1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Will be TrackIR supported day one for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 30, 2018.

1. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Bump !
    Keeping thread alive.....

KillZoneGB likes this.
  2. tjr

tjr Racer

I'm assuming that there is still no workaround to get this working yet?

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

I’m crossing my fingers that is something saved for the very last moment, but we’ll have it at some point.
    I do really miss using TrackIR and have to use virtual mirror, which I do not like (nor the radar), because I can’t see the mirrors due to the FOV I use and the static cockpit. :(

KillZoneGB and mister dog like this.
  4. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Track IR is really a must.

5. mister dog

mister dog Hardcore Simmer

6. warth0g

warth0g Simracer

So I did take the plunge and bought a 49" ultrawide monitor. It's awesome, but would be awesomer with TrackIR :)

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hate to admit it: yours is bigger than mine. But mine is still quite impressive with 34". Would love to try out TrackIR. Money is ready...waiting patiently for devs to implement it.

warth0g likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

wicked screen, nice one mate! Got my eye firm on the upgraded 1440p 120hz version due out sometime this year. Dunno if I can poeer it with my 1080ti. Very much doubt it. Curious what FOV you using for future reference?

9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

Nice!
    I’m thinking you went for one of the Samsung/Asus 3840x1080?
    I presume you’re not playing that far from the monitor, around 70 cm?
    If so, what do you find of the pixel density?

I’m asking because Samsung announced a 49” 5120x1440 FreeSync and LG a 38” 3840x1600 GSync at CES 2019 and I’m tempted but I wonder what card will then must be used.
    My card handles quite well a 34” 3440x1440 but the new Samsung CRG9 will be a whopping 50% increase and even the 38” is 25% more pixels for the GPU to process, although both have a similar pixel density to a 34” 3440x1440.

10. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

must have!

11. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

I am getting an EDTracker soon, mainly for flight sims, so I would appreciate head tracking support here as well. Hopefully it can be done.

12. vortex19

vortex19 Racer

You may want to hold back on that as the EDTracker only has 3 degrees of freedom (3DOF - pitch, roll and yaw). It doesn't allow lateral or vertical movements of your head which is useful to be able to move your head up and down to see over the aircraft instrument panel and move forwards and backwards to zoom in on instruments. Something like Opentrack (free) with an inexpensive LED clip (or completely free with an Aruco tracker) has 6DOF and is much more flexible.

13. tjr

tjr Racer

As Vortex19 writes, there are free alternatives. I use OpenTrack and strap to my headphones an old phone running FreePIE IMU to get 3 axis of movement. I suggest you give it a go.

14. vortex19

vortex19 Racer

But that still only gives you 3DOF which is fine for racing sims but less useful for flight sims. As I said earlier, Opentrack with an Aruco tracker gives you the full 6DOF and works surprisingly well. Best of all, assuming you have a webcam, it's completely free and weighs a lot less than having a phone strapped to your headphones.

15. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

You can try FaceTrackNoir: it' s a cheap and quite effective solution
    Regards :)

16. tjr

tjr Racer

Thanks, I'll look into that myself.

17. vortex19

vortex19 Racer

I like FaceTrackNoIR and used it until about a year ago. However, I found it had a very slight delay in response (a little like over-damping) even on the lowest settings. Opentrack response seems to be instantaneous, it has more options and it's completely free. Plus, it seems to be more actively developed than FaceTrackNoIR.

cr4wl3r0 likes this.
  18. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Thanks for the info:
    I keep fingers crossed in hope ACC will support some sort of headtracking for use with my single 32" curved screen....
    Best regards

19. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

EDTracker is on its way. I did my research and I understand its limitations that can be partially solved using pseudo-6DoF via OpenTrack. By the way I used to have a TrackIR 5 which I sold after I stopped flight simming a couple of years ago. I went with ED now mainly because I always had problems with background lighting with TIR (and I suppose they are the same if not worse for other camera based solutions), which was extremely frustrating. And I'd need a decent webcam.

I actually did try it with AC and for some reason it kept disconnecting on my phone. I didn't even troubleshoot because it was simply uncomfortable. And having my phone at hand while flying can be useful.

I tried FaceTrackNoIR before I bought a TIR5 back then ~6-8 years ago. I didn't really like it, it kept losing my face and it was unusable in the dark. I am sure it's better now, but for decent results I'd have to buy a new webcam (I have like 10+ year old cheap webcams, as I don't use them) which would end up from a financial point of view in the ballpark of an EDTracker with more potential limitations.

20. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Oh, my thread from 9 months ago, I expected nothing and still I'm let down.