or control for looking in a direction within AC and ACC is to completely uninstall TrackIR software. The exact same thing happened in AC before I got TrackIR when I was testing the FaceTrackNoIR software - As soon as it was installed, The view controls in AC could not be set until such time FaceTrackNoIR was removed completely off the system.

7. vortex19

vortex19 Gamer

You have a problem somewhere else on your system, then. I have no issues assigning the look left/right/behind keys in either AC or ACC with the tracking software installed.

8. flyingpig

Believe me, if I thought for a second it was a problem on my system, I would never bring it up. Behaviour is identical on both PCs I have here (one running win 7 pro, the other win 10 pro). Three other people I know with trackir have also tested this in AC/ACC and the results are exactly the same for them - When they have trackir installed (or any other head-tracker that emulates or presents itself as naturalpoint's tracking), AC/ACC detects trackir being installed, and removes the ability to bind any keys/controls to glance left/right/behind in the cockpit.

I do very much remember at the time when this was first being discussed in AC, there was an official response given to explain why you couldn't bind look keys with head-tracking installed, but for the life of me, I cannot remember where or when. I believe it was at the time trackir was first being added to AC, and it had strict left/right movement limits, that seemed to be limited to the angle the keybound glance left/right angles were set to. When the trackir implementation was changed to allow full range movement in AC, you could no longer bind or use glance controls in the cockpit.

Some links (including one from the coder of the popular Real Head Motion app for AC) -

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ind-left-right-humble-request-for-devs.39610/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/trackir-head-moving-limit.10130/page-6 (post #120 onwards)
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-ability-to-look-left-right-and-behind.21235/
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/glance-right-left-not-working.79379/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/3fblfy/i_cant_look_left_or_right_anymore/

Sims/games I have installed where I use trackir (and can also still use bound controls to look in fixed directions around the cockpit/environment) -

Live for Speed
    GT Legends
    GTR2
    rFactor 1
    Euro Truck Sim 2
    American Truck Sim
    ArmA 1/2/3
    DCS World
    IL-2 1946/CloD/BOS, etc
    Rise of Flight

Sims/Games I cannot glance around via keys/controls while trackir is installed -

Assetto Corsa
    Assetto Corsa Competizione

Obviously in AC, I use my trackir and I have absolutely no need to use any bound controls to look around. It seems though that the same bit of code is in ACC that detects trackir and actively blocks binding or using glance views in the cockpit. Unfortunately since there is no actual trackir support in ACC, I'm stuck with the current problem - not being able to use my trackir, and not being able to even temporarily set a basic look left/right/behind...

9. vortex19

vortex19 Gamer

Then how do you explain why I'm able to bind the views to my wheel in both AC and ACC with head tracking software installed on my system? It can't be a problem with AC/ACC or it wouldn't work for me.

10. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Gamer

if the software is not running its not running...
    i had it all the time installed and never such a mysterious problem.

11. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Same here. Software installed and have no issues binding controls...

I have however confirmed that you cannot manually bind keyboard controls while the wheel controller is selected. Its either all keyboard or all wheel buttons only. I believe they known this is a current limitation and will hopefully change this in the future... So make sure you are binding your look around keys to buttons on your assigned controller...

12. vortex19

vortex19 Gamer

Keeping the thread alive, and just as a small plea to the already overworked devs, it would be nice to see TrackIR support in the rewritten upcoming (0.6) release. If not, then hopefully in the final release version.

tjr likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'm thinking about investing in trackir5 with a 32:9. It would be nice just to use for mirror checks so hopefully one day it is supported.

warth0g likes this.
  14. warth0g

warth0g Racer

Yes agree, I’m eyeing a 49 inch super ultra wide myself and track ir would be perfect with it

Coanda likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Off topic:- The question im asking myself is do you go with the current 3840x1080 144hz 1ms version or wait for the new 5120x1440 120hz 4ms version to arrive sometime this year? It would be hard to power one of those 1440P monitors for gaming however the way I see it it should be slightly less damanding than 4k with 7.4M pixels compaired to 8.1M pixels rendered. Dual rtx 2080ti would should do it at 120 FPS however they are ridiculously priced.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I was able to put TrackIR working, with a walk around.

FreePie to emulate mouse to be used with free cam.

Only 2 axis, at cockpit you will have external sound, F7 free cam key conflit with F7 TrackIR precision key (enable first free cam then TrackIR).

Tutorial FreePie video found in youtube:

I made a small video, not at the driver sit but as an spectator. :) At least it will be good to do some videos.

17. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Gamer

Has anyone got FreePie to work with their EDTracker ?

18. tjr

tjr Racer

No. Tried this after 0.6.0 and it did not work for me.

mister dog likes this.